• Has he signed yet ?
    Has he signed yet ?
    Has he signed yet ?
    Has he signed yet ?
    Has he signed yet ?
    Has he signed yet ?
    What about now ?
  • I'm getting twitchy
  • I know a lot of people aren't keen on him , so controversial as it may be, What do people think about Danny Rose as back up? I believe he's about to become a free agent out if contract
  • Bournemouth in a bit of a tight spot aren’t they? Holding out for a high fee for king which no-one will pay - not even everton I reckon. After 5pm, it will be only 10 weeks until King can sign a pre contract with whomever he wants and Bournemouth will get nothing.
  • yoyo said:

I know a lot of people aren't keen on him , so controversial as it may be, What do people think about Danny Rose as back up? I believe he's about to become a free agent out if contract

In the position we're in, I'd take him. Better rounded full-back than our current two, though I think Masuaku might be a better LWB.
  • Bournemouth in a bit of a tight spot aren’t they? Holding out for a high fee for king which no-one will pay - not even everton I reckon. After 5pm, it will be only 10 weeks until King can sign a pre contract with whomever he wants and Bournemouth will get nothing.

Guess they are going to take the risk that keeping King increases the chances of automatic promotion, which would be far more lucrative then the money they'd get for him this year

Think they've started the season pretty well

Not quite -

Can Premier League players agree pre-contracts with other Premier League clubs?

Premier League players can agree pre-contracts with any club in England, but only up to one month before the expiry of their current deals (effectively meaning pre-contracts can only be agreed at the end of a season).

They can sign a pre contract with a foreign club at 6 months prior to end of their contract.
  • Yes Herb, am sure that is right

He may want to try his hand in Europe, who knows?
  • I think he' still thinks United fancy him.

Phew. A lot of thoughts went into that. 🤓
  • He’s definitely hankering for Man Utd

Still, I guess if he prefers a club hovering over the relegation zone over a club like, say, West Ham that’s his choice I guess.

• alderz said:

As long as one man can cover the position for the entire season without missing any football at all, it will be fine. You must recognise that that is a risk?

I know where Cresswell has played all season, I’ve watched the games and I look at the stats as much as you do. But I think it’s pretty clear from my post, and most posts by anyone on this subject, that I am referring to him being the only LWB backup.

Cresswell isn't the only alternative, Johnson can play either side but Masuaku doesn't have a bad injury record, the last time he was missing for any length of time was 4 years ago under Bilic.

We've got three (maybe two and a half) players who can play on the left of defence, I can understand why Moyes didn't think he'd be able to justify shelling out on another LB to the board unless someone came in with an offer for either Arthur or Cresswell.

Until its a problem I'm not going to worry about it
  • edited October 2020

Who fails a West Ham medical?

Same guy who tweeted deal was off earlier this week...while Ex is suggesting deal is almost done.
  • Haha Wilshire and Carroll can pass one, unless he literally has a wooden leg i don't see how you could fail a medical at West Ham.
  • Yeold, woodworm??
  • I mean, it could be a clickbait article from the Mirror.

Equally, it would be very West Ham if we drag a deal out until the second deadline day only for the player to fail a medical 😄
  • It could be Sullivan pulling the plug.
  • Dr Sullivan?
  • He must have tripped and turned his ankle whilst going into one of the portacabins at Rush Green
  • If he’s failed a medical he wouldn’t be the first or last injured player we’ve signed Wiltshire Carroll dyer to name but a few sign him up and offer him more 😂😂
  • ISSUES WITH BENRAHMA MEDICAL

Sky Sports News has been told there were issues with Said Benrahma’s medical. 

West Ham are still working on doing a deal for the Brentford forward before the 5pm deadline.

• Could only happen to us
  • edited October 2020
    He’s apparently passed his first part and failed the second. And the second part is being re-tested supposedly - they probably need to wait for the person who did Jack’s medical to arrive to do the retest
  • Regarding Hernandez, I was recently talking to a guy from Mexico who, in his opinion, was the "luckiest player ever", and "totally overrated".

Ive spent a lot of time in Mexico -even played footie there. Never met one person that rated him. The Mexicans in the USA are his main fan base. Not sure how long that will last now they are seeing his performances in the MLS

• edited October 2020
    The second part is more difficult. He has to rub his stomach in a circular motion while patting his head, balance on one leg and say the alphabet backwards
  • How does so much information come out regarding the medical?
  • yoyo said:

The second part is more difficult. He has to rub his stomach in a circular motion while patting his head, balance on one leg and say the alphabet backwards

Maybe the second part is a multiple choice theory paper?
  • Maybe Fornals has sabotaged it
This discussion has been closed.