Declan Rice departs West Ham United

Comments

• edited June 2023
    Sullivan has done really well by staying out of the press but whenever he opens his mouth he manages to make the worst of it. Dec worded it perfectly last night.
  • alderz said:

Saw this on SSN transfer talk , wasn’t there someone on here with this name?!?

“Bradders87
    If you ask me, it seems like Rice isnt pushing for a move and would happily stay another season, but Sullivan wants to cash in. Offer Rice the same as what the others are willing to offer and I'm sure he would be willing to see if we can win the Europa League to get Champions League.”

Bradez was a pretend ITK from twitter about 10 years ago. I think we invited him to come onto the forum to answer some questions and prove his credentials. But basically he had none, and some of us added "erz" to our user names to mock twitter ITK culture (Jorderz, Lukerz, alderz, etc).
    Was he actually Braderz, or was he Bradley and we turned it into Braderz?
    I think Rav's right and his twitter handle was Braderz
  • I’ve had a quick look on twitter but couldn’t find him
    Probably a good thing tbh
  • edited June 2023
    Ravel49 said:

I’ve had a quick look on twitter but couldn’t find him

Probably changed his name to Fabrizio Romano...

#ITKbantz
  • Ravel49 said:

I’ve had a quick look on twitter but couldn’t find him

Probably changed his name to Fabrizio Romano...

#ITKbantz
    Faberzio? ;hmm
  • How about this for an idea.
    Man City, under Guardiola, are so dominant I can't see any other team winning the PL in the near future.
    If they don't buy him, which out of the remaining "top 6" are likely to have success in Europe as a route to winning things.
    Taking into account his (presumed) preference to stay in the PL, perhaps he could be persuaded that he's just as likely to win something in Europe with us as any of those.

#verywishfulthinking
  • He’ll go to Arsenal because they are London based but they’re not going to win a load of cups in the next 5 years. He’ll get to play in the Champions League & they play nice football, probably both attractive to him, but I still feel you either go City or you try & get a move abroad to Bayern or Real if you can.
  • I think if he goes to Arsenal, they probably do start winning cups. Whether he goes to City, Bayern or Real or not, they'll be winning cups anyway.
  • Slacker said:

I thought the BT interviewer was bang out of order when she asked Dec if it was his last game.
    The boy had just had the greatest night of his football life, let him enjoy the moment with his mates.
    He was very diplomatic in his reply, if that was me I don’t think I would’ve been.

Rice was put one the spot last night and was left squirming a bit. On reflection Sullivans comments may put an end to those type of questions as Rice can now respond with 'you will know when it happens'.
  • Hamstew said:

What a time to be alive that was.

It's always nice to be alive. 😉
  • I think Braderz was someone's nephew who played for West Ham. He wouldn't reveal who his uncle was though.
  • I think Braderz was someone's nephew who played for West Ham. He wouldn't reveal who his uncle was though.

Wasn't it the other way around, Braderz had a nephew or younger relative who either played for the club in one of the age groups or was directly involved with the club somehow.
  • Chances are neither thing was true tbh
  • Or was he indeed little Jack..
  • Braderz 🤔
  • How old is little jack now ,kind of forgot about him
  • Lukerz said:

Braderz 🤔

🤔
  • Arsenal will step up their £92m pursuit of Declan Rice in the hope the West Ham and England midfielder, 24, can join in time for the start of pre-season. (Telegraph - subscription required)

Chelsea could also try to sign Rice along with Brighton and Ecuador midfielder Moises Caicedo, 21. (90min)
  • 10 more years, 10 more years Declan Riiiiccceee….

Was anyone at the parade? He keeps giving me a painful amount of hope
  • Me.

I didn't stay for the stuff at the Town Hall though...
  • It went on a while and for a while at the end it was just Rice and Emerson (you’d think he hadn’t won anything before).

Rice joined in the songs for him to stay but also looked like he was in pain because he knew he’s going.
  • ...Emerson (you’d think he hadn’t won anything before).

He wins ( trophies). It's what he does 😅
  • I scooted home because I've got an early start tomorrow, but I'm still up, having spent ages scrolling through the web reading all things West Ham. 😂

I must say, if you read all the rice interviews in one go, there's definitely grounds for hope.

But like my dreams...
  • They fade and Dyer?
  • MrsGrey said:

...Emerson (you’d think he hadn’t won anything before).

He wins ( trophies). It's what he does 😅
    First player to win all three current UEFA club competitions
  • edited June 2023
    And the Euros. ( Not a club competition, obvs)
  • edited June 2023
    Sullivan didn’t need to phrase it how he did, saying ‘you can’t keep a player who wants to go’. Dec isn’t going to sign a new contract (his right) & would probably be happy to play out the final 2 years & leave on a free. It’s not a bad position to be in. He’s currently playing for a club who is in Europe next year & has just won European silverware.

Understandably, the club will want to make money on him. They do have a choice, though. They could do what Palace have done with Zaha & just let him go for free in 2 years, making nothing on him. I expect we’ll see him leave for between £90m-£110m with some sort of additional payments included.

One thing is for sure, Dec is in a fabulous position. England regular, West Ham captain, worst case scenario he has European football next season & has just won a major tournament. Best case scenario he could be playing for a Champions League club.

Rice will also know, deep down, this is possibly a peak moment for West Ham, & he will want more of these experiences.
  • edited June 2023
    MrsGrey said:

And the Euros. ( Not a club competition, obvs)

And the Super Cup.

He's won everything UEFA can throw at him.🥳
  • He may want more of those experiences but very few English clubs win a European trophy and he has plus being captain he got to raise it. He may well play champions league football but it may amount to only a few group games.
    I bet winning on Wednesday and the reaction is causing him to ponder.
  • I think he just wants trophies, not exclusively European trophies.

If he sees out his West Ham contract, or indeed signs a new one, he'll probably still end up only winning one trophy. We're not going to win the league, and the domestic trophies have become a monopoly of the big boys again, too. Weirdly, the EL will in all likelihood be our best chance of silverware next season.

If he goes to Bayern, he'll win domestic trophies and will play CL football every season. Same if he goes to City. I can see the logic of him wanting those moves because they're the best teams in their counties and two of the best teams in Europe where he'll be competing against the best for the duration of his contract.

It's the Arsenal move that I don't quite get. Yes, they've had a resurgence and have CL football next season, but they don't have the same level of guarantees that he'd get elsewhere. As I've said previously, with Newcastle's new money and Chelsea and Liverpool potentially back on it, Arsenal could quite easily finish outside of the top four next season. They're a step up from us - certainly in the short- to medium term - but I'm not sure they're the biggest step he could make. There's actually a possible scenario where West Ham finish in the CL next season and Arsenal don't.

But wherever he goes he won't have the same relationship with the fans as he does at West Ham. He won't be as adored and quite possibly won't be as happy.