Moyes In or Moyes Out

Comments

• IronHerb said:

So he's beaten Everton and West Ham. He also won one in seven La Liga games at Seville and left them at or near the bottom of the league.

Half of what Moyes has won in how many games!!
  • IronHerb said:

So he's beaten Everton and West Ham. He also won one in seven La Liga games at Seville and left them at or near the bottom of the league.

You've missed the point. It was not about any particular manager, but about different managers getting different results with the same set of players.
  • Look at the England cricket team. They were pretty awful under Silverwood. Changed manager, changed captain and changed mindset and now look at them.
  • But also getting results against different teams.
  • BND, You posted about the improvement at Aston Villa since Emery came in so there is good data to indicate that a change may be for the best. ๐Ÿ‘

Bournemouth.
  • You in or out, Mrs G? The point of this thread has kind of gotten away from itself.
  • Have sympathy for the owners as I don't think in their wildest that after the 2 seasons we've just had that Moyes position wouldn't even be up for dispute halfway through the season

So I don't think they're ready for who the replacement could be as they were probably sure Moyes would have turned it around
  • So I don't think they're ready for who the replacement could be as they were probably sure Moyes would have turned it around

Any club should always have an active and current plan at all times for such a key member of staff; personal circumstances, health issues or even death can leave a club needing a new manager at any point in time.
  • Nobes should have a list made up of manager preferences. I mean, he has to fill his day doing something.
  • So I don't think they're ready for who the replacement could be as they were probably sure Moyes would have turned it around

Any club should always have an active and current plan at all times for such a key member of staff; personal circumstances, health issues or even death can leave a club needing a new manager at any point in time.
    100% agree. For a club to assume that a manager will just see out his contract without having any replacements in mind would be hugely naive, IMO, particularly at West Ham given what happened with Glenn Roeder.

I mean, it may be that we have a Plan B, but a couple of the more well known ITKs seem to be suggesting that we have no replacements in mind.
  • IronHerb said:

Nobes should have a list made up of manager preferences. I mean, he has to fill his day doing something.

What about him ๐Ÿ‘€

100% agree. For a club to assume that a manager will just see out his contract without having any replacements in mind would be hugely naive, IMO, particularly at West Ham given what happened with Glenn Roeder.

I mean, it may be that we have a Plan B, but a couple of the more well known ITKs seem to be suggesting that we have no replacements in mind.
    Now being reported that Benitez and Nuno have been discussed as potential replacements (The Times). Others reporting that short- and long-term replacements are now being discussed.

Feels like the beginning of the end now for Moyes.
  • Decanio ,Noble, And James collins the dream team ,problem solved your welcome =)
  • We are boring to watch, and in the bottom 3. A terrible season so far.

We need a change
  • You in or out, Mrs G? The point of this thread has kind of gotten away from itself.

In.
  • MrsG, At what point might you change your opinion? ๐Ÿ˜ฌ
  • The point of this thread has kind of gotten away from itself.

How does that happen?
    ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Mikel Arteta and Vincent Kampany have made a successful jump from player to manager. Why not Mark Noble? At least, he would demand passion and commitment.
  • Did they start their managerial careers in a relegation battle?
  • Come on lads keep it simple, always look to pass it side ways, you know it makes sense
    ๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ€
  • edited January 2023
    Ravel49 said:

Come on lads keep it simple, always look to pass it side ways, you know it makes sense

To be fair that could be be in a Scottish accent ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ
  • Ravel49 said:

Come on lads keep it simple, always look to pass it side ways, you know it makes sense

Or backwards
  • Need BFS back, hoof not yoof ๐Ÿ˜œ
  • Ravel49 said:

Need BFS back, hoof not yoof ๐Ÿ˜œ

๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ˜†
  • Dear God no.
  • Ravel49 said:

Need BFS back, hoof not yoof ๐Ÿ˜œ

• He'd get more out of this squad than Moyes has.
  • The team have lost their way mostly because too many players have lost form and a lethargy has spread through the team, confidence has drained. The board cannot be blamed, they have put their hands deep into their pockets. Injuries at the back for much of the early part of the season didn't help. We lack pace and need Cornet back. I think Moyes is wise enough to realise that his attempts to keep things mostly unchanged isn't working and he needs to shake things up with a more attacking, pressing approach. I think after the last game and at the halfway point in the season we will see a change.. I can't think of anyone to come in so for that reason I am in the keep Moyes camp.
  • edited January 2023
    Pengeman said:

Mikel Arteta and Vincent Kampany have made a successful jump from player to manager. Why not Mark Noble? At least, he would demand passion and commitment.

Arteta was assistant manager at Man City for three and a half seasons before he took over at Arsenal

Kompany was manager of Anderlecht for two seasons before he took over at Burnley

Mark Noble has been West Ham's sporting director since 2nd January

Meanwhile, it the real world...