Declan Rice departs West Ham United

Comments

• Get it done already ,Then we can try and buy Dawson back =)
  • edited June 2023
    Maybe Dec sees the gooners as a stepping stone to a better team in the future
  • Imo Rice really isn’t world class!
    Genuine question, how many times has he played well for England?
    I think he’ll be found out playing with better players around him week in week out and be seen as the week link.
    No way is he in the same bracket as Bellingham who is going for a similar fee 😳
    All my opinion of course.
  • Up to June 2022 Rice won 5 England MOTM awards in previous the 9 games. Not too shabby.
  • I’ve seen him play well for England, Southgate seems to want him to just break up play and then do a simple pass, not like the freedom he has with us. I think we would have beat Italy in the Euros final if he stayed on.
  • I think he's played very well for England. Took a while to settle in but he's been excellent in tournament football imo.
  • He plays a different role for England, so doesn't drive forward in the same way he does for us, but IMO he's been as important as Bellingham, if not more so.

IMO, there is only one better box to box midfielder in the Premier League than Rice (Gundogan) and there is only one better defensive midfielder in the Premier League than Rice (Rodri).
  • My feeling is that he wants to play for a team that he can improve, as well as playing in the CL. The Manchester clubs don't fit the bill, one because he couldn't improve them and the other because they wouldn't let him improve them. Liverpool can't afford him and Chelsea are a basket case. Therefore Arsenal.
  • That’s exactly how I see it Kuching. I think Liverpool would actually be the perfect club for him if they could afford him. He would be the boost that would allow them to challenge for everything, I think.
  • And who would like that, other than scousers?
  • Bayern 'pull out of race' for Rice
    Bayern Munich have pulled out of the race to sign Declan Rice, report Sky in Germany.
    Sky Sports News revealed earlier this month that Rice had spoken with Bayern manager Thomas Tuchel and was open to a move to the German champions.
    But Rice has now become too expensive for Bayern, according to the report, and will not bid for the West Ham midfielder.
  • I dont even see Rice as box to box. He definitely has a certain skill set currently which is excellent but he's not anywhere near a top box to boxer. Bellingham has different, more attack skilled, attributes IMO. He's already a really great player at his age and if he improves by just 10% over a couple or three years he'll be ridiculous!

• Rodri is definitely the reason why he shouldn't go to City. Arsenal may be in the CL this season but I (obviously) agree that he should go to Liverpool. Arsenal are a club he doesnt have to move for, they play great football, most are pretty young and will improve and they'll be challenging for things much more consistently over the next few seasons (IMO). Lastly, Man Utd would do well to put him in their midfield but I really can't stomach seeing him in their shirt!
  • Arsenal offered Ruben Neves... Maybe that will cloud things further. Or perhaps leave less money for a big bid. Or provoke less desire for one...
  • West Ham reject Arsenal’s opening off for Declan Rice, believed to be around £80m with bonuses (Jacob Steinberg, The Guardian).
  • Talksport are saying that man city could hijack Rice.... i wouldn't want phillips coming in, if they offered him to us.
  • This is really simple, we hold out until the fee we want is met. We must know the fee we want. If it’s £120m package (regardless how we get that money), then we hold out. If we don’t get it, he stays.

He’s already played his cards by saying he’ll give his all to the club he loves until the day he’s not here.
  • We won’t get a player of his value again, having just won a European trophy as captain. If we can’t maximise our returns here we never will.
  • Come on City!. I'd take 80m plus Philips.
  • We can get £80m or let his contract run out. Either way the money disappears into nowhere.

But it’s ok if we get £100m
  • Hamstew said:

Come on City!. I'd take 80m plus Philips.

I'm really unconvinced by Phillips, he's only played 2 seasons in the PL before this current season when he's barely kicked a ball. Personally I just don't rate him, and his value should surely have dropped from the £42m City paid for him last summer given the season he's just had.

I'd rather cash in full to allow us to pick the players we want rather than have cast offs foisted on us.
  • He wouldn’t be foisted on us. We’d only take him if we wanted him.
  • At least this is moving relatively quickly
    Not last few days of the window malarkey
  • Hamstew said:

Come on City!. I'd take 80m plus Philips.

I'm really unconvinced by Phillips, he's only played 2 seasons in the PL before this current season when he's barely kicked a ball. Personally I just don't rate him, and his value should surely have dropped from the £42m City paid for him last summer given the season he's just had.

I'd rather cash in full to allow us to pick the players we want rather than have cast offs foisted on us.
    Fine. I'll take £80m plus Rodri
  • Is that Rodri’s left hand or right?
  • Ravel49 said:

Is that Rodri’s left hand or right?

His right hand and a lock of Hallands glorious hair. Those are me terms!
  • The rumours are Arsenal offered £80m plus add ons if Arsenal were to win the Prem and Champions League.
    So basically Arsenal offered £80m.
  • I've just been struck by the rather ironic thought that when we won the Cup Winners Cup Bobby Moore had one year left on his contract and was thinking about moving on

Talk about history repeating itself!
  • I think 80m plus Phillips is good because I think we should be getting 100m, which would have been more if he had a longer contract to run. So at 80m plus Phillips in my view we are gambling 20m on Phillips, which I would happily do. At his best for Leeds he was as influential to them at as Rice was to us. I feel Rice has improved from then and I am concerned regard Phillips injury but he could easily be a 40-50m player if recapturing his Leeds form, so I would happily accept 80m plus Phillips.

It also would make sense for City as it stops Arsenal getting Rice and provides them a world class player, which Phillips is not and as such maybe wont ever get a run in their team, but for us he could be a very good fit.
  • Hamstew said:

The rumours are Arsenal offered £80m plus add ons if Arsenal were to win the Prem and Champions League.
    So basically Arsenal offered £80m.

If that rumour is true then Arsenal are not being serious. Stan Kroenke negotiating tactics probably.

On another note, sports teams owned by Kroenke Sports & Entertainment
    Los Angeles Rams
    Denver Nuggets
    Colorado Avalanche
    Colorado Rapids
    Colorado Mammoth
    Arsenal F.C.
    Arsenal W.F.C.
    Los Angeles Gladiators
    Los Angeles Guerrillas.

Is anyone else concerned about the influence of foreign (especially US) owners in our national game?