LIVERPOOL (A) WED OCT 19TH

Comments

• Klopp will be having a go at the fourth official whilst several Liverpool players surround the referee before someone kindly points out to them the game hasn’t actually started yet. 😉 To be fair there are a few managers/teams you can call out for doing it but we are at Anfield next.
  • edited October 2022
    I think we have the potential to cause them issues tomorrow with their high line. I think a lot depends on whether we have Zouma available. I think the back 3 that played Sunday is going to struggle against their forward players. I’m hoping for…

Fabianski
    Johnson - Zouma - Kehrer - Cresswell
    Soucek - Rice
    Bowen - Paqueta - Fornals
    Scamacca

He could easily swap Emerson for Fornals to give us a LWB option should we want to switch formation in game.

If Zouma isn’t fit then Coufal comes in & we go to the back 5 from Sunday. Ogbonna seems unable to start league games which is a shame as going to Anfield with a makeshift defence of Kehrer - Zouma - Ogbonna - Cresswell isn’t bad at all.
  • Think Moyes may go with Antonio instead of scamacca .
  • I could see him playing both & giving Bowen a breather for this.
  • Scamacca definitely starts ahead of Antonio for me, and I can't see Bowen being rested when he's just come into good form.
  • We need a forward who can make the ball stick in this game but we could possibly consider Antonio from the wing or as a two?
  • I think playing Antonio with Scamacca is way more attacking than Moyes is going to play; we've not been playing them together this season anyway, and Moyes does tend to adopt a fairly negative approach to the bigger teams so I just don't see it happening.
  • edited October 2022
    Nice to see Aguerd in the training photos yesterday ahead of the visit to Anfield; he's not ready yet by the sounds of it, but obviously making progress especially as Moyes says he should be available before the World Cup (hopefully his recovery is respected by his country there). He'll be like a new signing, oh, wait.......

https://www.whufc.com/news/pictures-west-ham-prepare-trip-liverpool

• No Paqueta tonight.

Fab
    Johnson Zouma Kehrer Cresswell
    Rice Downes Soucek
    Bowen Scamacca Fornals

Or (more likely)

Fab
    Kehrer Zouma Cresswell
    Johnson Rice Downes Soucek Fornals
    Bowen Scamacca
  • edited October 2022
    I think it will be the 4-3-3, at least initially, although probably with Soucek primarily on the right and Rice on the left of the middle 3. Will be interesting to see how it works.
  • Hamstew said:

Loss

And Nunez is going to score.
  • edited October 2022
    From what Moyes has said Paqueta could be out for a while.
  • I hope not Thorn, but I haven't heard what Moyes has said.
  • He's got an injury and at the moment I'm not sure exactly how long it's going to keep him out," said Moyes. "It's a big blow for us as he's been a huge player for us and was just beginning to come into form and give us different type of dynamic in the team."
  • Ex says 2 weeks
  • He's got an injury and at the moment I'm not sure exactly how long it's going to keep him out," said Moyes. "It's a big blow for us as he's been a huge player for us and was just beginning to come into form and give us different type of dynamic in the team."

Great news 😭😭😭
  • Perhaps not too bad then
  • Laura Woods on Amazon have just said he has a serious shoulder injury?

Are Amazon selling football players now?
  • That’s 4 or 5 games.
  • nychammer, No she is presenting for Amazon Prime's coverage of the game?
  • Players get injured during a season, just have to get on with it
  • Never really expect much from this game, I’d definitely take a point now.
  • Just want a good showing today. Be competitive, create a couple of chances. Not expecting much result wise.
  • Omg. Who is this doing the Comms?
  • Get a feeling Scamacca is going to be horribly isolated tonight.
  • edited October 2022
    Some Scottish Scouser, and a know-nothing witterer.

Edit, seems a different team on the in- game comms. Thank the lord.
  • Why didn't Rice hit that?

What an opening this early.

Are Amazon selling football players now?
    Just those not in their Prime.