Declan Rice departs West Ham United

Comments

• SSN

Arsenal expected to make £90m Rice bid
    Arsenal are expected to make formal bid worth £90m for West Ham United captain Declan Rice
  • Ravel49 said:

SSN

Arsenal expected to make £90m Rice bid
    Arsenal are expected to make formal bid worth £90m for West Ham United captain Declan Rice

It'll have add ons again, and it'll be rejected. Arsenal are trying to drag it out in the hope of making us desperate. The longer it goes on, the more we need clarity on what's happening if we're going to get a replacement.

IMO we need to set a deadline and a price. If the offer doesn't come in by X, then we aren't selling. We saw Dortmund do that with Sancho a few years ago, so why can't we.
  • Arsenal add ons -
    Should we win the league
    Should we win the champs league

Fat chance of either, so why offer them
  • Agreed. We need to be able to plan our summer. Pre-season starts soon and ideally we'd have the Rice and Scamacca situations sorted by then.

I don't want another situation where we have to try to integrate new signings during the new season. If Arsenal want Rice it's £120m by 1st July or he stays for another season.

We're in a good position to be attracting better players with EL football next season. We will probably need to move soon to secure them but the fear is that a large part of our budget is dependent on Rice going.
  • I think the Bellingham deal has made clubs think if he’s worth £115m then we’re not gonna pay £120 m for Rice.

But that’s the club price, so either stump up or shut up 👋
  • Ravel49 said:

I think the Bellingham deal has made clubs think if he’s worth £115m then we’re not gonna pay £120 m for Rice.

But that’s the club price, so either stump up or shut up 👋

The thing with Bellingham, though, is that he's coming from the Bundesliga. Premier League clubs are richer than all others, and players cost more when we buy and sell them, unless we actively want to sell someone in which case bargains can be had.

If Rice was being sold by Dortmund someone might have got him for £85m, but the fact he's leaving an English club means the prices go up.
  • Shove it.
  • IronHerb said:

Shove it.

And then when you've shoved it, shove it some more.
  • A ridiculous bid if that's what it's going to be. It's nowhere near what we're asking for, it's £75m when we're asking for £120m. I'd expect us to accept anything over £100m though, plus realistic add-ons like appearances not fantasy ones like winning the CL.
  • A ridiculous bid if that's what it's going to be. It's nowhere near what we're asking for, it's £75m when we're asking for £120m. I'd expect us to accept anything over £100m though, plus realistic add-ons like appearances not fantasy ones like winning the CL.

This is what other clubs' supporters must feel lile when we make an offer 🙈
  • Can't seem to get my head around the maths being used. An initial bid was £80 million plus £10m add ons was submitted which we deem to be weighted in Arsenal's favour. Second offer is less up front with an increase in the amount attached to the add ons still in their favour. Can someone please tell them, or anyone else, it is £120m or a lot of money plus a decent player. Pep could offer us Borges or Perrone to sweeten the deal who is Arteta offering up?
  • Pepe probably
  • We need one of the money clubs of City or Newcastle to come in to either knock Arsenal out or make them get serious.

City need him to assert existing dominance as Arsenal were not far behind this year and Rice could close the gap, they also will be against them not only in the Premiership but also the Champions League now. Newcastle need him as they must close a gap between City and Arsenal and Rice helps them do that. It would be foolish of either club to allow Arsenal to take him. Chelsea then enter the situation as they could really do with a leader like Rice in my view.

I can only assume they are allowing Arsenal to test the water at present unless its one of those situations in which he has made it clear he only wants Arsenal so others will not enter.
  • edited June 2023
    £75m 😂
  • edited June 2023
    Every single year every clubs fans say they want their business done by July. It never happens because 1) it’s impossible & 2) you still get the flurry of better value deals & better quality availability in August as squads pad out.

We don’t need to rush the Rice deal. He’s our player. We ask what we want. Arsenal will try & lowball & drag it out over days to get us to panic into accepting before we can ‘progress’ with our summer. Stay patient. If the money doesn’t come, Declan can carry that little West Ham carrier bag during those pre-season ‘Welcome back’ pics.
  • edited June 2023
    Lukerz said:

Every single year every clubs fans say they want their business done by July. It never happens because 1) it’s impossible & 2) you still get the flurry of better value deals & better quality availability in August as squads pad out.

We don’t need to rush the Rice deal. He’s our player. We ask what we want. Arsenal will try & lowball & drag it out over days to get us to panic into accepting before we can ‘progress’ with our summer. Stay patient. If the money doesn’t come, Declan can carry that little West Ham carrier bag during those pre-season ‘Welcome back’ pics.

Ok, so playing Devil's Advocate; we drag the Rice deal out until mid-August. He's our player, he has a great pre-season, we all start talking about top six and then Arsenal, City, whoever, offer the £120m.

Every chance our potential replacements have gone elsewhere, and other clubs know we have £120m in our pocket and a huge hole in our midfield with two weeks of the window left. We'll get absolutely rinsed.

I know realistically we won't get everything done by July, but Rice is so important to us - either as a key player or as a large chunk of our transfer budget - that we need to get it done quickly, IMO. I don't think we can plan effectively with a question mark over such an important player.
  • Lukerz said:

I don't think we can reasonably expect ALL transfers to be done, but, as OCS says, it is completely reasonable to set a deadline for selling our star player.
  • Depends if deadlines were included in the ‘gentleman’s agreement’.
  • We also employ people to find players? If we haven't identified targets and backups and backup Rice plans then I'd say they weren't doing that good a job
  • If City are awaiting in the wings, if I am Arsenal I'd be making a bit more of an effort to snag Rice. That means stopping messing about and put a serious bid in there to make us and other teams eyes water and get the man! I dont want him to go to City but a big bid plus a couple of their younger talents would happily see me laugh at Arsenal for not doing what they need to do. If its a case of them thinking Rice wants to only come to us so we'll not bid anywhere near what West Ham want then I really dont want him to go there
  • Bazshuayi said:

We also employ people to find players? If we haven't identified targets and backups and backup Rice plans then I'd say they weren't doing that good a job

It's not about that though, IMO. If we wait until mid August to sell, then we have less time to go and bid, and some of those might be gone. Until he actually goes, I don't think we can reasonably expect the club to replace him.
  • If we get to mid August we don’t sell him (not that he’ll be here then).
  • edited June 2023
    Arsenal’s bid for Rice was £75m, over four years, with a possible £15m additionals, paid over five years.

Really?

Rice is not an add-ons type player. England international, will be future England captain, current club captain, best CM in PL of his age.

He’s not a potential player, this is what you do when you aren’t sure on a player.
  • Lukerz said:

If we get to mid August we don’t sell him (not that he’ll be here then).

Well that's what I said before about having a deadline
  • Wonder if Declan realised what Arsenal are playing at, because it ain’t great…
    But he’s adamant he wants out….
  • Where have you seen that he’s adamant he wants out?
  • edited June 2023
    IronHerb said:

Where have you seen that he’s adamant he wants out?

Isn’t it obvious?
    Not sure I’ve read it, but IH think it’s pretty obvious he wants to move on…
  • £90M rejected
  • Are we not taking David Sullivan saying that Dec said he wants to leave as confirmation that he’s has sId he wants to leave? Rice has said nothing public, so we go with what the owner says?