The Actual Transfer Window

It’s here, so it’s time for a new thread.

Comments

• According to Fabrizio Romano, we’re about to sell Thilo Kehrer to Monaco. Whilst I think he is probably someone we can afford to lose, Johnson’s contract being up soon and Coufal only having 18mths left on his deal means we may be back in the market for fullbacks in the not too distant future.
  • Have we signed anyone yet
  • steve said:

Have we signed anyone yet

Billy the groundkeeper signed for a new lawnmower, not sure if that counts.
  • Soucek has signed extension till summer 2027.
  • I am pleased, He did have a period of anonymity a little last season but since Dec has left he is playing his more natural game again and also contributing with goals as he did in his first season. Should he get upgraded at some point or even lose his top form again he would still be a player you would always be happy to have in the squad and be able to provide something from the bench. Most of all he always seems to give everything.
  • Eric Dier, Harry Maguire, Phil Jones.......
  • Eric Dier? April the 1st must have come early this year.
  • I don’t see it as being likely, but - like Maguire - he’s a competent centre back in a mid/low block, and he can step into defensive midfield to bolster numbers there too. Like I say, I don’t think it will happen, but I can see some logic to it
  • I always thought we had a no business relationship now with Spurs so I would be surprised.
  • But we now have someone like Tim leading discussions so that may change. I can't see Dier coming as Spurs barely have a squad.
  • edited January 2
    We've been linked to Jadon Sancho on loan, but it's not something I'm particularly keen on. Firstly, I'm not sure he'd have the right work ethic for helping out defensively, and secondly, his current reported wage of £250k a week means it's very unlikely a compromise could be reached to sign him permanently even if things went well so any loan has much less appeal for me.
  • Moyes will never sign a lazy winger
  • We've been linked to Jadon Sancho on loan, but it's not something I'm particularly keen on. Firstly, I'm not sure he'd have the right work ethic for helping out defensively, and secondly, his current reported wage of £250k a week means it's very unlikely a compromise could be reached to sign him permanently even if things went well so any loan has much less appeal for me.

I can't see it coming off unless they have an irrational craving for Danny Ings.
  • Everton are considering offering former Manchester United and England midfielder Jesse Lingard a deal until the end of the season. The 31-year-old is currently a free agent

So he's unbelievably still available. Cant understand why ;)

#soyouresayingtheresachance
  • On a more serious note, (I agree with Sancho comments), we tried to buy Fabio Carvalho before Liverpool did. I think, as he's returned from loan and several clubs want him, he'd actually be a good loan pinch to play on our left side.
  • Bazshuayi said:

On a more serious note, (I agree with Sancho comments), we tried to buy Fabio Carvalho before Liverpool did. I think, as he's returned from loan and several clubs want him, he'd actually be a good loan pinch to play on our left side.

I've read stuff that suggests he's got a bit of an attitude problem; if so, I doubt Moyes would want him.
  • Bazshuayi said:

On a more serious note, (I agree with Sancho comments), we tried to buy Fabio Carvalho before Liverpool did. I think, as he's returned from loan and several clubs want him, he'd actually be a good loan pinch to play on our left side.

I've read stuff that suggests he's got a bit of an attitude problem; if so, I doubt Moyes would want him.
    There was similar reports about Paqueta though
  • Apparently Kehrer close to Monaco on loan & we will sell Benrahma for £20m. Ings being linked with Wolves & Aguerd with Saudi Arabia.
  • I can’t see Aguerd going unless it’s mega money. I’ve seen us linked to Max Kilman, which I would be very happy with.
  • So last summers business, how do we rate it?

Alvarez 8
    Ward-Prowse 8
    Mavropanos 7
    Kudus 9

Where do we need signings this window - not that I think we will unless it’s a loan?
  • Our best starting 11 when fit, are all signings made under Moyes. Only Fabianski, Ogbonna, Cresswell, Johnson, Fornals & Antonio are first team players who were here before Moyes’ second spell.
  • Alvarez 9
    Ward-Prowse 9
    Mavropanos 7
    Kudus 10
  • edited January 3
    Kudus 9
    Alvearz 8
    JWP 7.5
    Mavropanos 6

I would add that Emmerson in his first season was a 7 for me but an 8.5-9 now and Paquetta an 8 but now a 9, so all of those signings have room for even more improvement
  • Kudus 9.5
    Alvarez 8
    Ward Prowse 7
    Mavropanos 6.5

JWP would’ve been higher after his first few games but think he doesn’t offer much most of the time, even from most set pieces. Free kicks extremely disappointing. A decent signing but he’s been underwhelming for a while imo.

Mavropanos it’s too early to tell tbh. He’s had some games where he’s looked really bad and others where he looks fine.

Alvarez has done his job really solidly and Kudus has been outstanding. A frustrating moment here or there but I think that’s what you’re going to get if you want someone who’s going to produce something out of nothing as often as he does. Our best signing since Bowen.

• edited January 3
    I really like JWP. His ball retention & recycling of the play is really good, he’s chipped in with some goals & has assists in double figures. Always available & plays every game. I was worried he’d be a crab player but he has a lot of forward play to his game.
  • Lukerz said:

Alvarez 8

It was only a month ago that he wasn't good at anything. What a change of fortunes.

Ward Prowse 7

JWP would’ve been higher after his first few games but think he doesn’t offer much most of the time, even from most set pieces. Free kicks extremely disappointing. A decent signing but he’s been underwhelming for a while imo.

Ward-Prowse has 10 assists in 27 appearances. I get that he doesn't necessarily create loads from open play, but nobody got to 10 all season for us last year, so he's having a serious impact in our goalscoring already.
  • edited January 3
    Yes I must admit he has changed my view of him over December. 👍
  • edited January 3
    Lukerz said:

Yes I must admit he has changed my view of him over December. 👍

Whilst I never agreed with your take, I do think that he’s taken his game up by more than just a couple of notches over December.