Fiorentina Wednesday 7th June 8pm BT Sports ECL Final

18910111214ยป

Comments

• I think I'm up to 100 views of Bowens goal. I'm going to have to be weaned off it.๐Ÿ˜

• Mike, that's an impressive ride for a, how old did you say you were, man in his later years. ;)

I'm going to be the BIG 70 tomorrow Bubbles and that is just my average distance.i did RideLondon two weeks ago which was 100 miles and the oldest cyclist was 85 so I'm just a spring chicken๐Ÿ”.
    The only fly in the ointment is that on Monday I've gotta to have an inguinal(groin) hernia operation which will put me off the bike for about six weeks so no booze tomorrow.

• edited June 2023
    Why, after Fiorentina being so cynical all night, didn't the defender just take Bowen down? ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ
  • edited June 2023
    mike said:

Mike, that's an impressive ride for a, how old did you say you were, man in his later years. ;)

I'm going to be the BIG 70 tomorrow Bubbles and that is just my average distance.i did RideLondon two weeks ago which was 100 miles and the oldest cyclist was 85 so I'm just a spring chicken๐Ÿ”.
    The only fly in the ointment is that on Monday I've gotta to have an inguinal(groin) hernia operation which will put me off the bike for about six weeks so no booze tomorrow.

Ouch!!
    I'm guessing you've been cycling a long time.
  • IronHerb said:

Why, after Fiorentina being so cynical all night, didn't the defender just take Bowen down? ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ

That's a good question Herb. Maybe he was thinking about extra time & that he'd have probably been sent off, and also that the keeper would have done better.
  • Yes it's a definite sending off if he does. I bet he wished he did now though!

• Although with that ref............
  • IronHerb said:

Although with that ref............

At the end of the day IMO he was not the worst we have seen and that was his last game in his refereeing career...
    Although he had a few usual " European moments " he didn't actually prove to be match changing in his decisions, something we haven't always been able to say...IMO....

• I thought he was poor, particularly in the first half. Not as bad as Lyon at home last year but not far off.
  • edited June 2023
    At the end of the day he was honoured to be appointed to ref a European final in his last game, so what you or I think really doesn't matter...at at the end of the day, he reffed a West Ham win!!
  • I was just giving my opinion.
  • IronHerb Great article so true.
    Funny about Antonio's daughter putting the ball in the net because if that had been Antonio himself who'd received Paqueta's pass instead of Bowen it could have been another story.I mean we all know what he's like when he's on a one to one?
    The other thing was the two comments about it being a tin pot cup.....Yawn!
  • Mike,
    HAPPY 70th Keep on trucking cycling.
    Good luck with your operation tomorrow!
  • Happy Birthday Mike.
  • Happy birthday brother ๐Ÿ˜œ
    And yes hope the opp goes well ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป
  • God luck Mike ,Happy birthday and many more
  • Has anyone been able to work out how much beer went into the air when Bowen scored? ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ
  • Happy birth ๐ŸŽ‰day Mike.
  • Dancing ,drinking,swearing,Moyes acting like a 18 year old .Now I am sure he has lost the dressing room =)