The Next Transfer Window

Comments

• Lukerz said:

Imagine PRudz, Rav & Diamanti in midfield for Dortmund with Tim Sherwood as technical director.

#GilletGala

All over this
  • edited July 2020
    Speaking of PRudz; come on Luton Town today. A minimum of a point could see them survive in the Championship. Elliot Lee also plays for them & George Moncur. Plus Dan Potts.
  • Diangana just scored for WBA.
  • Diangana’s assist was special
  • Dont sell Diangana!!

Moyes obviously wants him, and he definitely fits Moyes profile

Like we cant target all championship players when Grady is arguably among the brightest and best in that league....and hes one of our own!!
  • Imo this will be the last we will see of Anderson and Lanzini.
  • One thing I like, is that I think moyes knows for certain his best XI is, given how few changes hes made

Think Fornals has claimed the left mid spot so the only question mark is if he trusts Johnson for a full season over Frederick's (think we all do, but young players can be inconsistent)

• Champo, I'm fairly sure that Noble doesn't figure in his best XI for next season.
  • He’s picked his best team based on players available.

Not sure 3/4 of that current best team will be the players he wants longer term.
  • I don’t think it’s necessarily that he’s found his best XI, but he’s found an XI that is in form and doing what it needs to. What I appreciate is that he isn’t feeling the need to tinker with something that’s working.

I honestly believe that we have a squad that is good enough for the top half of the league, IF we don’t have yet another injury crisis. We don’t have the death to handle it, and whatever signings we could make this summer won’t completely fix that.
  • Sorry I feel like I didnt make my point clear

Moyes has figured out his preferred XI from this group, so it gives us a solid base of knowing where we stand RE what the squad lacks

Fab
    Johnson - Diop - Oggy - Cresswell
    Soucek Rice Noble
    Bowen Antonio Fornals

Now that the XI above Moyes is confident in plus they've accepted his style of play, we can look at additions, for example at LB/LM

If he still didnt know his best XI or his best formation we may buy the wrong players, whereas now we know what we need
  • I read that Moyes will need to sell to buy but I assume this is the case. We have 24 players in our squad, and can only name 25. If he wants players, three or four are going to need to be sold, so he needs to identify the players that will raise the most cash that we can deal without having.
  • Lukerz said:

I read that Moyes will need to sell to buy but I assume this is the case. We have 24 players in our squad, and can only name 25. If he wants players, three or four are going to need to be sold, so he needs to identify the players that will raise the most cash that we can deal without having.

Think Anderson, Yarmolenko and Lanzini fit the bill

Probably our more valuable assets that arent currently in the first Xi picture

Also Haller, not sure we can afford to have someone we could still get £30mil plus for on the bench
  • edited July 2020
    How are we doing on our home grown quota? Lemme go and check.

Edit: Antonio, Cresswell, Fredericks, Noble, Wilshere, Bowen, David Martin = 7

Rice, obvs, but he will still be classed as U21 or next season so won't have to be named in the squad.

(note: max 17 players not HG can be named in the squad list)

Further Edit: Forgot about Diangana, so if he comes back to us, HG=9.
  • DM has got to decide which players are not in his plans and IF he sells them will their direct replacements be an improvement. Declan would raise the most money but surely we aren't going to sell him? I feel we will look to do cash deals than consider swap deals as Anderson for Lozano would make sense as both don't appear to have futures where they are.

Should be looking for a new LB, CH (Balbuena was a cheap purchase, how much would his replacement cost?), CM & Jovic on loan to play alongside Haller.
  • What is the situation with Diangana - does he now automatically return to us?
  • WHU_C_l_7_y, The Haller situation is sorted very simply just put in the starting line up and play to his strengths.
  • I still think there's a great player in Anderson but he needs to watch and learn how hard Fornals works, and he needs his swagger back.

But I think he has huge talent if Moyes can get his head sorted.
  • Is the transfer window open ?
  • Anderson is obviously very talented, but he seems to define "luxury" player

Before he joined he was a bit of a hit or miss player in Italy, having purple patches that dont long last enough that hes ever cemente his place and been akey player for a full season in a first team (only in 16/17 did he play 30 games in a league season at Lazio)

I think we could still get around £30mil for him, and tbh I think that he could end up blocking Diangana (who I'm sure wants first team football next year) as we cant have him as 3rd choice LM
  • Eze from QPR / Robinson and Kipre from Wigan sound like the names being talked about so far a lot.
  • do wonder if Eze is a target whether we use Hugill who seemed to love his time at QPR as a part ex. QPR fans seem to rate him a bit. But originally Moyes was the one to bring Hugill to West Ham so interesting to see what happens.
  • Eze wants to join Spurs but if we agree a fee and they don't then....? Kipre & Robinson fit the age credentials plus hopefully Wigan will need to accept any reasonable offers for them.
  • Also been linked to Manning at QPR

Think championship clubs will be feeling the pinch from covid as they don't have the TV money to fall back on

I like the look of Eze, but again doesnt he block Dianganas path to the first team? Think hes a left winger
    Cant say I watch too much of the championship, so hope we are going for players that are going to make the jump up to this level e.g. Bowen, Antonio and less Hugill, Frederick's (who's been ok but not enough for a PFA championship team of the year player)
  • Got to be careful with signing 4/5 Championship players. All it takes is the majority don’t hit it off & you end up with a Championship team.

One or two will be fine.
  • edited July 2020
    Rice - Soucek
    Bowen - Eze - Diangana
    Antonio

Would be where Eze would play. He is an attacking central midfielder.
  • I think Antonio’s form will give Moyes a question mark about whether he needs Haller. That could raise us £25m plus. Then you add in Lanzini & Anderson & you have a reasonable budget.
  • doubt it, Antonio usually has a lot of muscle injuries, we were very lucky he didn't get injured since the restart.
  • I think it would be a mistake to not sign a striker based just on this run of form for Antonio, let alone get rid of our only other striker, unless we're really confident about a better replacement. If he gets an injury or this just ends up being temporary form, we'll be really struggling.
This discussion has been closed.