Declan Rice departs West Ham United

Comments

• edited June 2023
    If rice decides to stay, Ukraine beats Russia and trump goes to jail, this would be the most massive year ever.
  • Sully will be sweating on that clip !

So will Rice when he leaves. It will no doubt be used as a stick to beat him with by some.

Feel a bit sorry for him really. Basically ambushed with an impossible question with a camera pointing at him.
  • And that is why I think Sullivan made that statement. He’s going, leave him alone. And should he stay then all is good. He is West Ham until June 30th at the very least.
  • IronHerb said:

And that is why I think Sullivan made that statement. He’s going, leave him alone. And should he stay then all is good. He is West Ham until June 30th at the very least.

I have a feeling the transfer window opens June 14th, so it might not even be that long. But yeah I think that’s why Sully said that.
  • Thing is, he's posting things like 'our Brazilian magnifico' about Paqueta which is giving some fans some hope. I mean, Rice is still a West Ham player and therefore part of 'our' club so is perfectly entitled to do so, but it feels a little disingenuous if he knows he's leaving in a couple of weeks.

I dunno, I keep flip-flopping from thinking he's gone, to thinking maybe he wants to stay. This is why I just want it done either way. Either sell him or come out and say he's staying.
  • Its hard when seeing him celebrate and voice his love for the club etc. He seems very much a part of the team in all ways and this obviously makes it harder for all of us to witness and want him to stay put. He obviously does love the club, the fans and there's a bond with the other players too which is undeniable. So I imagine its pretty hard for him not to show that love, to enjoy whats just happened etc rather than ease out of the spotlight because he's leaving. I personally think that whatever he does or doesn't do could easily be interpreted and enterpreted again a day or two later
  • I also find it confusing but only because Arsenal are being touted around. I just don't see how they win anything other than maybe the odd domestic cup occasionally. Before the season just gone they we nowhere near favourites to win anything.
  • Lukerz Paqueta
  • Sullivan offered him £200k a week on an 8 year deal, taking him to his 30s. What a deal for Dec. 😂
  • Hamstew said:

Lukerz Paqueta

Just sold my car…to Modibo Maiga 🎵
  • Lukerz said:

Hamstew said:

Lukerz Paqueta

Just sold my car…to Modibo Maiga 🎵
    Don't give up your day job 😂🤣😂
  • Def not, whacked in bubbles during tutor time since Thursday both mornings. Nobody knew the relevance of a bubble to West Ham.
  • He wanted to leave because he wanted to compete for and win things. He’s done that now with us and there’s no guarantee he will do that at a new club, City excepted. Maybe not even there if the authorities have the wosnames to deal with the FFP situations properly.
    Just a slim chance he may have second thoughts this summer.
  • I'd say we have more chance of winning the Europa League than Arsenal do winning champions league. City will clean up domestically untill Newcastle can compete.
  • I think Rice genuinely cares for the club and some of what he’s posting is him just celebrating the moment. He shouldn’t have to shut up just because of how people might interpret things. He’s a West Ham player till he goes and should say “our” when referring to another West Ham player.

He’s not acting like he’s out the door just because the season’s wrapped up and there’s a lot to respect in that. Hope he can enjoy the moment.
  • I wonder how much more than £100 million and how achievable are the add ons? Hopefully nothing based on them winning the PL, CL or Arteta turning into a pleasant human being! 😉
  • But , Arsenal, wow, such a bad choice IMO.
    No taste and not sure what trophies he really think he’s going to win… 🙄
  • Such a waste going to Arsenal. That boy should be going to the very top.
  • edited June 2023
    It doesn’t matter where he goes. It’s his choice. The main thing is it’s not going to be with us. Let him choose whatever club he wants. I think we all agree he should be going to a Real, Bayern, Barca, City, but Arsenal is who he wants.

Get the £100m & we move forward.
  • No one knows he wants Arsenal. He might just prefer London and Arsenal are the only offer.
  • Also, I am not sure I wish him well. I thank him for everything he has done for West Ham but I only care about West Ham. If he goes to Arsenal, I don’t want them to do any better than I normally want them to do. I wish him all the best for England.
  • edited June 2023
    I think it's all very well some people saying "who cares where he goes etc etc" but for some people they may feel more invested in the player. For me Rice isn't a Bilic, Payet, Parker. For me I feel so much more invested in him. Ever since my boy has supported West Ham Rice has been a part of the journey we have had together. He knows no different, A bit like how many feel with Noble. He's also the only West Ham player I've known that has that star quality. He's the face of adverts, England, TV shows. The guy is literally world class. I think people have a right to feel like they want him to go here or there even though I guess in reality it has nothing to do with us. Just my opinion but this one feels different to me. It hurts.
  • I do agree, I just mean the debate over whether Arsenal are worth it is a little meaningless. He’s going to be playing with Saka, Jesus, Odegaard, Martinelli, it’s a clear step up.

I agree it will definitely hurt.
  • edited June 2023
    I don't think anyone's said it isn't a step up. But it definitely isnt the top imo.
  • Arsenal need to pay what we want first, wouldn’t mind another team coming in and bidding higher, just IMO of course
  • There is little doubt that he is truly world class and we have been blessed to have him in our team these past few years, however.

For me, at Man City not even he would be guaranteed a first team slot whilst at Arsenal he would surely be the first name on the sheet, going abroad is always a gamble and I think he feels it is a gamble he does not need to take.

For me personally, I have no problem with him going to Arsenal, of all the other London clubs i have more of a soft spot for them over anyone else, (although Arteta is admittedly testing that feeling).

Please god not Spurs nor Chelsea 🙏
  • Chicago, I agree with what you posted.
    Thing I don’t understand didn’t he say he wanted to win things, trophies etc etc, with Arsenal 🤔…….
    That is a risk, one good season and he really believes they are going to win things, not sure about that……👍🏻
  • I guess he could see Arsenal as a challenge and a team he can derive satisfaction from winning something with more than a City team that have just won the treble. This said the quality of team mate is so much higher at City, to have KDB and Halland as team mates has got to be special.

He and the club will know exactly who is interested and who is not and at present it seems as though Bayern and Arsenal would be the two.