LIVERPOOL (A) WED OCT 19TH

Comments

• Gomez doesn’t get any ball there. Surely a pen?

At Anfield? Nah.
  • edited October 2022
    We’ve had no attempts at all and they’ve had 9. If they change into their shooting boots at half time we are in big trouble.
  • Ally McCoist should be on all VAR calls.
  • McCoist says penalty.

Over to you, VAR...
  • WOW! VAR gives a penalty against Liverpool.
  • Wow. Surprised.

Please make it count.
  • another missed pen
  • We’re always on a hiding to nothing in games against the “big boys” so I just don’t understand why we persist in giving them so much respect. Might as well just go for it and get hung for a sheep as a lamb and at least give them something to think about by attacking and harrying them. We never seem to take this approach and it drives me crazy.
  • Scamacca next for pens?
  • edited October 2022
    Pathetic. Why isn’t Scamacca taking them.
  • Literally didn't even celebrate when we won the pen
  • We can't afford to squander those opportunities.
  • Fed up with hearing our players saying how we are improving and how confident we are and going into each game intending to win and then not turning up. We are going back to how we were three years ago.
  • Scamacca next for pens?

Julian Dicks foot through the ball. How many have we missed by trying to pass it into the net? Fed up of it.

Also, Van Dijk churning up the penalty spot. Such a grubby side.
  • Literally didn't even celebrate when we won the pen

Me neither. A real sense of inevitability with that miss.
  • And I thought Steve was good at match threads
  • Yeah, Johnson's defending for the goal was plain awful. I mean, that's basic. Get tight and force him out wide or to pass back.
  • edited October 2022
    Such a shame, Bowen looked good on his last penalty, way better than Rice has looked, but a very poor effort there.

Johnson's confidence seems shot this evening, I didn't think he was great on Sunday, but he doesn't look very good at all tonight so far.

And yes, as OCS says, looked poor by VVD, not a good look for football, could say typical Liverpool though, his manager must be so proud: entitled cheats, nothing less.
  • Winds me up when you’ve got pundits at half time saying van Dijk scuffing the spot is “part of the game”. I just don’t understand why some cheating is ok and some isn’t. (Not that I think that will have made much / any difference, I jus don’t see why they can’t admit that it’s not ok)
  • alderz said:

Winds me up when you’ve got pundits at half time saying van Dijk scuffing the spot is “part of the game”. I just don’t understand why some cheating is ok and some isn’t. (Not that I think that will have made much / any difference, I jus don’t see why they can’t admit that it’s not ok)

Silly boy, it's not cheating if you're a Sky 6.
  • I don’t think we’ve been awful but we’re better before the goal. Defending deep is allowing Thiago complete freedom though and we have to stop that. We’re letting one of the best passers in the league to do what he wants.

We need someone closer to Scamacca as well.

We can still get into the game but Moyes has to tweak some things.
  • Can’t blame the penalty spot for that no matter how scuffed. Put your foot through it and provided it’s accurate enough the pace and power would do the rest. From his set up everyone could see where he was putting it so a soft kick is asking to be saved.
  • alderz said:

Winds me up when you’ve got pundits at half time saying van Dijk scuffing the spot is “part of the game”. I just don’t understand why some cheating is ok and some isn’t. (Not that I think that will have made much / any difference, I jus don’t see why they can’t admit that it’s not ok)

Yeah, that's made me angrier than it probably should. It's cheating. Simply that. But they have a good laugh about it in the studio.

If that was an Italian player in the Euro final would they have been laughing then?
  • Never over untill its over ,Already working on the Bournmouth thread =)
  • steve said:

Never over untill its over ,Already working on the Bournmouth thread =)

COYS

(The s stands for Steve)
  • Steve out!
  • No changes.

If Benrahma pulled that Fornals display, he'd have been yanked, I reckon.

Ah well, here we go again.