LIVERPOOL (A) WED OCT 19TH

Comments

• A save our Steve half this
  • It’s also pretty disappointing that everyone in the world can see that Liverpool’s main weakness is that right hand side - Trent can’t defend and Salah won’t track back. So we’ve gone with almost no threat at least wing. Surely you put Benrahma or even Antonio on the left to run at them.
  • alderz said:

It’s also pretty disappointing that everyone in the world can see that Liverpool’s main weakness is that right hand side - Trent can’t defend and Salah won’t track back. So we’ve gone with almost no threat at least wing. Surely you put Benrahma or even Antonio on the left to run at them.

Mate, it's incredible. One of the worst RBs in the league and we do nothing to capitalise on it.
  • It’s interesting that Downes seems to play the most advanced in the three. I don’t think it’s what many thought his role would be when playing with the other two.
  • If Benrahma had dished up what Fornals has so far in this game he’d have been subbed before kick off
  • Johnson and Fornals are really struggling. Both absolutely dreadful tonight.

We need a spark.
  • edited October 2022
    It's almost as if we're a 4-2-2-2 this half (Rice and Soucek deeper than Downes and Fornals).

Fornals has been poor today. He's been included for his workrate, but his distribution has been very poor imo.
  • Liverpool making three changes.

Moyes busy watching Fornals misplace another pass.
  • The game plan looks like “be in it after 60, then go for it”. And if that’s the case, it’s worked.

Benny coming on.
  • alderz said:

The game plan looks like “be in it after 60, then go for it”. And if that’s the case, it’s worked.

Benny coming on.

Excited to hear there might be a plan.
  • Benrahma on for Fornals
  • Commentators saying how annoyed Fornals seems to be coming off. I’d say he should feel lucky to have lasted so long.
  • Very poor by Kehrer, shoulda been 2.
  • Kehrer caught on the ball, but Carvalho (I think) was all over him tugging him back
  • The sad truth is that Declan Rice is far too good for us. We knew it already, but it's so evident tonight.
  • Very poor by Kehrer, shoulda been 2.

Cresswell covered really well. If Kehrer’s going to step out then he has to do it with confidence, not dawdle.
  • Can't imagine there are many of our boys up there, but they're in good voice 👏👏👏
  • There’s 3000 of them. Sold all our allocation.
  • I really hope Antonio comes on to play with Scamacca and not instead of.
  • Antonio getting ready.

Fairly sure it'll be for Scamacca.
  • alderz said:

I really hope Antonio comes on to play with Scamacca and not instead of.

Can't see it happening tbh.
  • Although commentators saying it might be for Downes.
  • edited October 2022
    alderz said:

But you just know it won't happen

• alderz said:

Can't see it happening tbh.
    Yes you’re right but why the devil not. What the hell have we got to lose by going for it. For God’s sake just attack them.
  • That would’ve been some take if Benrahma had managed to get hold of that cross
  • edited October 2022
    Benrahma so needs to work on his finishing; he's had 4 or 5 half decent chances in the last few games (or the bits he's played in them), and not really worked the keeper that hard with any of them.
  • That would’ve been some take if Benrahma had managed to get hold of that cross

Moyes: "He's got tae score there"
  • Johnson having a 'mare.
  • Benrahma so needs to work on his finishing; he's had 4 or 5 half decent chances in the last few games (or the bits he's played in them), and not really worked the keeper that hard with any of them.

I think that’s pretty harsh off that Rice cross. It was floated so high, it’s pretty difficult to take a shot first time and there wasn’t much space to control it
  • Plus it’s blowing a gale.