Transfer Deadline Day: It's weird because it's October

Comments

• Perm Deal to loan with obligation to loan. Brentford should just tell GSB to get on their bike. what a tidal wave of negotiations on deadline day.
  • yoyo said:

Benrahma, right back and centre back cover with minimal outlay, you must admit it's shrewd wheeling and dealing. I just want to see the photo of Benrahma posing in an Irons shirt then we can get behind the team and move on

Not really. It just kicks the can down the road. Next summer we'll now need to replace Benrahma and Dawson, as well as Noble and whoever else is out of contract.
  • Yeold, I thought it was a loan with an obligation to buy from Brentford & to sign from Benrahma?
  • apparently they argued about the loan with obligation and now its loan with option. they have proper swindled brentford
  • They've managed to dodge spending again haha. Unbelievable! On a positive maybe it means they are selling up.
  • Loan with option is a common way to do business. How have we swindled Brentford? There was an issue with the medical so why take the risk? Anyway i though you supported West Ham and not Brentford.
  • edited October 2020
    Loan with an obligation to buy it is, according to Ex and a few others. £4m up front, £21m at the end of the season with £5m potential add-ons.
  • Yep that seems a bit better. Why is it so higgledy piggledy though? Like not just this but everything?
  • Hamstew said:

Yep that seems a bit better. Why is it so higgledy piggledy though? Like not just this but everything?

• Maybe the 'alleged' new owners will pick up the £21m bill. Who knows?
  • edited October 2020
    If you ignore the fact that we will be on Brentford’s black list for the future, this is a very good deal for West Ham (?) and Brentford have been done over good and proper. Had it been known before today that a loan without obligation was an option, I would imagine a host of other clubs, including Zaha FC would have been circling. You could argue sully has pulled one out of the bag using some interesting tactics

Pressure is really on the player to deliver, because if he doesn’t, then he will be sent back and his chance of a Prem pay day will be gone forever.

Scratch all of above if it is an obligation to buy.
  • Just seeing that picture sent a shiver down my spine and haunt my dreams. Let's see how you like it OCS!
  • Yea I don't really like how it's happened

But this seems to take a lot of the risk off this deal

Hes great we can activate the clause (like Soucek) but if he's not he will leave as Anderson comes back and we haven't just wasted £30mil
  • Del boy and Rodney
  • Champo

It sounds like it is an obligation to buy. We’d better not get relegated I guess!
  • edited October 2020
    Hamstew said:

Just seeing that picture sent a shiver down my spine and haunt my dreams. Let's see how you like it OCS!

• edited October 2020
    More like muppets
  • So did he actually fail any part of the medical or not??...

Moyes said he hadn’t, but then went on to say he didn’t want to discuss a medical as it is private?
  • Awesome!!

Jeez that was dramatic
  • So do we have to buy him? If so what's the point of it saying loan?
  • What does it matter?
  • Alls well that ends well......
  • For fellow shirt number geeks, OS article states he'll be wearing No9.
  • Something doesn’t feel right about it to me. Hope it all works out well
  • edited October 2020
    WHU, Apologies but can you explain this to me - Hes great we can activate the clause (like Soucek) but if he's not he will leave as Anderson comes back and we haven't just wasted £30mil. The deal is an obligation to buy so won't we be spending the money next year?
  • If he does better than Anderson then it is a good signing. I assume he will be pushing to play Instead of Fornals.
  • The guardian reckons the deal is not totally obligatory but based on further medical tests?
  • Sounds sensible if the medical uncovered a potential risk.

Great deal and a very exciting player. Well done to the club.
This discussion has been closed.