Transfer Deadline Day: It's weird because it's October

1303132333436»

Comments

• Lukerz said:

I would rather trust Johnson to play as a LWB.

If he shows he can’t, we can address that position in January.

Let’s trust him to be third choice striker then too.

It’s absolutely crazy to me that people are happy to have someone with less than 10 first team appearances to be the back up for a position they don’t even play.
  • edited October 2020
    Alderz - but it’s not really the same is it?

He’s a full-back, so will have understanding of being trained & developed as one. His thinking will be how to deal with wide players, how to be the widest defender at the back, when to get forward etc. His natural side is his right, yet Fornals natural side is not LM. I don’t think saying ‘let’s trust him to be a striker option’ is making a reasonable point. Antonio’s not normally a striker, Coufal’s not normally a WB, Rice was a defender, Cresswell is not a CB etc. Doesn’t mean a lot. If he can adjust to being left sided then he can fill in.

I agree another wing-back would have been ideal, but Johnson played LB against Villa last season.
  • alderz said:

Lukerz said:

It’s absolutely crazy to me that people are happy to have someone with less than 10 first team appearances to be the back up for a position they don’t even play.
    For me Johnson would be 3rd choice LWB

You may not count Cresswell there, but as a natural LB I think he could definitely play LWB....hes no Masuaku but definitely an option there with Balbuena Oggy and Diop as the 3 CBs
  • alderz said:

Lukerz said:

Would assume the 3rd choice striker is Yarma - so he could be 4th like Ian Pearce!
  • Did anyone see how much Ryan Manning went to Swansea for? ☹️
  • Did anyone see how much Ryan Manning went to Swansea for? ☹️

£250k and yet not a single Prem club went for him....pretty telling imo
  • WHU, I would like to think it was more of a case of many clubs not being aware of the bargain price he was available for, a bit like Palace going for Benrahma if they knew in advance that Brentford could have one put over them in the negotiations like we did to them. 😉
This discussion has been closed.