January Transfer Window

1232425262729»

Comments

• This is on his wiki page

Darwin Gabriel Núñez Ribeiro (Spanish pronunciation: [ˈdaɾwĩn ˈnuɲes]; born 24 June 1999) is a Uruguayan professional footballer who plays as a striker for massive Premier League club West ham and the Uruguay national team.
  • The thing with Bentake is every part of him looks like a striker until the ball leaves his boot. Big, strong, difficult but he is the striker version of Trarore... no end product for all his abilities.

I would be happier with him coming on than Yarmi but I may prefer Oko Flex were it just between those three. The one thing that could count is that I do trust Moyes and the coaching staff to work with people in a positive way so maybe that can unlock the final part of Bentake. Antonio was nowhere near the striker he was when he first played in the position, he has been coached very well to make the best of what he brings to the role.

He may not be interested but now Liverpool have brought in this new guy surely Origri on loan from Liverpool is the deal to go for.

• yoyo said:

From Sky : West Ham interested in Nunez
    West Ham are interested in Benfica striker Darwin Nunez.

Nunez, who has scored 20 goals in 25 games this season, sees contract at Benfica run until 2025.

The 22-year-old is on international duty with Uruguay at present, with a match against Venezuela on Tuesday.

Let's assume for a second that this is true; WHY ARE WE LEAVING IT UNTIL DAY 30 OF 31 KNOWING THAT THE PLAYER IS IN URUGUAY AND HAS A GAME ON TUESDAY!?
  • yoyo said:

Nunez, who has scored 20 goals in 25 games this season, sees contract at Benfica run until 2025.

The 22-year-old is on international duty with Uruguay at present, with a match against Venezuela on Tuesday.

Let's assume for a second that this is true; WHY ARE WE LEAVING IT UNTIL DAY 30 OF 31 KNOWING THAT THE PLAYER IS IN URUGUAY AND HAS A GAME ON TUESDAY!?
    Perhaps we haven’t left it to the last minute, but maybe it’s just got out?
    WHO REALLY KNOWS?!
  • That's what I can never understand. Leaving it to the last minute means the selling club don't have time to get in a replacement, if you're buying from a foreign club, it takes more time.
  • Hamstew said:

Yep don't get this logic the guy has proved time and time again that he is pony. I'd rather we sign a right winger and play Bowen up top when Antonio needs resting. Last thing we need is him coming in missing sitter after sitter

Bowen up front significantly weakens us as he's by far our most in form player coming in from the right and basically where ever he wants to go roaming.

Benteke has the strength and experience to hold the ball up while our other players join. He's always been good with his head too. I know hes not the player he was in the past but I think he'd do appreciably better in our team covering for Antonio.

He'll be fine 'til Raphinha and Calvin join us :)
  • yoyo said:

Because we've been sniffing around everyone else all month and he's our 16th choice?
  • I know I have said it more than once and for a while but we should be knocking on Liverpools door for Origi (especially when hes again been linked with moves out of the Prem and that Burnley are interested!!)
  • Yeah, Origi ticks a lot of boxes; good age, available, affordable, PL and CL experience, full international.

But it would seem that the main one, i.e. being wanted by Moyes, he doesn't.
  • Bazshuayi said:

Hamstew said:

Yep don't get this logic the guy has proved time and time again that he is pony. I'd rather we sign a right winger and play Bowen up top when Antonio needs resting. Last thing we need is him coming in missing sitter after sitter

Bowen up front significantly weakens us as he's by far our most in form player coming in from the right and basically where ever he wants to go roaming.

Benteke has the strength and experience to hold the ball up while our other players join. He's always been good with his head too. I know hes not the player he was in the past but I think he'd do appreciably better in our team covering for Antonio.

I don't want Bowen up there I'd just rather him than Benteke. I really can't remember when this guy was good and don't understand why we would settle for that. Just my opinion.
  • Take your Palace glasses off Hammy. 🤣
  • Darmesh Sheth on Sky is claiming we’ve agreed a fee with Benfica for Darwin Nunez, but that him being in South America for World Cup qualifying means it’s “logistically difficult” 🤔

I can see this being a loan to buy with a mandatory agreed fee to get it over the line. (Or it’s all rubbish!)
  • edited January 2022
    The only logistical difficulty I can see is perhaps arranging a medical. Paperwork is not a problem wherever you are in the world with modern technology.
  • I heard earlier he can have his medical in South America & we can register his signing as the fee has already been agreed.
  • The only logistical difficulty I can see is perhaps arranging a medical. Paperwork is not a problem wherever you are in the world with modern technology.

Someone should tell Darmesh about a little invention that I like to call the fax machine
  • edited January 2022
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/60176021

Something about deadline day that looks rather cobbled together.
    But, you know... Busy busy
  • Didn’t know people still used fax machines. Scanning and emailing or even taking photos on your phone and using WhatsApp is easier.
  • edited January 2022
    Liverpool sent a delegation over to Argentina to sort the Dias medical out. Cant we just pay them to do Darwins too? #No excuses and if you dont ask, you dont get
  • Didn’t know people still used fax machines. Scanning and emailing or even taking photos on your phone and using WhatsApp is easier.

Nothing to do with transfers but I was delighted to discover recently that you can even use your phone as a scanner!
  • Hamstew said:

Bazshuayi said:

Hamstew said:

I don't want Bowen up there I'd just rather him than Benteke. I really can't remember when this guy was good and don't understand why we would settle for that. Just my opinion.
    I dont mean I want Benteke for any length of time. Just a short loan until the end of the season and preferably with another striker coming in, not just him!
  • Signing Darwin would really show we are evolving as a club.
  • edited January 2022
    Nice one, very clever! Made me chuckle
This discussion has been closed.