Transfer Deadline Day: It's weird because it's October

Comments

• Back in for King then what could go wrong :-)
  • King. Meh!
  • There is no time for a perm deal for King as there will be a lengthy medical involved. And it will only be a perm deal that Bournemouth would consider
  • Hamstew said:

How does so much information come out regarding the medical?

The nurse gets a brown envelope from Rosie =)
  • This what happens when leaving things to the last minute........ Jeeze, I sound like my Mum!
  • I hate this year's transfer window so much.
  • On the bright side we save 30 mill,And in jan when Rice goes we will have over 100 mil to spend =)
  • Hamstew said:

How does so much information come out regarding the medical?

Sullivan, obvs.

This reeks of him creating more deadline day drama. Bowen's deal was dragged out til past the 11pm deadline in January, if you remember. It's either being done to ensure there's no time to get any other deals done and Benrahma will be announced just before 5pm, or it's all just a game to keep Sullivan's name in the press.

We've had three months to get deals done, so there are no excuses for not getting one of Benrahma or King over the line.
  • Comedy last minute stuff from the club :)
  • edited October 2020
    steve said:

Could only happen to us

Asa Hartford springs to mind...

To be honest if it doesn't happen I won't be too fussed
  • steve said:

Could only happen to us

Asa Hartford springs to mind...
    Yes, that was the type of thing that came to mind.
  • We signed Carroll who was literally injured at the time. Yet Benrahma played a million games for Brentford last season. Sounds fishy.
  • His minutes-per-goal ratio is among the most prolific in the history of the Premier League.

Guess Who?
  • His minutes-per-goal ratio is among the most prolific in the history of the Premier League.

Guess Who?

Easy. Marlon Harewood.
  • Hamstew said:

We signed Carroll who was literally injured at the time. Yet Benrahma played a million games for Brentford last season. Sounds fishy.

Still think he'll sign.

Sullivan wants to look like he's pulled one out of the bag and will hope we'll all be so grateful that we finally got Benrahma that we'll forget about the lack of investment elsewhere in the squad.
  • Blood test results are iffy, apparently
  • Hamstew said:

We signed Carroll who was literally injured at the time. Yet Benrahma played a million games for Brentford last season. Sounds fishy.

Still think he'll sign.

Sullivan wants to look like he's pulled one out of the bag and will hope we'll all be so grateful that we finally got Benrahma that we'll forget about the lack of investment elsewhere in the squad.
    I will be grateful if we sign Benrahma, just as I'm grateful for Bowen, Soucek, Dawson and Coufal. We've signed good players recently who are improving the squad. I know the squad remains imbalanced but it's not going to be fixed in a window or two - it will need more time than that.

I'm also grateful we are in the Premier League and have been for years, and grateful that we aren't one of the many, many clubs who are wondering if they will still be in business by January.

So I think we have a lot more to be grateful for than not, but that's just me.
  • The difference between the Mirror and Athletic is so big. They both have the same information but one pretending the it will collapse and omitting information, the other saying it's a little problem but the deal will probably happen. I doubt any of David Ornstein's information isn't available to the Mirror.
  • Apparently this was the test he failed on. =)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=C4SIEjo2EII
  • lots of rumours flying now from
    -We want to negotiate a lower price.
    -To a loan deal with an Obligation to buy.
    -To the deal is off.
    -To he will sign by the 5pm deadline.
  • Its doing my head in O.o
  • Add to the list

- want to change the structure to only pay £3m up front, the rest over 5 years
  • From here on out David Moyes should have his own team handling all transfers
  • He must feel pretty low at the moment if his dream of premier league football is taken from his grasp at the last minute
  • ANOTHER TWIST IN BENRAHMA MEDICAL

David Moyes says it is NOT the case that Said Benrahma has failed his medical. Elements of it are still ongoing and he is hopeful the deal will get done.

He said: “No that’s not correct he hasn’t failed his medical and we are still hopeful that something can be done later today possibly but I just can’t guarantee that at this moment in time.

“It’s one of those things that you don’t talk about people’s medicals because that’s something that has to be done and its private as it would be for anybody. So I am not going to discuss his medical but we still have hope that we can get it done today.

“These things happen in football they happen all the time – but we’ll see.”
  • This is such a 'only at West Ham' scenario
  • You can't back out on a deal in the 11th hour.....and restructuring the deal is backing out

This would be a real low point
  • This saga makes Boris's Covid plans seem simple
This discussion has been closed.