LIVERPOOL (A) WED OCT 19TH

Comments

• Already settled into an uncomfortable pattern. Just can't get the ball.
  • Lukerz said:

Players get injured during a season, just have to get on with it

Or get covid. Think we’ve had an outbreak and they just don’t say it anymore.
  • Soucek giving the ball away 😡.
    Why don't we just shoot in front of goal?
  • Already settled into an uncomfortable pattern. Just can't get the ball.

And when we do we can't hang on to it for more than 3 passes.
  • Free kick out wide. Practically a corner...
  • Unsurprisingly wasted.
  • Great save by Fab. Liverpool corner.

Rice is having another really good game.
  • Bowen’s being really positive.
  • Not sure how many more fouls Thiago has to commit before he's booked.
  • defenders beaten in the air
  • So very predictable. His first Anfield goal.
  • Disappointing from Johnson, should’ve got closer to the crosser. And we’d been decent until then.
  • edited October 2022
    Shocking defending. Ben Johnson needs to get much tighter and fight tooth and nail to get a block in there. His anticipation was off, expecting Tsimikas to go down the line but all he did was say “go on, take your time and line up your cross”!!
  • Moyes will never learn

Set up defensive you get what you're asking for

Every team who have troubled Liverpool have been positive
  • Kehrer not having a great game
  • edited October 2022
    This could be a long hard night. Nunez got the run on Kehrer but I don’t think he expected Johnson to stand off and invite the cross.
  • Moyes always does go negative against the top teams, but in the past an early goal ensures we have to change his game plan and actually become a little more assertive in the game. It sometimes brings us to life.
  • I didn’t think we were that negative. Thought we were pretty positive on the ball? Maybe could’ve had more players forward.

I like the intensity Downes is playing with at times.
  • Really struggling to see what the plan is here. Fornals seem to be doing absolutely nothing. Benrahma has to come on in the second half to at least run at them because we're not threatening at all.
  • I don’t remember Johnson ever making this many mistakes.
  • Looks like Downes is playing RM.
  • This is like a training session for them at the moment. So comfortable. I don't expect to win, but we're not even giving them a game so far.
  • Unpopular opinion: Kehrer is neat and tidy on the ball but I don’t rate him as a defender. Gets beaten far too easily by his attacker. As a defender his primary objective is to prevent the attacker from getting past him or shots on goal… all of the pretty stuff on the ball comes second. He’s definitely good to have in the squad and his versatility is useful but imo if all our centre backs are fully fit and on their game, he’s our 4th best defender when it comes to defending. I’m not just saying that because we’re losing right now either.
  • Lukerz said:

Looks like Downes is playing RM.

I was thinking that at times. I think we need to use him as the extra man to stop Thiago playing. Defending deep is allowing Thiago to just pick it up and ping it around freely
  • Game was lost before it kicked off. We've got 3 attack minded players playing (one badly out of form) and the rest are defensive.
  • I hate when we play like this. Fans must really wonder how we’re in the PL.
  • These first half stats are going to be horrific viewing. We're very lucky it's still only one.
  • Gomez doesn’t get any ball there. Surely a pen?
  • i dont think its bad as people are making it out to be its just no one is picking up second balls its literally all falling to Liverpool and our players seem to be 3 seconds behind mentally on reacting.