LIVERPOOL (A) WED OCT 19TH

Comments

• A front 3 of Scammaca Antonio and Benrahma is terrifying for any opposition!

I think Benny would’ve caused TAA trouble for 90 mins had he started.

Yep. I think Ham said it; we lost this game before we even kicked off. Should have been Benrahma or even Antonio instead of Fornals.
  • I just wish we started with this front 3. It’s blindly obvious it’s our strongest front 3. Yes it’s very attacking but it also scares teams and pushes them back. I think Liverpool’s backlinks is very frail, especially if you can find a way around VVD
  • Proud of them for that half.
  • Classic us. Always glorious failure. Wish we’d just get a result. Losing is losing.
  • I think Benrahma has to be ahead of Fornals for Bournemouth.
  • Proved to be an expensive penalty miss
  • That penalty miss was costly as it turned out.
  • A front 3 of Scammaca Antonio and Benrahma is terrifying for any opposition!

I think Benny would’ve caused TAA trouble for 90 mins had he started.

Yep. I think Ham said it; we lost this game before we even kicked off. Should have been Benrahma or even Antonio instead of Fornals.
    We do it all the time against these teams.
  • Quite predictable

Pretty much par for the course with Moyes, the 2nd half showed what EVERYONE knows in that this Liverpool team are vulnerable....but he got it completely wrong as he always does and that's why he failed at United, always thinking too small

All I hope for is not to see Fornals on the LW or Soucek starting over downes, he's just not even worth playing atm he offers nothing if he's not scoring at set pieces

Onto more winnable games against teams Moyes thinks we can beat
  • Antonio showing how to press.
    And why on earth did Moyes take Downes off & leave Soucek on?

Because we're losing and Soucek offers more of a goal threat.
    I'll have to take your word for it =)
  • Sorry guys, hope who does the next match thread has a long run at it
  • I just wish we started with this front 3. It’s blindly obvious it’s our strongest front 3. Yes it’s very attacking but it also scares teams and pushes them back. I think Liverpool’s backlinks is very frail, especially if you can find a way around VVD

But a team will play differently if they are 1-0 compared to if it's 0-0.

So you might say the match played out in a certain way after the subs, but the subs weren't the only difference.
  • Very poor first half, much,much better second though.
    A bit unlucky not to nick a point overall.
    Declan was superb.
  • I think Benrahma has to be ahead of Fornals for Bournemouth.

No excuses not to considering we shouldn’t need to line up so defensively against Bournemouth
  • Onto more winnable games against teams Moyes thinks we can beat

WHU, Wouldn't bet on it as we are at Old Trafford for our next away game!
  • Should not have lost this game. Had plenty of chances and Scamecca was better when Antonio joined him but seemed nervous. Why started with a too defensive set-up and thereafter were always chasing the game. Ought to start the next game with Scamecca Bowen, Antonio and Benrahma.
  • edited October 2022
    Hamstew said:

Proud of them for that half.

But a game is 90-95 minutes. We have to learn to do it for a whole game.

Fed up of being the plucky losers. We went at them in the second half and should have got at least a point really. Whether it's Moyes or the players, we need to be braver. Never going to be regular top 7 contenders if we never learn to take these teams on away from home.
  • edited October 2022
    This was winnable if only Moyes had been braver with his selection.
  • edited October 2022
    You gotta feel for Benrahma, he's consistently looked better than Fornals for a good while now, and, although I think he should do better with the opportunities he has, at least he gets in positions to have attempts/provide assists.

Unfortunately Fornals hasn't been the player he was originally for at least the last year or so; although I'm not saying players shouldn't have families or be involved in helping with their children, but for him to accept his huge wage and then come out and admit that his family obligations are affecting his play is wrong imo.

Pay a nanny, get your sleep, and enjoy family time when you get back from training at (what?) 2pm. He works hard, but he's been off his game too long imo, all whilst claiming a wage and knowing he's playing poorly whilst refusing to do anything about it.
  • edited October 2022

Hamstew said:

Fed up of being the plucky losers. We went at them in the second half and should have got at least a point really. Whether it's Moyes or the players, we need to be braver. Never going to be regular top 7 contenders if we never learn to take these teams on away from home.
    I agree but I still think we played well second half weather im fed up or not.
  • Disappointed is my feeling, not proud. We should have beat Saints & should have had a point today. Get a bit tired of these narrow losses where we come away feeling what could have been.
  • edited October 2022
    Whu Champo said predictable

Pretty much par for the course with Moyes, the 2nd half showed what EVERYONE knows in that this Liverpool team are vulnerable....but he got it completely wrong as he always does and that's why he failed at United, always thinking too small

100% this.
  • Soucek and Fornals cant start games atm. Kehrer is a better right back and Johnson is just a handy squad player imo.
  • Yeah we need to get Kehrer out of CB where he is a vulnerable. Need Aguerd fit & go with a back four of Kehrer - Zouma - Aguerd - Cresswell.
  • We definitely played better, and won the second half. But you get no points for that.

It's frustration more than anything. We've proved we can compete with these teams over the last few seasons, but we never seem to believe it when we play away.

Personally I think it's Moyes holding us back a bit in these games. Overly cautious and seems to have a mental block at the big six.
  • Dawson is key defensively, btw. I know he’s not the long term future, but he’s our best defensive CB, and we look miles better with in the side, IMO.
  • You gotta feel for Benrahma, he's consistently looked better than Fornals for a good while now, and, although I think he should do better with the opportunities he has, at least he gets in positions to have attempts/provide assists.

Unfortunately Fornals hasn't been the player he was originally for at least the last year or so; although I'm not saying players shouldn't have families or be involved in helping with their children, but for him to accept his huge wage and then come out and admit that his family obligations are affecting his play is wrong imo.

Pay a nanny, get your sleep, and enjoy family time when you get back from training at (what?) 2pm. He works hard, but he's been off his game too long imo, all whilst claiming a wage and knowing he's playing poorly whilst refusing to do anything about it.

Benny takes risks which is what I like. He might sometimes lose the ball but he also beats his full back and makes things happen. Fornals also loses the ball a lot but doesn’t make so much happen. Even Paqueta loses the ball when trying to make things happen but Moyes doesn’t have the same pessimistic attitude towards him that he does towards Benny. I salute Benny for not seeming to let Moyes’ judgement of him get to him.
  • Hamstew said:

Have you considered that if we are more attacking from the off against elite teams we would possibly be 3 or 4 down by half time?

• need to start getting points on the board again, feels like we are just being dragged into this little relegation pot at the bottom.
  • Don't find anything proud about being awful for 45 minutes then turn up when losing and have an "ok" 2nd half

Moyes will still start Soucek at the weekend and we will be there 90 minutes later saying that Soucek shouldn't be starting