Transfer Deadline Day: It's weird because it's October

Comments

• Ex says Tomori wants to stay at Chelsea
  • I want him to stay at Chelsea too, I saw him have a couple of mares at derby county on loan
  • I suspect things are about to get nasty
  • edited October 2020
    Why would a player choose to stay at Chelsea where he will get no games? Odd.

Anyway, still time for a Championship player or two.
  • edited October 2020
    Lukerz said:

Anyway, still time for a Championship player or two.

I know this is true, but I can't believe the squad we've been left with atm. Only 20 senior players if Sky Sports is to be believed (although Rice is still classed as an u21 as far as I can tell).
  • I am looking forwards to the we tried but could not get it over the line quotes tomorrow. We could have written that this morning, lets see what gems we can get from the championship now. Rice staying however is huge.
  • And loftus cheek goes to Fulham who have also signed anderson from Lyon (c/b)
  • I thought it was agreed that we didn't want to sign any more sick notes.
  • How have we managed to make ourselves weaker in a three month transfer window? It's absolutely jaw-dropping. We're now hopelessly short of cover in midfield and up front, and still need a CB and LWB cover.

11 days to remedy this, otherwise I can see Sullivan's mansion getting torched.
  • So it’s on the bbc that tomori snubbed us. Would rather not play at Chelsea than have anything to do with us and our grubby owners. The likes of Villa and Fulham are a bigger draw than us

Embarrassing
  • One in, three out.
    Quality👊
  • So, we've lost 6 players this window, and brought in 1, is that right? Diangana, Ajeti, Hugill, Cullen, Silva and Wilshere gone, and just Coufal in?
  • When we hit November and we see 3 players go on long term injuries we can revisit this window ^
  • The only hope we have is to stay injury free! there is no doubt our first eleven is good enough to finish top half of the table but one or two key injuries and we are bottom four or five and back to where we were last season in fight to stay up.
  • You forget sanchez, ngakia and zaba are no longer here

And I suppose you would technically add Roberto to the list

And anderson may yet be off
  • -9 think of the wages we have saved yet we will still report a loss in the accounts no doubt
  • 10 out -

Haksabanovic
    Ngakia
    Zabaletta
    Sanchez
    Ajeti
    Hugill
    Roberto
    Diangana
    Cullen
    Wilshere

2 in -

Soucek ??
    Coufal

So that's -8 or -9
  • You forget sanchez, ngakia and zaba are no longer here

And I suppose you would technically add Roberto to the list

And anderson may yet be off

Anderson is going. The Portuguese window is still open so his loan to Porto will be completed tomorrow.
  • Soucek doesn't count for me; he was a January signing
  • Soucek was with us already so lets go -8.5 :)
  • The board will say well it is a transfer window and they have erm transferred 😂😂
  • Does ossama ashley count as one in the plus column?
  • at least the youth will get a chance as they will have to
  • I'm not too disappointed about any of those leaving the club except Diangana, but we're just sooooo short on numbers it's not true. It's hard to believe how little cover we've got.
  • Soucek was with us already so lets go -8.5 :)

Dawson makes it -7.5
  • -8 for a club that almost got relegated - have you ever seen anything quite like it?
  • at least the youth will get a chance as they will have to

Isn’t this what most of us actually want?

Still too much wasted expenditure we haven’t managed to shift, the wages Bill is still far too high (largely to the wrong people). Paying off Wilshire hasn’t saved money, just removed him from the rosta.

Let’s see if anything materialises over the additional window ...

• edited October 2020
    Anderson has a few days for the loan to be agreed and adding Dawson will show how bad the Dave's are , reminds me of signing Paul Hilton after we beat Bury (i think) 10-0
  • Have we even got a full 25 man squad anymore ?
This discussion has been closed.