Moyes In or Moyes Out

Comments

• I don't know if they've changed it but the Hearts mascot used to look really scary and freaky.
  • I'd be amazed if this finishes 0-0
  • That's right 0-1 is perfect 😁
  • Whether you want him out or not he isn’t going now
  • To be fair today Moyes had us set up very well to hold onto that 1-0 loss until Ogbonna made a complete Europa Creswell of challenging Kane for that ball.
  • Time for a change. Moyes is just too pragmatic for the squad we have. I'd rather go for a win and lose than work hard for a draw and still lose.
  • I just watched a YouTube video where a West Ham fan was advocating for either Harry Redknapp or Mark Noble to take over, and honestly I think that’s hilarious.
  • It's ridiculous but we're in the bottom 3 atm and running out of games so could it actually get any worse?
  • Hamstew said:

It's ridiculous but we're in the bottom 3 atm and running out of games so could it actually get any worse?

We're still in two cups, we're one point off 17th, we're 6 points off 12th, and Leeds, Palace, Bournemouth, Everton, and Palace are all below us in the form table.

I think it could get worse.
  • edited February 2023
    @alderz, Where are we if you look at the last 12 matches? I make it two league wins in that period.
  • alderz said:

Hamstew said:

It's ridiculous but we're in the bottom 3 atm and running out of games so could it actually get any worse?

We're still in two cups, we're one point off 17th, we're 6 points off 12th, and Leeds, Palace, Bournemouth, Everton, and Palace are all below us in the form table.

I think it could get worse.
    Arguably the cups make it worse for us.
  • Ham, you mean worse for us ,because we have to sit though more games like today's =)
  • @alderz, Where are we if you look at the last 12 matches? I make it two league wins in that period.

Almost all versions of the form table go by the last six games, but we were I think 14th
  • edited February 2023
    Get rid of Moyes .and put Kevin Nolan in charge until the end of the season .
  • edited February 2023
    A very true and ugly fact :
    We have taken 9 points from the last 14 games – two wins, three draw and nine defeats… 9 points out of a possible 42 is horrendous …

For us to win a game of football we need to score goals, so we start with a back 5 and 3 defensive midfielders, not perhaps the best tactics to use but it’s Moyes’ way….SADLY.

Would love him gone, I know it’s most likely not going to happen but if we lose or even don’t win against Forest, IMO he should be gone.
  • A very true and ugly fact :
    We have taken 9 points from the last 14 games – two wins, three draw and nine defeats… 9 points out of a possible 42 is horrendous …

For us to win a game of football we need to score goals, so we start with a back 5 and 3 defensive midfielders, not perhaps the best tactics to use but it’s Moyes’ way….SADLY.

Would love him gone, I know it’s most likely not going to happen but if we lose or even don’t win against Forest, IMO he should be gone.

Think we actually have had 4 draws so 10 out of a possible 42, still makes for depressing reading 😡
  • Damn I miss the hippo head days 🦛
    There was a 🦛 for every occasion
  • @alderz, Where are we if you look at the last 12 matches? I make it two league wins in that period.

It doesn't matter as the football mantra is all about the next game.
  • IronHerb said:

@alderz, Where are we if you look at the last 12 matches? I make it two league wins in that period.

It doesn't matter as the football mantra is all about the next game.
    Don’t you mean ‘ your only as good as your last game’?!?! 🤣😉
  • No, the next game is the focus.
  • He won't go now it's been left far to late and not sure who we could get in. We're just going to have to muddle ourselves out of it somehow.
  • @IronHerb, Hasn't David Moyes been saying exactly that after every game since November last year?
  • Our record speaks for itself, it’s all very well saying next game, next game, but that doesn’t seem to work.
    If we do manage to stay up with Moyes, which I personally don’t sadly think we will do , IMO
    the first job to do after the season finishes is to relieve him from his duties IMO of course 😉
  • No good focusing on the last game as there is nothing to be done to change it so you have to look to the next game. Pretty obvious I know but you can't change the past.
  • @IronHerb, Hasn't David Moyes been saying exactly that after every game since November last year?

As has every other manager.
  • Headline from the Telegraph (allegedly Sullivan's favoured newspaper)

"West Ham will not sack David Moyes as critical Nottingham Forest fixture looms

The club's ownership are fully behind Moyes despite defeat at Tottenham and have been encouraged by recent performances"

The article is behind a paywall and I refuse to pay owners who avoid UK tax
  • Does anyone trust Moyes with the Rice money btw?
    If bit definitely when he leaves.
  • The Rice money is what keeps us a float when getting relegated. Or provides us with some funds for a promotion push in the Championship.