Moyes In or Moyes Out

Comments

• Nice problem to have
  • Thank you & 👋🏻
  • I'd still take Potter when Chelsea finally get rid - I think he'd be a much better fit for us than at Chelsea. That's the only manager I'd make the change for before the end of the season.

I don't think Moyes will still be in charge of the team next season - although may still be with us in another capacity.
  • But potter can't get his 200 players to score goals ,so what chance has he got with ours =)
  • edited February 2023
    Potter would be a very good appointment (for next season) were all the dominoes to fall in our favour, but highly unlikely for that to happen.
  • That report backs up what many have worded in that we are simply not creating and scoring enough but the defence is secure. This reads in line with those that say Moyes is too defensive and we need attack more to create more chances and need a striker to take them, and Antonio is not doing so, and Bowen has dropped form from last year also.

Let's hope Moyes at least approaches the rest of the season differently otherwise I can see those stats following all the way through to the end of the season.
  • I do not see him changing tactics, he is far more likely to stick to what he sees as the most prudent path, secure on defence and eke out enough points on the counter to ensure survival.

I still think it might just work and I fully expect us to stay up, however, i would not like to take the same mentality into next year,

For me, he needs to stay in place as I think that a new face now would be too disruptive, and i hope we find someone fresh for next year
  • They are not going to get rid of him if he keeps us up.
  • How long has Moyes’ contract got to run, anyone know?
  • I understand it’s until 17.00 on February 25 2023 according to some sources. 😉
  • I understand it’s until 17.00 on February 25 2023 according to some sources. 😉

There’s me trying to be serious for once , should’ve known.😳

• Summer 2024

Cheers mate.

• Slacker said:

In fact in New Manager Rumour Bingo I bags Carrick.

BINGO!BINGO!

You heard it here first.

• Let him build something, that is until he starts losing. 😂
  • Unbelievable innit? He’s only been a manager since Friday.
  • I would take Kompany like a shot. We knew his character as a club Captain of city but as so many like Roy Keane have found managing is different. Kompany however has demonstrated he knows what he is doing by almost certainly taking Burnley back into the Premiership having lost their best players through relegation, and done so playing some good football. I could easily see him going to Spurs or Chelsea but not ourselves, if he is having fun at Burnley he may just wait until Pep leaves City.
  • But their best players relegated them too.🤔
  • You may be able to say that about Rice and Paquetta etc soon.......
  • I don't think so.

The team that is too good to go down?
  • In theory it really should be, but we are probably the most wary team in the league of using that particular phrase. I seem to recall it being Cole, Carrick, Di Caneo, James, Johnson, Defoe & Kanoute and a few others.
  • In theory it really should be, but we are probably the most wary team in the league of using that particular phrase. I seem to recall it being Cole, Carrick, Di Caneo, James, Johnson, Defoe & Kanoute and a few others.

😭😭😭
  • We also had the fabulous Titi Camara (who from memory, so dont quote me, was a replacement defender with the Rio Ferdinand money)

Now you have well and truly done it
  • edited February 2023
    Bazshuayi said:

We also had the fabulous Titi Camara (who from memory, so dont quote me, was a replacement defender with the Rio Ferdinand money)

Close. He was a striker we bought with the Rio money. I think that the defender we bought in was Rigobert Song, but if memory serves we signed a handful of not very good players with that money.
  • Rigobert Song left in the summer 2002, replaced him with Gary Breen on a free from Coventry.

We also had Trevor Sinclair that season

Now you have well and truly done it
    Especially as we finished 7th the season before 😱😱😱
  • alderz said:

if memory serves we signed a handful of not very good players with that money.

Heritage