Transfer Deadline Day: It's weird because it's October

Comments

• ...and some moaned about paying a kid that kind of wage.
  • edited October 2020
    Herb, I know, it's crazy ain't it. This wage disparity must cause at least a little resentment, wouldn't you think.
    Are there any extras that are paid to some of the lower-salaried players, like appearance bonus, win bonus, that kind of thing?
  • They really did just throw buckets of money with no planning on those signings
  • They need to address Rice's contract pretty soon. There's every chance he will be in demand in the January / next summer window.
  • Sully has already said they won't look at Rice's contract until Jan at the earliest
  • Probably offer him less than he’s on already knowing these clowns 🤡
  • £100k per week, but £1 upfront and instalments every six months
  • If they loan out Anderson so they can give an extra £100k a week to Rice then tbh I don’t mind it
  • We must of saved over £500k a week in wages in this window so there should be some spare for Rice, and that's before Anderson goes.
  • I do think it’s important to remember that Wilshere’s wages haven’t been saved, as such, they’ve just been paid up front.

If it’s true that he has been paid £4m to leave, and was earning £100k per week, then that is 40 weeks of wages paid off.

There were 38 weeks left on his contract, so we’ve essentially saved 2 weeks of Wilshere’s wages, and about 38 weeks in physio therapist time.
  • That's 200 grand going begging, I'll have it!
  • yoyo said:

That's 200 grand going begging, I'll have it!

Get in the queue =)
  • Once we finally address the problems of lanzini, Yarmo and anderson and their wages, finally the club will start to have a vaguely sensible and merited pay structure.
  • Once we finally address the problems of lanzini, Yarmo and anderson and their wages, finally the club will start to have a vaguely sensible and merited pay structure.

Add Haller to that list! Imagine Antonio leaving a lot of them destitute if wages were merit based
  • Has anyone seen anything about what we may be getting for Anderson, like how much (if any) of his wages will they be covering? Will we get a loan fee? Will there be an option or obligation to buy?

Seems very light on detail from the reports I've read
  • That's a fair point. We do need a good sort out from top to bottom...... emphasis on the TOP
  • I read we paid 85% of his outstanding wages so that would be a £600k saving (40 x £100k x85%)

And easier to sell the club to new investors I guess
  • IronHerb said:

I read we paid 85% of his outstanding wages so that would be a £600k saving (40 x £100k x85%)

Also worth considering that most players get appearance bonuses (sometimes bonuses for just being included in the 18) or bonuses for not getting relegated etc
  • Bearing in mind the amount of players we have had that have orchestrated a move away I think Rice should come in for a huge amount of praise for not doing so. He could easily have made it really difficult to keep him and destroyed the dressing room if being denied a move by sulking. If he has shown such character and is on £30k per week then the club should in my view move his wages up to 70-80k as a gesture so that his value to the first eleven is at least partly reflected in his pay.

It must have been tempting to hand in a transfer request for a club that you would imagine would have offered £100k plus before negotiations even began.
  • Rumblings on KUMB about a takeover.
  • If only 🤞🤞🤞, but I'm not holding my breath
  • Don’t buy that for one minute

Add Haller to that list! Imagine Antonio leaving a lot of them destitute if wages were merit based
    Yes good shout, forgot about Haller

Says a lot about Antonio that he goes about his business impressively with a smile on his face whilst others are moping around on the sidelines getting paid far more than him.

Can you imagine if we had gone through with selling him to Palace a few windows ago!

Yes good shout, forgot about Haller

Says a lot about Antonio that he goes about his business impressively with a smile on his face whilst others are moping around on the sidelines getting paid far more than him.

Can you imagine if we had gone through with selling him to Palace a few windows ago!
    Think that's what is called a championship hype around here...
  • Yeold if we had to not spend £30M on transfers to cut running costs for a sale then it suggests the buyer, if they exist, would not be a step up.
  • The two David's friend Jim White said on Talksport earlier today when discussing our lack of transfers this window that the owners had put in £30 million to keep us afloat?
  • IF we need be kept afloat despite selling the ground and paying a very small rent whilst spurs have financed a very impressive stadium then their whole running of the club must be questioned.
  • The two David's friend Jim White said on Talksport earlier today when discussing our lack of transfers this window that the owners had put in £30 million to keep us afloat?

That's correct. They had a £30m rights issue a couple of months ago to keep the business viable.
This discussion has been closed.