LIVERPOOL (A) WED OCT 19TH

First of all thanks to Declan`s wonder hit .Still doing this match thread thing .4 wins and a draw is pretty good. Enough i think to end this interim job and give it to me full time .How about a 3 year deal ,No okay lets just keep this going .A trip to Liverpool is never easy but there not the team of the last few years .So lets stay positive get Zouma and Dawson back and go and give it a go

Comments

• I say we give Steve the gig until the end of the season
  • I’m not against it, yknow
  • Let's agree it before the game because he'll be off them by Thursday morning otherwise.

The PL and Sky currently have 5 of their 6 in the top six, and a win for Liverpool potentially makes it a full house so irrespective of how well we may play, or how badly Liverpool may play, I suspect we'll lose.
  • @steve, What set of results are you promising to give us if we vote you in for the rest of the season? =)
  • God would love to win this

But we won't be getting anything at Anfield with the Top 6 agenda
  • No hope for this one imo. I know we have won the odd game against the big six before but I'm never confident playing any of them. I think Moyes historically sets up showing them too much respect even when they're out of form.
    Lack of CB options isn't going to help.
    Keeping everything crossed.
  • The only game I dont want to see Klopp fist pumping the Kop end. OK, there I said it ;)
  • edited October 2022
    Hamstew said:

No hope for this one imo. I know we have won the odd game against the big six before but I'm never confident playing any of them. I think Moyes historically sets up showing them too much respect even when they're out of form.
    Lack of CB options isn't going to help.
    Keeping everything crossed.

I just want us to go at them. Seems futile setting up defensively and hoping to catch them on the break because we're not as good on the counter as we used to be.

I think we will probably have one of Dawson and Zouma back, but I don't think it'll make a huge amount of difference; neither are great against pace and movement and that's what Liverpool seem to have in abundance.

So let's try to go toe-to-toe with them. I'd love to see Scamacca and Antonio up front as a two, and with four days between this one and Bournemouth we can probably afford to play them both. Or maybe Antonio coming in off the left in a three with Scamacca and Bowen:

Fab
    Johnson Zouma Kehrer Emerson
    Rice Paqueta Soucek
    Bowen Scamacca Antonio

• Our record indicates we’ll give them a game, so I wouldn’t say no hope. Our last few results against them…

3-2 win
    1-0 loss
    2-1 loss
    3-1 loss
    3-2 loss

We always give them a game. I expect Moyes to go defensive & we set up to play on the break.

Fabianski
    Kehrer - Dawson/Zouma - Cresswell
    Johnson - Soucek - Rice - Emerson
    Bowen - Scamacca - Paqueta
  • Steve can stay but if we see any sign of Steve-enomics, he'll have to go.
  • Not exactly a ringing endorsement,I do have other offers on the table ,One roumour is Baz wants me to do the Liverpool match thread =)
  • looking deep in the barrel for positives Jota is probably out injured.
  • Fabianski, Kehrer, Rice, Bowen and Scamacca are all playing well. Zouma and Dawson likely to be fit.
    Klopp banned. Liverpool favourites.

There's a few for you.
  • I think we could give Steve the job until the end of the season, if he starts losing a few games we can just sack him, like any PL club would do.
  • I think we could give Steve the job until the end of the season, if he starts losing a few games we can just sack him, like any PL club would do.

So he loses a game and we sack him, that's pretty much what we've always done isn't it? 🤔🤔🤔😂🤣😂
  • This is a no mercy forum.
  • Charming =)
  • Has he taken us as far as he can?
    Has he lost the dressing room?
  • @Slacker, It's quite simple as with a pool table in a pub winner stays on so if we keep winning he can continue. =)
  • Slacker ,just my opinion but i dont think Moyes has lost the dressing room =)
  • IronHerb said:

Klopp banned

Klopp might not be banned for this one, the FA have to decide on the appropriate punishment after they read the referee's report and they might not announce their decision until next week.

One positive is that Liverpool have to play 3 games in 7 days, after us they've got the 12:30 kick off on Saturday against Forest so Klopp might rotate a few players
  • He'll likely play his U21's against Forest.
  • IronHerb said:

He'll likely play his U21's against Forest.

His u12s could probably do a job against Forest tbh.
  • steve said:

Not exactly a ringing endorsement,I do have other offers on the table ,One roumour is Baz wants me to do the Liverpool match thread =)

Ahhr ay, ahhr ay, calm down! Jurgen a keep the threads, Jurgen a keep the threads! :)
  • IronHerb said:

Klopp banned

One positive is that Liverpool have to play 3 games in 7 days, after us they've got the 12:30 kick off on Saturday against Forest so Klopp might rotate a few players
    Klopp rant incoming about 2. 30 on Saturday.

• Moyes says Zouma has done a little bit of training this week but other than that same squad. Dawson & Cornet not available. Aguerd should feature before World Cup.
  • Moyes said he's "not sure" about Dawson but it doesn't sound promising

If playing Johnson - Kehrer - Cresswell in a back three couldn't stop Saints scoring then it's not going to be any better against Liverpool!
  • edited October 2022

Moyes said he's "not sure" about Dawson but it doesn't sound promising

If playing Johnson - Kehrer - Cresswell in a back three couldn't stop Saints scoring then it's not going to be any better against Liverpool!

Although the Saints did get a little assistance from ref Bankes….
  • Moyes said he's "not sure" about Dawson but it doesn't sound promising

Although the Saints did get a little assistance from ref Bankes….
    Yeah but Liverpool get more than a little assistance from a lot of refs, so, given what Peter Bankes did, we'll probably see Stuart Attwell nodding a cross in at the back post.
  • Atwell has improved a lot over the last season or so, IMO of course… Bankes is mediocre personified….
    Hope Atwell simply goes unnoticed, but Anfield is not the easiest place to referee