Transfer Deadline Day: It's weird because it's October

Comments

• Why would any team went to do transfers with us after this
  • From here on out David Moyes should have his own team handling all transfers

Don’t say that ibl he will probably bid £7 million for hugill
  • Cuz1 said:

From here on out David Moyes should have his own team handling all transfers

Don’t say that ibl he will probably bid £7 million for hugill
    7m for a 15 goal championship forward would be a great deal right now
  • We saw where that ended up last time he couldn’t finish a breakfast
  • The most baffling thing about hugill was that having signed him (at a fair amount of money), he barely played him at all. So we may never know if he would have vaguely cut it in the Prem. Even Zaza was given far more chances (to demonstrate he was useless for us)
  • True barracks think it was 15 minutes I read
  • Not actually bothered if we sign either of these two or not. It's just the way we seem to do things.
  • Now we are looking to do a loan deal with an obligation to buy apparently.

• If i was Brentford know what i would do
  • Shambles the whole way Sully and Co do business does nothing but show the club in a bad light , endless leaked stories ,failed bids for high profile players and deadline day scrambles. Anyone would think Sullivan has shares in Newsnow :-)
  • I can't t see how you can offer £25m ( if papers are to be believed) and when everything is agreed you change tact at the last minute. If someone tried to buy something off me like that then I'd tell them where to go. I don't blame them for trying a loan with obligation to buy but surely that should have been discussed first?
  • edited October 2020
    There are two sides to a negotiation. Perhaps Brenford said sale or nothing. And if you were trying to sell me a car that was then to spring an oil leak I think I would come back and renegotiate.
  • Loan with obligation to buy is just another way of paying in instalments with only a v small amount up front isn’t it?

Comes as no surprise. It’s how we have apparently structured every other bid we have tried for over the summer isn’t it? Maybe that is the key reason for the lack of success with bigger transfers this summer?

More fool Brentford for ever thinking that they would actually get the bulk of the £25m fee up front in cash. Many West Ham fans could have told them this was never gonna happen.
  • I’m going to put myself out there and give sully a huge benefit of doubt

Perhaps he is trying to switch it to loan with obligation to buy so that it will allow him to swoop late and buy King aswell?
  • the dealine is an hour away can't see them getting a deal done for King seeing as they still have n't managed to do a deal for Benrahma yet
  • Still.....exciting isn't it?
  • I prematurely added Benrahma to my spreadsheet on Wednesday, so I'll take the blame for this one, guys.
  • Guardian saying loan is done
  • I do wanna know whats going on...as I'm not just gonna jump on the bandwagon because people are taking every tweet as fact without any proof

But this looks like its an absolute shambles
  • I do wanna know whats going on...as I'm not just gonna jump on the bandwagon because people are taking every tweet as fact without any proof

You sound surprised😢

It doesn’t look good does it? It’s one thing trying to haggle and get a good deal, but surely you need to maintain some integrity and professionalism. The way I see it

Spurs
    Sporting Lisbon
    Brentford

Are three clubs who will not now want to do business with us going forward.
  • baracks, integrity and professionalism when dealing with GSB?

It doesn’t look good does it? It’s one thing trying to haggle and get a good deal, but surely you need to maintain some integrity and professionalism. The way I see it

Spurs
    Sporting Lisbon
    Brentford

No not at all

And now we are 10 minutes from the deadline and we don't know whats happening....
  • If it is Sullivan et al causing this and the player is the pawn in this little lot he must be wondering what he’s letting himself in for.
  • edited October 2020

I do wanna know whats going on...as I'm not just gonna jump on the bandwagon because people are taking every tweet as fact without any proof

Spurs
    Sporting Lisbon
    Brentford

Add Frankfurt to that list after we defaulted on the Haller payments twice.
  • Does this alleged restructured deal mean Brentford will only get their money (starting from) Jun 21, but that Salthouse will still get what is owed to him on day 1?
This discussion has been closed.