January Transfer Window

Comments

• edited January 2022
  • At last, some breaking news.
    Doncaster Rovers have signed West Ham forward Mipo Odubeko on loan until the end of the season.
  • Excellent. We have released a striker.
  • Quite some effort to actually reduce our pool of strikers.

Elsewhere, I see that KUMBs resident ITKs (no idea whether they are or not) are suggesting that Sullivan and Moyes are at loggerheads over who to bring in. Doesn't seem to tally with what Moyes has said publicly so hopefully there's nothing in it.
  • They should rename them ITK's to IDK's.
  • Excellent. We have released a striker.

……and we are looking to sell a left back to Forest🤦‍♂️
  • Right now I'd accept a striker from Ying Tak league hahaha
  • Genuinely thought we would get a couple more players.i will be perplexed if we don't by late Monday.
  • Ying tak leaque you say that could be interesting
  • We was always linked with a player from there, but I can't remember his name. 🤔
  • We was always linked with a player from there, but I can't remember his name. 🤔

Carlos kickaball
  • No, he had a Mongolian name.
  • Various rumours again this morning. The summary seems to be:

Broja and Brereton Diaz are Moyes' preferences up front.

Diop wanted by Newcastle.

Caleta-Car a target but only on loan, which Marseille don't want.

Sadly, the only one I can see actually happening is Diop to Newcastle, because, you know, it's West Ham.

The Broja deal seems too complicated, with Southampton to appease and a potential buy-back clause in the mix. I'd be amazed if that one happened. Blackburn are in the running for the play-offs so selling their No1 striker at this late stage of the window seems unlikely (unless they have a replacement lined up), and I just can't see us stumping up £25m for him.

DCC is a strange one. We've apparently wanted him for two years, and were prepared to buy him for £25m in 2020 but he wanted to stay in France, and he was a back-up last year if the Zouma deal fell through, for a rumoured £17m. Now it seems like Marseille are prepared to sell, the player is supposedly keen on coming this time and yet we're not prepared to sanction a permanent deal this time.

Whatever happens, I think Monday is either going to be really exciting for West Ham, or thoroughly depressing.
  • From twitter -

'Barcelona now just one Britt Assombalonga away from recreating the famously unstoppable Middlesbrough front 3 of 2017/18. Scary'

Braithwaite, Assombalonga, Traore. 😳
  • edited January 2022
    It’s all very quiet ⚒
  • Talk online about negotiations over Caleta-Car but there are also rumblings that Liverpool are prepared to accept £10m for Nat Phillips as they need £10m extra to sign Luis Diaz from Porto

Villa also linked with Phillips but they signed Calum Chambers yesterday and Newcastle are supposed to be interested in Phillips if they can't sign Brighton's Dan Burn
  • Getting to the domino stage
  • edited January 2022
    MrsGrey said:

Getting to the domino stage

We’re just getting used to good football, so Dominos might be a step too far!
  • This is the calm before the storm. Hold onto your hats.
  • Note to self - get Tumbleweed emoji!
  • This is the calm before the storm. Hold onto your hats.

We eatin' good on Monday
  • I stupidly got all excited with 7 new posts, only to find we are no nearer to signing anyone 😁
  • I stupidly got all excited with 7 new posts, only to find we are no nearer to signing anyone 😁

Unless we never sign anybody again, we are technically closer to signing somebody.

Not necessarily in the next 5-10 years, but still closer than we were yesterday.
  • Pedantic Symantecs my friend, pedantic Symantecs.
  • Raphinha the latest player linked. Rumour has it we're preparing to 'test Leeds' resolve' over the next few days.

Would absolutely take him as a Yarmolenko replacement, but no way is it happening.
  • We want to bring in players who are better than what we have
    >
    Money has been made available to get what's needed

Followed by

There are no available players at a reasonable price
    >
    The targets in question costs too much, alternatives are being looked at.

Followed by

We will take a loan deal with option to buy on said player
    >
    No

Rinse and Repeat x100 and sign no one and ingest large amounts of COPIUM that surely it will be easier in the summer.
  • There must be some irons in the fire if we've bid £50m for a striker. Maybe Plan A was the big money striker and a CB on loan/cheap (DCC, Worrall, Phillips), but now the £50m bid has been rejected they'll look at signing DCC on a permanent, loan a striker and use the rest elsewhere in the squad (LB? CM to replace Kral?)

I just refuse to believe that we won't do anything. Given what's at stake (European football and the ability to retain and attract top players), it would be incredible to leave the squad as it is and expect top six.
  • Incredible, yes, unbelievable, sadly no.
  • edited January 2022

There must be some irons in the fire if we've bid £50m for a striker. Maybe Plan A was the big money striker and a CB on loan/cheap (DCC, Worrall, Phillips), but now the £50m bid has been rejected they'll look at signing DCC on a permanent, loan a striker and use the rest elsewhere in the squad (LB? CM to replace Kral?)

I just refuse to believe that we won't do anything. Given what's at stake (European football and the ability to retain and attract top players), it would be incredible to leave the squad as it is and expect top six.

Surely a signing is coming
  • I think so Yeold. Not until Monday, but I think we'll see a couple sign.
This discussion has been closed.