LIVERPOOL (A) WED OCT 19TH

Comments

• Oh and for the record, our shirt is hideous
  • edited October 2022
    Antonio on for Downes; reasonable with 20 mins to go.
  • Downes has done well tonight, particularly considering he was playing right midfield.
  • OMG Scamacca and Antonio actually on the same pitch, not sure about wavelength but at least they are both on
  • Not sure how Liverpool did not score there
  • So we're playing 4-2-4 now? Has this ever happened under Moyes?

Can't see it making a difference though.
  • edited October 2022

alderz said:

I really hope Antonio comes on to play with Scamacca and not instead of.

But you just know it won't happen

What do I know =)
  • Zouma hits the bar, at our end 😱😱😱
  • Why is Soucek on the pitch and Downes isn't....

Downes starts over Soucek till Soucek shows what's he's in the team to actually do
  • re: that Benrahma chance. I’m surprised the ball didn’t come down with snow on it. If he’d finished that it would have been something special, IMO
  • Scamacca’s off today. Maybe a result of being isolated for so long but now we’re in the game more he’s not using the ball very well
  • Poor effort by Scamacca, narrowish angle, but blasing it that high is never gonna score or even win anything else.
  • But why was Antonio central and Scamacca on the right? Still think it would have ended with a Scamacca shot, but from a much more favourable position.
  • alderz said:

re: that Benrahma chance. I’m surprised the ball didn’t come down with snow on it. If he’d finished that it would have been something special, IMO

It's just that he's had a good few chances in his last few games and not really worked the keeper. It's a part of his game he could improve on, because he gets in the spaces.
  • Good goalkeeping from Fab there, after a really weird touch from Cresswell
  • edited October 2022
    Poor touch by Cresswell lets Salah in, Fab off his line (amazingly for him) quick enough to smother.
  • Johnson, Fornals and Cresswell absolutely woeful tonight
  • alderz said:

Good goalkeeping from Fab there, after a really weird touch from Cresswell

We've probably been the better team in the second half, but we keep letting ourselves down by doing really stupid things. Shooting when we should pass, passing when we should shoot, taking heavy touches. So frustrating.
  • edited October 2022
    How did Soucek miss?????

Edit: cos he let Milner get a block
  • That’s incredible from Milner, tbf
  • I have no idea why they took Thiago off
  • HOW?!

We're such a suicidal team.
  • Antonio showing how to press.
    And why on earth did Moyes take Downes off & leave Soucek on?
  • edited October 2022
    A front 3 of Scammaca Antonio and Benrahma is terrifying for any opposition!

I think Benny would’ve caused TAA trouble for 90 mins had he started.
  • Antonio showing how to press.
    And why on earth did Moyes take Downes off & leave Soucek on?

Because we're losing and Soucek offers more of a goal threat.
  • absolute toe poking. just put your foot through it
  • Why didn't we start the game like this? Just so maddening.
  • Seeing how we’ve played this half, it makes our caginess in the first half extra disappointing. We’re capable of going toe to toe with the big teams, we just actually have to do it.
  • Scammaca. eurgh