Moyes In or Moyes Out

Comments

• Bumpety bump.
  • Benitez just got fired .How long before he is linked to us again =)
  • edited March 12

😂
  • As William is a Villa fan I’d have thought that would have been Emery out after their Sunday performance
  • At least I understand why they will not release the original picture, it all makes perfect sense now
  • edited April 22

• Thought he was going to Liverpool
  • Thought he was going to Liverpool

According to David Ornstein, it’s “unlikely” that Liverpool go for him, and that he finds our job “attractive”.
  • Apparently CNN Portugal are reporting that we’ve sent a private jet to being Amorim and his agent to London for discussions tonight.
  • AND he’s now 2/1 to be our next manager with some bookies.
  • just hope he does not stay over to see us play Liverpool =)
  • Must admit I don't know anything about the guy. I found this quite interesting even if it is from a Chelsea perspective:

• Not gonna lie, really excited if we snag him!

Reading about due dilligence but why send a private jet for that? He would be a real coup for us!
  • If it's true and Moyes is on his way out I hope he gets the very best of goodbyes from the London Stadium and the club. History will view him in a much better light than during his actual time at the club I feel. He has been an incredibly successful manager for us and provided some much needed highs to balance the lows of the previous years. This said it is the strangest of situations as despite recognising this I still couldn't argue with the club wanting to choose now to make a change. I think he has taken us as far as he can and if taking the gamble of a new appointment I recognise we could be losing the stability he has brought, but we could also make some progress as well, certainly in how we set up and how we play. Sport is about aspiring and taking a chance at times and maybe now is the time to gamble and accept we may lose but that it's all part of reaching out for higher.
  • alderz said:

Apparently CNN Portugal are reporting that we’ve sent a private jet to being Amorim and his agent to London for discussions tonight.

West Ham have released photos of the private plane en route to Portugal.

• What will be interesting, if the Amorim appointment does come about, is how the pundits will explain away the 'what a good appointment' attitude they voiced when it looked like he was going to Liverpool as opposed to the 'be careful what you wish for' attitude in removing Moyes and then getting him at West Ham.
  • We don’t have much of a record appointing managers. Around Moyes we had a champions league success, Avram Grant who was lauded when he came in but got us relegated in 1 year.
    The next was Manuel Pellegrini, a PL winner, again lauded when he came in but was on the point of getting us relegated in 1.5 years before we got rid. Our football under both was pretty poor most of the time.
    Apart from a slight flirtation last season we’ve never been near relegation with Moyes.
  • Now I’m not up to date with too many foreign players let alone coaches and until the Liverpool rumours started I admit I’d never heard of this bloke.
    Maybe he’s a good fit maybe not., maybe some people think he’d be a great appointment purely because of the Liverpool story, I suspect the vast majority had never heard of him.
    But IF he becomes our manager then I will back him as I have all of them.
    Re Moyes, I’d definitely walk at the end of the season, he doesn’t deserve the abuse he’s getting. His West Ham record will show him to be our most successful manager and he can leave with his head held high.
  • Did I read somewhere he has a big release clause with Sporting if so can't see us paying it
  • The Portuguese publication also claim that the the Primeira Liga side will demand Amorim’s full £17 million release clause – something that ‘will not be an obstacle’ for the Hammers.

However, it’s worth noting that Fabrizio Romano recently suggested that Sporting could be willing to accept around £8.5 million – half of his full release clause.

https://www.hammers.news/news/portuguese-report-claims-1-final-hurdle-to-ruben-amorim-joining-west-ham-is-absolutely-no-problem-for-sullivan/
  • If Amorim does replace Moyes we're going to need more centre backs

Sporting have consistently played with three at the back ever since he took over in March 2020
  • I think compared to some of the clubs he’s been linked with we are probably the least attractive option especially as there’ll be no European football next season. Even Sporting will be in the CL.
    If Moyes does go it’s more likely his replacement will be someone currently out of work and the worry is they’re generally out of work for a reason eg they weren’t good enough in their previous job. This is where the be careful what you wish for comments come from.
    If we can lure a top(ish) manager from another club that’s a different scenario altogether.
  • According to numerous reports Amorim to West Ham is dead in the water as he took an instant dislike to the “project” outlined to him.
    How true this is we will probably never know but I think we will struggle to get the level of manager people on here seem to think we will.
  • Well i guess Big Sam is out there somewhere =)
  • According to numerous reports Amorim to West Ham is dead in the water as he took an instant dislike to the “project” outlined to him.

I wonder if this translates to 'he met Sullivan'
  • I think the greater the demand for the manager the greater their negotiating power, with this in mind I am not sure how the recruitment policy would work as such a manager may not like being told that we trust Tim's judgement and would like to invest in that Judgment. I think one basic request would be the final say on all transfers, which really turns Tim into a glorified scout rather than the project manager.
  • As the reports of the club flying people in for talks about Moyes job have not been denied I suspect it is 99% certain Moyes is leaving. He should announce he has decided to leave at the end of the season so everyone knows where they are and to end speculation, If the club were hoping to keep him hanging on in case no one better wants it then it would make clear that he is not accepting that as a situation.
  • I suspect that both the board and Moyes have the best interests of the club in mind and will not discuss the situation in public. Finish the season as best as we can and then sit down a talk about what both sides want to do.
  • I think we should 'Potter' about a bit.