The Next Transfer Window

Comments

• Tbf, is Moyes not using Soucek exactly as he used fellaini

Soucek plays a bit deeper but often he is right up alongside the strikers as we send the ball in, like fellaini did at his best
  • I haven't noticed the obligatory one elbow to the oppositions head per game to be honest.
  • IronHerb said:

"He is not a Moyes player"

Welcome Marouane Fellaini. lol

Soucek is the new Fellaini
  • More of a baller imo.
  • Soucek has been a breath a fresh air , hard working , can pass the ball, get stuck in and scores goals . Quickly becoming a favourite of mine along with Bowen both are team players .I can see Soucek bossing our midfield for years to come hopefully with rice
  • edited July 2020
    Clearly Soucek & Fellaini are very different players, but the fact it took Moyes about two weeks to identify & sign a player we could have done with years ago shows promise. How often have we said ‘we need a proper CM’. Clearly Soucek is less cynical in his play on first impressions, but they are very similar in how Moyes uses them. Soucek is also that bit more mobile.
  • So what does our rebuild look like ?

Who do we bring in ? where are the gaps ?
    Who do we let go ? who can we realistically sell ?

Goalkeepers

- Fabianski - got another season in him (need to look to the future though)
    - Randolph - Adequate backup
    - Martin - Coaching set up ?
    - Roberto - Let him go for free

Central Defence

-Diop - Holding onto him would be brilliant
    -Ogbonna - Arguably our best defender this season
    -Balbuena - 1 year left ? could be worth keeping him on then again a small fee and bringing someone else younger in ?
    -Reid - times up really, letting him go on a free to save wages would make sense

Left Backs

-Cresswell - last window imo to get any sort of value out of him, think we need to strongly consider moving him on
    -Masuaku - Would move him on to as i think you could recoup a decent fee for him, still
    Overall an area that definitely needs looking at as there is a reason our left flank constantly gets targeted....

Right Backs

-Fredericks - Not my favourite but does a job and being pushed by a younger player, dont see a point in selling and replacing.
    -Johnson - Hopefully he can battle Fredericks for that spot and make it his own.
    Overall soundings of this Montiel player coming in, i don't see the point in adding another blocker for Johnson to not be given a chance.

Central Midfield

-Wilshire - just move him on....
    -Noble - I think with Soucek coming in and if we can retain Rice his role is now a rotate squad member which is where he is at now
    -Rice - Holding onto him would be brilliant
    -Soucek - Will be great to retain his services

Left Wing

- Bowen - stays
    - Diangana - becomes back up to Bowen stays

Right Wing

- Snodgrass - Keep, not going to get any value out of him now and is another experienced face to keep. adds a balance of experience and youth.
    - Yarmolenko - Worth keeping as a squad rotate player and impact sub.

Attacking Midfielders

- Lanzini - Not the same since his injury, good time to cash in before his stock really does plummet in my opinion
    - Anderson - Hard one to gauge as were not going to get much in this climate for him. This might be the "we stick with him and hope he comes good again"
    - Fornals - Got to give him another season to see if he can really kick on.

Forwards

- Haller - Not the answer we were looking for but hopefully Moyes can make him the player we need
    - Antonio - stays and new contract hopefully
    - Ajeti -hasn't worked for him at all, letting him go and recouping any sort of fee would be decent.

Definitely need:-

New LB / New Striker / New CB / New CM / Perm Soucek

Should look to add:-

New AM / New RW

If it comes up:-

New GK
  • The commentators compared Soucek to Fellaini 224354545 times on the weekend.
  • Soucek is better to watch than Felaini as I think he is a better footballer.
  • In my opinion
    Goal keeper
    Is a must
    Fab inspires not good enough
    Randy , not good enough , not again
    Martin, inspires, not god enough
    Roberto enough said
  • Ex tweeting Soucek is a done deal and will be announced once we are mathematically safe.
  • Hooray to that. I hope he fulfils his current promising form and is a long lasting addition
  • Lukerz said:

What?

What
  • Yeold

I agree with a lot of that, but Bowen is not a LW
  • West Ham have no plans to discuss a new contract with captain Mark Noble, 33, whose current deal expires in the summer of 2021. (Football Insider)
  • with wigans points deduction being next season will they sell players given the need for extra points to stay up?
  • edited July 2020

with wigans points deduction being next season will they sell players given the need for extra points to stay up?

Wigan's 12pt deduction will be at the end of this season, they need to beat Fulham and Luton or Charlton to lose or draw to stay up. They are appealing the decision.

The deduction was only going to be deferred until next season if they got relegated the normal way.

West Ham have no plans to discuss a new contract with captain Mark Noble, 33, whose current deal expires in the summer of 2021. (Football Insider)

I suspect Noble will hang up his boots after next season and hopefully be offered a coaching role
  • Daily Mail

Chelsea 'set to offer West Ham both Ross Barkley and Michy Batshuayi in sensational swap deal for Declan Rice this summer' as Frank Lampard looks to shore up defence with England star
  • edited July 2020
    Still £20m short though.
  • ASLEF, this infers otherwise?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8542283/Wigan-Sheffield-Wednesday-AVOID-relegation-Championship.html

whupathman, selling Moore to QPR for about £2 million indicates they are in need of money fast.
  • edited July 2020
    Fortune, the way I see it the article says that it will be deferred into next season if the clubs appeal the decision. But if Wigan stayed up regardless, why should the appeal?

Basically, if they win their match snd either of Charlton or Luton fail to win then my my maths they would be safe. Wednesday could save them regardless, if they don't appeal, though.
  • Daily Mail

Chelsea 'set to offer West Ham both Ross Barkley and Michy Batshuayi in sensational swap deal for Declan Rice this summer' as Frank Lampard looks to shore up defence with England star

Michy no thanks
    And no thanks
  • edited July 2020
    Munich, they (and others) might appeal if there is also a financial hit/penalty as part of the punishment as they would presumably want to get that cancelled? (Athough I just read up and I think the financial penalty is only relevant for the other 2, not Wigan.)
  • We better tell chelsea cash or no deal (obviously shouldn't be selling him at all)

Dont want underachievers like Barkley and Batshuyai
  • Regardless Wigan are already in massive financial troubles. Am quite interested to see what players we can acquire from the lower leagues. I'd rather take punts there than punts from overseas players.
  • Yeold,,,,,, then no messi or Ronaldo then =)
  • ASLEF, this infers otherwise?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8542283/Wigan-Sheffield-Wednesday-AVOID-relegation-Championship.html

whupathman, selling Moore to QPR for about £2 million indicates they are in need of money fast.

There seems to be some disagreement

"Wigan’s 12-point penalty for entering administration will be applied immediately after Wednesday’s final Sky Bet Championship game against Fulham, but is subject to appeal."

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/wigan-athletic-news-points-deduction-champtionship-efl-finances-a9629421.html

"The Championship campaign comes to a close on Wednesday, with Latics - who have a 12-point deduction for entering administration looming - requiring a victory against Fulham to give themselves a chance of surviving the drop...The answer to that is emphatically THIS SEASON, with no hope of carrying the punishment into next term."

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/football/wigan-athletics-12-point-deduction-would-apply-season-efl-2919199
  • edited July 2020

We better tell chelsea cash or no deal (obviously shouldn't be selling him at all)

Dont want underachievers like Barkley and Batshuyai

"West Ham will turn down any attempt by Chelsea to offer Michy Batshuayi and Ross Barkley as part of a deal for Declan Rice and are adamant they have no intention of selling the midfielder"

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jul/21/west-ham-rule-out-swapping-rice-for-barkley-and-batshuayi-chelsea

Also from the same article

"West Ham, who are monitoring the Queens Park Rangers forward Eberechi Eze and the Wigan defenders Antonee Robinson and Cédric Kipré, have players to sell before Rice.

There are doubts over the futures of Felipe Anderson, Fabián Balbuena, Manuel Lanzini and Andriy Yarmolenko"
  • CELTIC INTERESTED IN AJETI

Celtic have expressed an interest in signing West Ham forward Albian Ajeti, Sky Sports News understands.

Neil Lennon is very keen on the Swiss international and the club have made inquiries about his availability – for a loan or a permanent deal.

The Scottish champions face competition from a number of Premier League clubs, who are monitoring Ajeti’s situation.

The Swiss international has struggled to break into the West Ham side, following his £8million move from Basel last summer

Sky Sports News revealed he was keen to go out on loan in January, but was hamstrung by UEFA registration rules
This discussion has been closed.