Fiorentina Wednesday 7th June 8pm BT Sports ECL Final

Comments

• Go out to Prague and throw cups, bunch of disgusting animals.
  • Obviously not condoning it but this stuff happens all the time. Not a reason to ban us. Hopefully, cameras will pck up the culprits and just ban them
  • After what happened in Alkmaar, that behaviour is even more stupid.
  • We just haven't settled in this game at all. Second best so far.
  • Can someone tell Antonio this is a European final. Just seems to be wandering around. Very little press from the front.
  • edited June 2023
    Got away with one there. Offside but VAR still checking. Offside. Phew.
  • Cagey. Very, very cagey.

Not sure how we're going to score. Not really carrying any threat on the counter and our set pieces haven't been very good either.

Was nervous all day, but now I just feel a bit frustrated at the performance so far.
  • for a European final we have been well under par. I hope Moyes gives them a rocket, i would also look at getting Fornals on early doors.
  • Antonio wandering aimlessly and when the ball comes to him he looks like he’s on roller skates and can’t stand up.
  • I still believe though if we can keep this game 0-0 till the 70th minute we can really hit Fiorentina's tired legs going into the final 20.
  • We look second best as they press fast and hard and we stand off them allowing them forward. We are getting pushed too deep and when we get possession we can't seem to keep it. They are dictating the pace of the match.

This however may be our way into it as they are really playing at a pace that simply can't be kept up and as they push forward and try to assert their dominance we may get a counter or two in this half. When it comes however we will need be more composed than at present.

I see Bowen doing something special eventually.
  • Antonio seems to be having one of his "the world's against me" days, needs to up his game. Same could be said of a few, but he needs to be doing better as he's fundamental to relieving pressure with this gameplan.
  • I said about 10 days ago, you need to be brave in a final. We haven’t.

We need a brave 45 mins.
  • Not great is it ,still we do seem to be a better second half team
  • Antonio seems to be having one of his "the world's against me" days, needs to up his game. Same could be said of a few, but he needs to be doing better as he's fundamental to relieving pressure with this gameplan.

Too many passengers at the moment. It might be the pressure of the game, but to be honest it's been like this throughout the season.

Need to step it up big time in the second half.
  • We play this way. No point Moyes getting angry. He’s set us up this way all season & gets frustrated when we can’t build play from deep when all we do is sit deep. Odd.
  • Emerson probably outmost creative player in first half, need more from Paqueta, Benrahma and Bowen in 2nd half.
    Getting little from ref…..COYI ⚒️
  • He doesn’t expect them to continually give the ball away. Antonio has given it away almost every time. Benrhama has done the same.
    It doesn’t matter what tactics you use if the players don’t carry them out.
  • its just so so so so so annoying. Brighton or Brentford would be hammering this Fiorentina team. They are such a mid team but we are making them look good.
  • This ref is doing my swede in.
  • How has Gonzalez not been booked for diving multiple times? It’s cheating and deserves a booking for trying to deceive and con the ref
  • This is a standard performance for WH this season just "meh".
  • I just don't know what the plan is here.
  • edited June 2023
    Penalty!!!
  • That's got to be a penalty, surely.
  • Kehrer coming on for Zouma at CB oh no...
  • We better not miss this now!
  • When did Zouma get injured. First I've heard of it.
  • What a pen!!!