The Next Transfer Window

Comments

• edited July 2020
    I wouldn’t say we can get better than Haller but we may get a more suitable striker.

He’s hardly hit the ground running for £45m. He is not going to want to be a striker who does not start every game.
  • Eze is more of a play off the striker type, license to roam
  • Also think the windows opens as soon as the season ends
  • Closes 4th or 5th of October
  • DM has to sit down and review who we already have within the club who could step up Cardoso for example & who needs to come in to replace existing members of the first team set up. A few of players we have been linked with are going to expect to be starters & although they can't demand it being the case may well choose to go elsewhere to find it. The new full backs are needed as a priority IMHO.
  • https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/hpb8ct/antony_robinson_tackle_v_barnsley_booking/

mind you if we sign Robinson from Wigan and he does this to someone on the pitch.
  • re: Diangana

Obviously we all rate him and want him to be a success, and I include myself in that. However, the lad didn’t set the Premier League alight before, and now has been playing for one of the best teams in his division. It’s a different ballgame playing in a top championship team to a mid/lower PL team.

He should 100% be in the first team squad, but “blocking” him isn’t a worry for me. If we sign Eze, or keep Anderson, sign someone else, or a combination of those things, Diangana needs to show he can make the spot his own. I don’t like the idea of not signing someone just to make sure someone else doesn’t have the right amount of competition.
  • Yeold, can't fault his commitment. =).
  • https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/hpb8ct/antony_robinson_tackle_v_barnsley_booking/

mind you if we sign Robinson from Wigan and he does this to someone on the pitch.

Wow, that's some "tackle", I genuinely lolled.
  • That Robinson tackle is up there with the most cynical I have ever seen. If that is typical of his play and character he should be banned from playing forever. I, for one, would never want to see that type of player pull on a West Ham shirt.
  • alderz said:

re: Diangana

Obviously we all rate him and want him to be a success, and I include myself in that. However, the lad didn’t set the Premier League alight before, and now has been playing for one of the best teams in his division. It’s a different ballgame playing in a top championship team to a mid/lower PL team.

He should 100% be in the first team squad, but “blocking” him isn’t a worry for me. If we sign Eze, or keep Anderson, sign someone else, or a combination of those things, Diangana needs to show he can make the spot his own. I don’t like the idea of not signing someone just to make sure someone else doesn’t have the right amount of competition.

He’s also not blown the league away. 8 goals. Many players go to the Championship & knock in 15/20 goals. He has shown glimpses of extreme skill & no doubt been influential in their promotion, but he has played for one of the top two teams on paper & not blown the rest of the league out the water.

Let’s see how much he has developed & whether he has a future here.
  • Wow!
    "Many players go to the Championship & knock in 15/20 goals."

Help me out here. I'm struggling to think of any young loanee wingers who have done that.

Very harsh imo.
  • edited July 2020
    Well Bowen got 22 last season & 16 this, plus 14 three seasons ago.
    Harry Wilson got 16 last season.
    Sessegnon got 16 two seasons ago.
    Tom Ince got 14 three seasons ago & 12 the year before that.
    Matt Richie got 12 three seasons ago.
    Knockaert got 15 three seasons ago.
    Alan Judge got 14 a few years back.

Just saying there are lots of wide players who have got more goals than him at Championship level & most of them have failed at PL level.

Yeah he is young, but not 18 young. He’s 22.
  • edited July 2020
    Wasn't he injured for a couple of months?

Yes, of course make him compete. I'm not sure I care about blowing leagues away because that's not West Ham need and should stop looking for. We need our youth to be like Noble (or even Tomkins) who reliably have filled in and done jobs for us for years while others far more rated have passed through with little or temporary impact. Even what Stanislas has done at Bournemouth would have been preferable to all those we've had pass through over the years. 8 goals, 6 assists, an average of 1.4 key passes a game, 5th best dribble rate in the league. To me that's very solid for your second season of senior football. I want solid.

I also think stats don't really reflect what West Brom fans and a lot of others watching the Championship have to say about him.
  • alderz said:

I actually disagree on the first paragraph

Hes a young player going into a better team, a team going for promotion so has to hit the ground running, there isnt time for bedding in periods

I mean looking at Eze he has already had a full season in the championship last year (where he didnt really pull up too many trees), and now QPR are getting the best of him

Also think that had Diangana not been injured he would've been up there amongst the very best in terms of goals + assists

Yes Diangana has to earn the position, but I dont know what more he could've done on loan to prove that he deserves that opportunity

Yes I have a soft spot for our own youth, but I would rather see Grady succeed with us then elsewhere
  • To be honest i would not have a problem if Diangana stayed on loan at wba for another season ,see how he gets on in the prem
  • Yeah, but what if he started banging them in for WBA while we were suffering a goal-drought? =)
  • We need a goalie
  • Bubbles ,Good point ,How about we recall him in jan , =)
  • alderz said:

I actually disagree on the first paragraph

Hes a young player going into a better team, a team going for promotion so has to hit the ground running, there isnt time for bedding in periods

I mean looking at Eze he has already had a full season in the championship last year (where he didnt really pull up too many trees), and now QPR are getting the best of him

Also think that had Diangana not been injured he would've been up there amongst the very best in terms of goals + assists

Yes Diangana has to earn the position, but I dont know what more he could've done on loan to prove that he deserves that opportunity

Yes I have a soft spot for our own youth, but I would rather see Grady succeed with us then elsewhere
    I don’t disagree at all, with any of this. Maybe the point I was trying to make didn’t come through properly. I think he’ll be good enough, I think he has a very good chance is making that position his own career, but just now we don’t know for certain and I hope we don’t put too much pressure on him to be our saviour, because he might not be.
  • imagelost said:

We need a goalie

We don’t
  • alderz said:

imagelost said:

We need a goalie

We don’t
    pogba is too expensive so we need to stick with what we have :)
  • edited July 2020
    alderz said:

imagelost said:

We need a goalie

We don’t
    I think we do need a goal keeper.
  • We got Fabianski for another season before his contract is up
    We've got Randolph as back up
    We've got Martin as training goalie

We will probably need another goalie in the summer of 2021 but right now I don't see how its a priority

• edited July 2020

Imagelost

It’s all opinions, and I disagree with yours, on the basis that we have a good goalkeeper and we have other areas of the team that need to be improved before that position.
  • We will ser
  • edited July 2020
    Lukerz said:

Well Bowen got 22 last season & 16 this, plus 14 three seasons ago.
    Harry Wilson got 16 last season.
    Sessegnon got 16 two seasons ago.
    Tom Ince got 14 three seasons ago & 12 the year before that.
    Matt Richie got 12 three seasons ago.
    Knockaert got 15 three seasons ago.
    Alan Judge got 14 a few years back.

Just saying there are lots of wide players who have got more goals than him at Championship level & most of them have failed at PL level.

Yeah he is young, but not 18 young. He’s 22.

Diangana only made 31 appearances out of a total of 49 matches with only 24 starts, playing just 1934 minutes, scoring a goal every 242 minutes.

When you compare his minutes on the pitch to goal ratio he scored more often than Sessegnon, Ince (both seasons), Ritchie and Knockaert although not quite as often as Judge or Wilson. All of them averaged a goal in the 180 - 270 minute range so roughly once every three games or thereabouts.

No one scored as many as Bowen, this season he scored a goal every 162 mins for Hull and a goal every 180 mins last season but only a goal every 230 mins the season before.
  • Star

West Brom boss Slaven Bilic is urging the club to splash some of their promotion cash to seal a £20m deal for Grady Diangana.
  • West Ham are lining up Queens Park Rangers' English midfielder Eberechi Eze, 22, as one of their top transfer targets this summer with Crystal Palace also interested in the £20m-rated player. (Evening Standard)
  • Everyone loves Eberechi

He's been linked with us, Leeds, Spurs, Palace and Sheffield Utd.
This discussion has been closed.