Moyes In or Moyes Out

Comments

• Noble has been training to be sporting director since 2 January.
  • Watching the Spurs Arsenal game showed that you don’t necessarily need all pacy players to win games. You just need them to think and react quicker which Arsenal showed in abundance.
  • But most of Arsenals attacking players are pacey.
  • 100%......OUT.
  • I'd honestly rather have Noble (plus maybe an experienced assistant to work with him) than Moyes if only for the hope of a short term new manager bounce.

I'd hate BFS to temporarily replace Moyes (BFS must be licking his lips at this time of the season knowing someone is going to be sacked and needing an experienced fire fighter) but I also believe he would keep us up

There are plenty of modern, attack minded managers with more than one move up their sleeves. Surely someone at the club has the job of monitoring/scouting for management whether its the actually managers position of similar?

There are a lot of games left to save us. Can we just o something sooner rather than later so the new guy has games please
  • edited January 2023
    Bazshuayi said:

I'd honestly rather have Noble (plus maybe an experienced assistant to work with him) than Moyes if only for the hope of a short term new manager bounce.

Thankfully I don't think Noble is stupid enough to think he can manage a Premier League team

• IH they may be pacy but it’s not all about being able to run fast. They knew where to be and what to do and what everyone else was going to do. We get to the final third and then either stop or play aimless balls into the middle because no one seems to anticipate anything.
  • edited January 2023
    Nah, I think he will be believe he can (purely on passion and love for the club). I also did say with an experienced assistant.
  • I think what is more pressing, I don't just mean that in our playing style, but does Mark Noble believe we should keep David Moyes as our manager?
  • edited January 2023
    I’m inclined to say OUT, but I’m also concerned, like everyone else, as to who we would replace him with?
    He has spent lots of money on better players but has not played them at all, or out of position. They don’t fit in to his style of play so he plays the tried and tested. They are either not good enough or badly out of form. Haller and Vlasic are examples of good players who are in form when played in the right system or position.
    Could anyone else get the best from Pacqueta, Scamaca and the rest?

……… and not Sean Dyche please!! 👎⚒
  • As I said before Haller, Vlasic, Scamacca, Paqueta may be playing below par because they’re more used to playing with better more astute players who know what they’re going to do.
  • Genuine question, because I really don’t know, has Noble got his coaching badges?
  • As I said before Haller, Vlasic, Scamacca, Paqueta may be playing below par because they’re more used to playing with better more astute players who know what they’re going to do.

So do you think that better players make good players worse?
  • @Slacker, No but playing players out of position or in a system that is alien to them doesn't help. They are scouted playing in a particular way & they then come to us and aren't played in the same way.
  • No but better players make good players look worse because they’re not on the same wavelength.
    Seeing as none of our signings have made more than a handful of appearances it’s little wonder that so far it’s not working out as it should. Introducing one or two new signings must be easier than six or seven.
    When (if) they gel then I think it’ll all click.
  • Monday and moyes and lampard look like they will still be in charge for Saturday 2 clubs in the bottom 3 both who started the season ,I find that a bit odd in today's football
  • edited January 2023
    Seems Rafa is favourite for the job
  • Rafa's been favourite for the job since Sullivan bought a majority share in the club but Sullivan couldn't get him
  • That would be a no from me, IMO, I doubt that he has anything new to offer, he may have been a force 10 years ago but what ideas and philosophy he does have, is well known and understood by the competition.

I think the game has moved on - for the record I also think that is principally why DM is struggling and why we need a fresh face.

Just my tuppence worth
  • Agree its one of the chief reasons we are struggling and no desire to employ another past it manager who's a dinosaur in todays game.

I seriously hope the owners have a different vision!!
  • Someone needs to over rule David Sullivan, which I admit will probably never happen & advise him to go for a manager not just for the current crisis but also to take the club forward. Yes I know avoiding relegation is going upwards.
  • I think Moyes shoukd be sacked, but given the current crop of alternatives I think it's better to see if he can claw us from relegation

Then we bring in a young, hungry manager in the summer with new ideas like Brighton did with De Zerbi
  • The alternatives look poor because the only names being bandied about are either supposedly unobtainable (Tuchel, Poch), or a perceived sideways or even backwards step (Dyche, Nuno, Benitez).

There will be other De Zerbi's out there, but a) we need to find them and b) be prepared to pay for them. Personally, I don't believe the club has the nouse to do the former, nor the willingness to do the latter.
  • Yeah the new bloke at Brighton has had a good start in his first few weeks but we all know that there’s a very good chance that Brighton fans will be calling for his head in six months to a year.
  • De Zerbi inherited an excellent team that was in fine form, P6 W4 D1 L1

His points ratio (1.67 per game) is actually less than Potter's at Brighton (2.17 per game) but better than Potter's at Chelsea (1.38 per game)

Someone needs to over rule David Sullivan

He only owns 38.8% so not impossible but unlikely, Gold's estate has 25.1% so combined they can still control the club
  • It will be interesting to see what Gold's daughters want to do with Gold's shares. Many of us believed that Sullivan (and possibly Gold too) was angling to sell up as soon as the penalty clause expired, somehow I think Sullivan will now trot out something to the effect that he can't continue without Gold and use his passing as an excuse to sell up after all his claims that he was going to pass his shares on to his kids.
  • De Zerbi inherited an excellent team that was in fine form, P6 W4 D1 L1

His points ratio (1.67 per game) is actually less than Potter's at Brighton (2.17 per game) but better than Potter's at Chelsea (1.38 per game)

Someone needs to over rule David Sullivan

He only owns 38.8% so not impossible but unlikely, Gold's estate has 25.1% so combined they can still control the club
    Yeah he did have a very good base to start with at Brighton but my point is a good few weeks doesn’t mean a lot.Go on a losing run and suddenly “ he’s lost the dressing room”.

• Interesting that recent comments have moved on from 'should he go?' to 'he's going, who should replace him?' I think that reflects the general mood of West Ham supporters, not just a knee- jerk reaction to any setback.
    What a story if he stays and wins the Conference League....
  • And takes us down
  • It still seems strange to me that players who join the club and start well soon turn into players that look as if they have forgotten how to play. Soucek , Bowen etc
    Or players that come through and play well like Rice just seem to lose their way . He is not the same player he was which is a shame .
    It is rare to that players show good consistency for a long time at the club .
    As for the strikers we have had over many years. It doesn’t seem to matter who plays up front nobody shows any sort of consistency required to help us win on a regular basis .
    We had a good season and a half which was due to players joining who had desire and passion and Rice playing fantastically well but as usual the players and team don’t push on and the team goes back to being the West Ham we have been for years. The players now look clueless and don’t show the desire needed to win games.
    Is that Moyes fault? It has happened under so many managers now it can only be the “culture” at the club. There are far too many players just going through the motions who just stay in the side week after week.
    The club needs new owners with a manager who can shake up the club and instil a winning mentality that lasts.