Moyes In or Moyes Out

Comments

• edited April 27

He's spent the last four and a bit years building a team the way he wants it, I don't see him walking away unless a better club makes him an offer

I'm not sure; the hiring of Steidten might suggest any new contract will give Moyes much less say in transfers, and he may baulk at that, especially as it feels as though money wasn't spent in January to leave it in the pot for a new manager this summer. It does feel as though Sullivan is trying to make it too uncomfortable for Moyes to want to stay.

• Fabrizio Romano reckons Lopetegui is close to joining AC Milan

Jacob Steinberg says Lille’s Paulo Fonseca, Stuttgart’s Sebastian Hoeness, ex-Bayern Munich and Germany's Hansi Flick and Fulham’s Marco Silva are being considered but not Graham Potter
  • edited April 27
    I will stick my neck out and say we will appoint Tuchel, if not then Kompany. I would be happy with either.

Neither in the picture at present however.
  • What i have read about Fonseca i quite like .But do not want Lopetegui
  • I'd really like Tuchel
  • If this is how he wants the team to be then hmm
  • We have to be sounding out other options as we don't know if he's staying, be silly not to.
    I personally think Moyes is off, and rightly so.
  • Richelieu will think he’s too big for us. Also, he’s got a look about him I don’t like. Totally personal and no logical reason behind it 😂
  • It seems Milan fans have started a petition against Lopetegui being appointed their new manager.
  • I have no idea who might be a better manager than David Moyes, as most names suggested seem inferior to him. I would be happy for him to stay as long as he is given a substantial kitty to improve the depth and age of the squad. Without that happening, regardless of who is in charge, we will really struggle next season.
  • Bazshuayi said:

Richelieu will think he’s too big for us. Also, he’s got a look about him I don’t like. Totally personal and no logical reason behind it 😂

Thats an impressive autocorrect for 'Tuchel'
  • I think anyone who wants a change must be prepared for that as it is a distinct possibility. I do suspect if Moyes stays we will very probably stay up filling a mid table spot. We will play counter attacking football and probably feel like the players are on a leash in many matches. Should we change it could go wrong and we end up in a relegation fight due to a new man coming in and taking time to know the players and changing our style of play, confidence could fall and it could be a long run in. But the gamble is that we could also get a new man with new ideas that really lets the players attack and use the ball, playing a more attacking style that's better to watch and breathes new life into an already decent team and with a little luck we can push for a Euro place again and play better football.

That for me is the gamble and at this point I would be happy to take it, but if Moyes stayed I wouldn't be unhappy either.
  • Bazshuayi said:

Bazshuayi said:

Richelieu will think he’s too big for us. Also, he’s got a look about him I don’t like. Totally personal and no logical reason behind it 😂

Thats an impressive autocorrect for 'Tuchel'
    I was trying to work out who you were going on about 😂🤣😂.

• Bazshuayi said:

Agree. Robespierre is worth keeping tabs on, though...😉
  • Bazshuayi said:

Agree. Robespierre is worth keeping tabs on, though...😉
    I'd go for the Duc de Pommesfrittes personally. 😉
  • According to some reports today Amorim was brought over by Chelsea not us.
  • According to some reports today Amorim was brought over by Chelsea not us.

Equally, that has been categorically denied by others.
  • edited May 1

I'd go for the Duc de Pommesfrittes personally. 😉

Or Count de Monet

Daily Mail claiming that Spartak Moscow want Moyes

But then it is the Daily Heil...
  • Or the new Dutch wonder, Hertz Van Rental.
  • Brighton will look to lure Kieran McKenna away from Ipswich Town if manager Roberto de Zerbi leaves the club at the end of the season....

Is this the sort of person we should be looking at?
  • Can't see him leaving Ipswich if they go up which looks like they will .A real hero there .
  • Having said that he is the sort of person we we should be looking at
  • Rob Edwards of Luton is another one I like both seem to know how to get the best out of players .In a perfect world perhaps give them another year or two .But the world is not perfect so would be happy with either one

• Apparently Will Still has left his job at Reims by mutual consent; very young, progressive manager, making a name for himself, West Ham fan.........
  • Apparently Will Still has left his job at Reims by mutual consent; very young, progressive manager, making a name for himself, West Ham fan.........

Although apparently he's being strongly linked with Sunderland.
  • Steidten not allowed in dressing room for rest of season due to his part in the possible recruitment of a new manager.

Although apparently he's being strongly linked with Sunderland.
    Ray Winstone’s a West Ham fan, he must be in the frame shirley.

• So guess all of us are as well ,waiting by the phone =)
  • I wouldn’t want it…….not with the way you lot go on about the boss😀
  • It is stupid. Looking for a new manager when you have one in post & yet to decide whether he continues or not.