Transfer Deadline Day: It's weird because it's October

Comments

• Being reported Wilshere has contract terminated, Anderson to Porto, Snodgrass staying and we're in for Tomori. Other than that it's pretty quiet out there.
  • Tell you what maybe bennys not a bad move after all
  • When is the “jan” transfer window? Is it still in jan? Is it beyond the realms of possibility that sully’s only aim is to get (deadwood) players out only, and will just try and wing it till the second window without really bringing anyone in, seeing as we are 16% safe from relegation already?
  • Anderson to Porto is now off, according to Duncan Castles (Sunday Times).

Sullivan probably realised the fans would expect a replacement.
  • BREAKING NEWS

Jack Wilshere to have West Ham contract terminated by mutual consent.
  • who had -2 then :)
  • What a dreadful deadline day we are having 😂
  • From something Ex hinted at earlier in the day, I think we were looking to go back for Benrahma as an Anderson replacement, as he'd probably be cheaper now that no one's come in for him.
  • Makes sence to me get him off the wage bill and use that money for new signings, oh almost forgot just over 3 hours left, laugh you couldn’t make it up
  • I think it’s a good squad. Nice to not have any dead wood arrivals this year
  • If we got Tomori on loan and the Brentford lad. I think it would be decent.
  • Terminating Wilsheres contract is nothing but good news

He's never fit and when he is he isn't good enough for the league

Shame we couldn't aslo offload Anderson
  • edited October 2020
    Xande Silva gone on a season-long loan to Aris in Greece.

Back to - 3
  • Hamstew said:

If we got Tomori on loan and the Brentford lad. I think it would be decent.

Would take that. Plus Manning. And a CM. And a striker.
  • I wonder if we will have finally now learnt from the horror mistake that was Wilshire and Carroll now to stop signing INJURY PRONE PLAYERS ! hate to say i told you so with Wilshire....
  • Surely he’s not the reason Grady left ?
  • A lot of other Chelsea players consider Tomori their fastest player, so he'd be good for our system.
  • Cullen to Anderlecht now official.

This could be the worst transfer window we've ever had.
  • Cullen to Anderlecht now official.

This could be the worst transfer window we've ever had.

I mean its not over yet, lets wait till after the domestic deadline

We haven't invested enough, but apart from Diangana all the other players we've let go of have been deadwood
  • £4m to pay off Wilshire apparently
  • Can’t see that’s a problem as Cullen had been at the club 15 years so I’m sure if he was going to be PL standard it would have come out sooner.
  • Hamstew said:

£4m to pay off Wilshire apparently

Think what amazed me about Wiltshire was that he’d made 19 appearances for us didn’t think it was that many
  • Our back up CM’s

Noble and...

🤨
  • Wilshere was one of those who used the whole of a main season to get himself fit and ready for pre-season friendlies - basically the exact opposite of any normal player.
  • In fact Snodgrass and Noble.
  • Ridiculous, absolutely ridiculous.
    We can only hope we have some Championship players lined up.
  • Ex says we are still working on ‘a number of deals’
This discussion has been closed.