The Actual Transfer Window

15678911»

Comments

• Do we think know that Moyes can get a tune out of Cornet?

I'm just getting me coat ...
  • I can't help wondering whether our failure to sign players in the window (Philips is a loan) is influenced by the rules for FFP and squad selection for the Europa League.
  • MrsGrey said:

Do we think know that Moyes can get a tune out of Cornet?

I'm just getting me coat ...

I think he can. He did look promising when he first arrived but that goal v Chelsea and his injury have left him way behind in the pecking order on a shot confidence.
  • MIAHammer said:
    Not sure I understand. He didn't sign for a Saudi club who were probably offering him a hefty wage. Can't see why you would have no sympathy
  • Apparently our feeder club, Ajax, unveiled a new player (and our summer target?) in their 1-1 draw with PSV yesterday, and he's already being scouted by his national manager. Hender Jordanson or something similar I believe he's called.
  • So much for wanting to stay close to his child:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68236957

• I presume his “many offers” included a lift to the airport
  • I was listening to the Bundesliga earlier and they came to talk about Frankfurt's new striker Ekitike. Apparently he is hopelessly unfit so I am not surprised we weren't interested.
  • I was listening to the Bundesliga earlier and they came to talk about Frankfurt's new striker Ekitike. Apparently he is hopelessly unfit so I am not surprised we weren't interested.

Cheers for sharing that, he's someone I thought we really shoulda been in for, so I feel a lot better now 😊😊😊.
  • edited February 10
    Apparently he had a fitness test this week and his results were that bad that the coaxh immediately said that he wouldn't be getting more than a few minutes in each of the next few games because his fitness levels were too low.

To me that is clearly an attitide problem as you should do your best to stay fit as a professional sportsman, especially if you are up for a transfer.

He took part in a training match against the U21s and asked to be subbed after 45 minutes. Seems like we dodged a bullet there
  • To me that is clearly an attitide problem as you should do your best to stay fit as a professional sportsman, especially if you are up for a transfer.

Completely agree, it reflects very poorly on him imo.

• Brighton signing that kid Osman , we were linked to him Hope we don't regret it
  • steve said:

Brighton signing that kid Osman , we were linked to him Hope we don't regret it

Yeah, I saw that, they've agreed a transfer for the summer. Like you, I hope we haven't really dropped the ball on this one.

• To me that is clearly an attitide problem as you should do your best to stay fit as a professional sportsman, especially if you are up for a transfer.

Completely agree, it reflects very poorly on him imo.

Hugo Ekitike only played once for PSG this season, 8 minutes in the first match and hasn't even made the bench since August

Last season he had 32 appearances while on loan at PSG from Reims, played well enough that they took up the €35 option-to-buy but they changed manager in the summer and Luis Enrique doesn't seem to rate him.

He's just a 21yo kid so hardly surprising he's not in the best frame of mind, maybe a good manager could help with that
  • Frame of mind is one thing but being completely unfit is another. Apparently he was banned from training for the past 6 weeks although they won't disclose why. But then he should be professional enough to keep fit by himself.
  • Been reading a bit more

Seems that PSG had to buy him as they'd activated a clause but he became surplus to requirement after they brought in Randal Kolo Muani and Goncalo Ramos

In November Le Parisien talked about his "dedication and impeccable behaviour" and that he was training hard in anticipation of moving in January but he claims that PSG refused to let him train with the first team

That has got to mess with your head, maybe older players would be able to deal with it but not a 21yo kid.

In the summer he turned down a move to Frankfurt as part of a makeweight deal for Randal Kolo Muani

Think there's a lot more to this story than meets the eye
  • So we could still get him in the summer then =)
  • According to some German sources he's taken a wage cut from £66k to £49k to play for Eintracht but they're still negotiating a possible transfer fee

In May he was part of PSG's championship winning team
    In June he celebrated his 21st birthday
    In July his loan deal was made permanent
    In August he was being offered as part-ex to Frankfurt

That was quite a summer...
  • Probably proof that when we read of potential incomings and moan when they don’t happen that we actually know nothing of what’s going on or what’s being unearthed.
  • And an absolute masterclass in googling and reading, from ASLEF.
  • I've got a lot of time on my hands...
  • West Ham and Brazil midfielder Lucas Paqueta, 26, is being tracked by Manchester City.

I'm sure everyone is shocked and surprised by this newspapaer suggestion! Perhaps they track him in rehab just to be extra thorough?
  • Loftus - Cheek.
    Scored 2 for AC Milan tonight.
    Quality player
  • waned him and he went to AC for a pretty low transfer fee. I thought he'd be a good box ot box player for us but also figured we didnt touch him because he has a poor injury record