January Transfer Window

Comments

• OCS, Knowing our luck it will be Dani Dyer & Jarrod Bowen signing a magazine contract.
  • Andy Carroll has joined West Brom - even though he failed to score against them back in November
  • MrsGrey said:

Getting to the domino stage

We’re just getting used to good football, so Dominos might be a step too far!
    Is that the game or the pizza =)
  • Just a thought....are the owners being careful with their spending because a club sale is on the horizon and they're lowerng debts ? I dunno, ignore me. I'm just trying to put a spin on things.
  • Yoyo putting a spin on things.

I really hope that was deliberate.
  • Yoyo is always up and down to be fair.
  • I don’t think it’s likely, but Raphinha would be one heck of a signing.
  • Doesn’t he play where Bowen plays?
  • edited January 2022

Doesn’t he play where Bowen plays?

Often, yes. But I’ve seen him play off the left and behind the striker. I think he’s even played in CM for Leeds before

Edit; according to transfermarkt, 74 games at left wing, 98 at right wing.
  • edited January 2022
    We would have the best bench for attacking midfielders in the league with Bowen, Vlasik, Benrhama, Fornals, Lanzini, and now Raphina, but still only one striker.
  • In other news I know some of us have been worried about Kral appearing to have been sidelined. I think he is feeling ok.

• Obviously not taking the job seriously - I mean, have you seen the size of those portions.
  • I did think that, for just the two of them! I wonder if there is a maximum load capacity on the bench he sits on each week.
  • Ex has said the bid for Raphinha was genuine, but immediately rejected by Leeds.

So in a window where a striker and a CB are the obvious priority, we drop a £50m bid on an attacking midfielder, where we already have Bowen, Benrahma, Fornals, Vlasic and Lanzini 🤔

Baulking at £17m for DCC, and with players like Origi supposedly available for £10m, we're busy trying to smash our transfer record on a player that is key to a team with a relegation battle just over their shoulder. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Some speculation on social media that it's another of Sullivan's phantom bids (offer under a player's value knowing it's likely to be rejected and say 'we tried') to kill more of the window. But even if it was a genuine attempt, why a winger when there are bigger issues with the squad?
  • 29 Jan 20 we signed Soucek

29 Jan 21 we signed Lingard

29 Jan 22...
  • edited January 2022
    I don’t believe Sullivan has any involvement now in bids. We have Newman. I think believing Sullivan is responsible for any bids going in is wrong. The man is now on the way out & we appointed a Head of Recruitment for a reason.
  • can drop a 50m bid on Raphina but suddenly cant find the money to sign other players lol. Same strat as usual.
  • edited January 2022
    Lukerz said:

I don’t believe Sullivan has any involvement now in bids. We have Newman. I think believing Sullivan is responsible for any bids going in is wrong. The man is now on the at out & we appointed a Head of Recruitment for a reason.

Nah, I can't see Sullivan giving up that much responsibility. I think the Husillos debacle has probably strengthened his desire to manage the deals.

Newman is effectively head of scouting, I reckon, with Sullivan still doing the negotiations.
  • So to sum again - again:
    Nobody outside the club knows what’s really going on.
  • can drop a 50m bid on Raphina but suddenly cant find the money to sign other players lol. Same strat as usual.

I highly doubt that happened. A conversation may have been had but I highly doubt an official £50m bid was made.
  • edited January 2022
    Slacker said:

So to sum again - again:

No, but again, this is a speculation thread. People will use it to speculate.

There is a 'transfers done and dusted' category for those wanting to deal purely in fact, but there's not a lot going on over there at the moment 😉
  • Slacker said:

So to sum again - again:

No, but again, this is a speculation thread. People will use it to speculate.

There is a 'transfers done and dusted' category for those wanting to deal purely in fact, but there's not a lot going on over there at the moment 😉
    Thanks for that👍
  • Are we going to need clowns for you two?

Just say the word
  • edited January 2022
    Hamstew said:

Just say the word

Hmmmmm, House or Mouse =)
  • I dread the day clown comes up on Wordle.
  • If we really have got £50 million to spend on one player we can look for a more top end striker than a middle range one but of course we could buy 2/3 new players by Monday night to address the outstanding issues from the summer window. NO EXCUSES!
  • I dread the day clown comes up on Wordle.

Well at least Ham will get it in one.....

Might be handy to introduce as an introduction to humour?

• Ooh ooh I’ve got a some rumour and speculation!

That Chilean striker Brereton-Diaz at Blackburn didn’t play and wasn’t on the bench today.
    I know nothing else, just tipping you the wink.

Source: Me.
This discussion has been closed.