Transfer Deadline Day: It's weird because it's October

Comments

• We have to get a CB or LWB/LB in. We have 5 senior players (Diop, Balbuena, Ogbonna, Cresswell and Masuaku) covering 4 places. It's madness not to get more cover in. One injury or suspension and we've no senior matchday cover.

How is Moyes not insisting on someone?
  • Remember, we can still sign players from the Championship until mid October.
  • Lukerz said:

Remember, we can still sign players from the Championship until mid October.

Indeed, but we've had since July to get someone in in these positions, and have yet to do so.
  • edited October 2020
    Good news, Walcott is supposed to be in Southampton for a medical

Talksport reckons Porto have made a season long loan offer for Anderson with an option to buy at the end.
  • Ha I’ve only just watched the US office

And my word

🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻

When Dwight goes to that house party and is hanging off the banisters 😂 😂

I love the US Office so much. The first series is terrible because Americans can’t do British humour and when they try its horrible, but after that it gets so good cos they do their own thing
  • I'm on my second time round. I watched the first episode when it was launched and hated it, so never gave it a chance. When I was up for most of the night with my boy I watched it through over the months and it got so much better.
  • Ha I’ve only just watched the US office

And my word

🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻

When Dwight goes to that house party and is hanging off the banisters 😂 😂

Mate, I watched that one only the other night 😂 Perfectly placed in the background. Absolutely brilliant.
  • Yep I watched some of the first series and thought it was the worst thing I've ever seen.
  • Hamstew said:

Yep I watched some of the first series and thought it was the worst thing I've ever seen.

You are correct. Just skip series one and treat them as different things.

(If this chat continues I’ll move all the comments to a separate chat)
  • Lukerz said:

Remember, we can still sign players from the Championship until mid October.

Yep, and leaving it til then means we miss out on potential targets.

Like Swansea's Rodon, who is close to joining Spurs for £18m. We were interested, apparently, but Sullivan felt he was 18 months away from being a PL player.
  • alderz said:

Hamstew said:

Yep I watched some of the first series and thought it was the worst thing I've ever seen.

You are correct. Just skip series one and treat them as different things.

(If this chat continues I’ll move all the comments to a separate chat)
    Could do it anyway? Could do with a nice distraction from this window.
  • edited October 2020
    Was very late to the UK office and thought it was ok

Then watched the US and thought what is this, there literally copying the same set up

But

It gets sooooo much better 👌🏻
  • I remember when people moaned that the only thing we had to talk about was other clubs transfers. Now we’re talking about The Office
  • Felipe Anderson going on loan to Porto
  • Ok truth be told I don’t know how to do that on my phone. I will do it when I get to a computer / not at all
  • More action in that than in a West Ham transfer window
  • Was more exciting watching bennys turning circle 😂😂
  • So we are just getting rid of players left and right and no one to come in....
  • Twitter saying we could get Tomori on loan

Yes please yes please yes please yes please
  • Twitter saying we could get Tomori on loan

Yes please yes please yes please yes please

New name to the list four hours before the window closes.

And people say we have a scattergun approach 😄
  • TOMORI ...........

When the moon hits the sky, like a big pizza pie, that's Tomori

Coat please =)
  • Not overly bothered by this don’t think he’s better than what we already have but it’s late on the day we will take anything syndrome
  • Anyone know where Rice is,Just asking ............And dont say the kitchen
  • steve said:

Anyone know where Rice is,Just asking ............And dont say the kitchen

With the England squad
  • edited October 2020
    Cuz1 said:

Not overly bothered by this don’t think he’s better than what we already have but it’s late on the day we will take anything syndrome

Be careful what u wish 4!!! Benni is always available for a Big Mac...Pay cheque...
  • edited October 2020
    Oluwafikayomi Oluwadamilola Tomori

The reason he's bucked the trend of putting player's first name on the shirt. =)
  • Everton sign Norwich defender Godfrey for fee which could reach £30m

He's from the defence that let in 75 goals last season. Hmmm. =)
  • As an aside has anyone else noticed that Jack Butland no longer starts for Stoke? Wonder what happened there? I think he was injured for a while, but even so. At some point in time I’d have quite liked him at West Ham.
  • What's up with Cullen? Has he been sold? Are we really letting him go for just $800K?
  • Some Twitter noise that we've agreed a deal with Wilshere to terminate his contract.

So we stand to lose Cullen, Anderson and Wilshere on the same day. What a great Deadline Day for Sullivan's wallet.
This discussion has been closed.