Declan Rice departs West Ham United

1232425262729»

Comments

• MrsGrey said:

Can't upload photo for some reason.

Must be the quality filter 😂🤣😂.

• There was a pre-match segment on Rice yesterday where Joe Cole interviewed him. Joe Cole said something to the effect of "when I left West Ham, the players I played with were great, but the step up at Chelsea was really noticeable, have you had the same thing?" and I was prepared for Rice to be all "yeah everything about Arsenal is a million times better", but he actually said something like "No, the players we had at the end of my time at West Ham were amazing. The only real difference I'm noticing is that I'm being asked to play a different role."

I know there's a bit of a consensus among some that he has been disrespectful to West Ham, somehow, but I don't see it, personally.
  • Me Neither, perfect professional. Considering we have had Payet, Arti etc to compare against I would think his conduct would have been a breath of fresh air, not just for us but football in general.

• I can’t say I’ve taken any notice of what he’s done since leaving, I did see a few MOTD highlights involving Arsenal but other than that, nothing. But he clearly does love the club & will hold fond memories. He’s going to struggle to replicate the feeling he had here & also the feeling of euphoria when we won the ECL.
  • I think the main difference is that he knows (or should realise) that he was a big fish in a small sea at West Ham, whereas at Arsenal he's more just a fish in a shoal.
  • I'm surprised, given that Man City were looking for a KDB replacement, (and assuming its Foden currently) that they haven't tried to sign Odegaard. H'es about as skilful and visionary as it gets in the prem both scoring and assisting regularly. He'd cost more than a bomb though. Maybe Pep doesnt want to upset Arteta and will continue sending him their castoffs...