Transfer Deadline Day: It's weird because it's October

Comments

• Covid may well be a factor, but a key reason why the cash ran out was (IMO) due to years of wasting money on useless ineffectual signings, and being terrible at recouping much when it come to moving players on (Alderz’ analysis). It must surely catch up with you at some point, even if this is a cash rich league?

They are just not very good at running a football club on a variety of fronts.
  • sold upton park, cheap rent behind on payments not sound it seems as a business model and the training ground is not state of the art
  • They are just not very good at running a football club on a variety of fronts.

This is it in a nutshell. The only reason they bought us was to make money out of the move to a new stadium that would make us more saleable. Their day to day running of the club has been nothing short of abysmal, but they'll still walk away pocketing hundreds of millions of pounds as a result of selling us down the river with the move to the OS.

• The thought of those two in charge really makes my skin crawl I wish they’d sell up as soon as
  • and Anderson now gone to Porto on loan for the season
  • And watch him become a worldie again
  • Still wanna know the finances invovled, can't say I'm upset about this, think he's been dire for about 18 months

The only thing I've heard is there is no option to buy

No mention of wages paid or loan fee

This isn't like Wilshere, Anderson was our backup winger, he needs replacing

Obviously Benrahma is the obvious option, but can't see us dropping £30mil for him

Hopefully we go after Bright Samuel
  • edited October 2020
    Hate to say it (again), but this now makes losing Diangana look even worse.

It also reduces our 1st team squad (apart from u21's, which admittedly does include Rice) to just 19 players.

G&S simply have no shame.
  • It seems that this club runs in spite of our owners not because of them. The last two premier league wins were excellent. A little more investment could have helped us to avoid a relegation battle again. The squad is so thin we let lots of players go but still have Noble. How can this club not find a replacement who has a bit of vision and pace . Ridiculous.
  • Hate to say it (again), but this now makes losing Diangana look even worse.

It also reduces our 1st team squad (apart from u21's, which admittedly does include Rice) to just 19 players.

G&S simply have no shame.

We don’t play wingers anymore though. Yarma and Lanzini are more than good enough to be Bowen’s back up

• Thinking about it Grady would be a much better back-up!
  • You know it wouldn’t be so bad all these departures if these pair of clowns 🤡 had something lined up but it probably be another leaver
  • lets hope we are covid free for a while as it wont take much for the team to be like the one big Sam fielded into Forest
  • Maybe moyes as someone lined up from the championship to take Anderson’s place in the squad but imo seriously makes dianganas sale more of a mockery
  • Still wanna know the finances invovled, can't say I'm upset about this, think he's been dire for about 18 months

The only thing I've heard is there is no option to buy

No mention of wages paid or loan fee

This isn't like Wilshere, Anderson was our backup winger, he needs replacing

Obviously Benrahma is the obvious option, but can't see us dropping £30mil for him

Hopefully we go after Bright Samuel

I think Benrahma will be cheaper. He seemed set on leaving and Brentford's model has been selling their big players and reinvesting it well, so I think they were kind of set on him leaving. Not sure how far they'll drop but they might not stick to their original value.

I still don't think it would make sense to sell Grady and buy him, though I think he has a little of the unpredictable Payet quality.
  • @Yeoldhammer : "Update on #whufc Price agreed in principle with 🇺🇸. Buyers concluding local business first before proceeding. Deal to be finalised before year end.Transfer window activity to reduce running costs for higher valuation"

Want to reduce running costs? Here is how. Don't pay the board of directors any salary or any other financial reward. After all, they have not met any of their performance targets; poor judgment in appointing Manuel Pellegrini, Gianfranco Zola, Avram Grant and other low-calibre, past their best, managers; wasted vast sums on mediocre players; poor training ground. Would this board have survived in any forward looking company?
  • West Ham were so desperate to sign England defender Fikayo Tomori, 22, on loan that they offered to pay Chelsea £50,000 every time he did not play for the Hammers, but the deal still collapsed. (Talksport)

This is from bbc gossip page.

If true this is such a barrow boy move.

Each player should earn their place in the team and if Sully was moaning about having to pay £50k to travel to Everton the the cup I feel sure he would have been asking his manager to put Tomori on for the last five minutes to save 50k were he not in the starting line up.

Run a club that good players want to play for and incentivise through money and ambition, not silly deals like this.
  • Deal to be finalised before year end.Transfer window activity to reduce running costs for higher valuation"

Would imagine reduced transfer activity was a clause the Americans put in to stop Sullivan making ego buys that would cost them down the line
  • Sooooo...

Top 3 Office characters:

Dwight
    Kevin
    Michael

Dwight
    Michael
    Prison Mike
    Darryl
    Kevin
    Micheal

Fave episode:
    Darryl negotiating for a raise; Michael accidentally wears ladies clothes.
  • I read something in a German paper yesterday that Leipzig are sueing Leeds for an obligation to buy which wasn't taken. They wanted to offload the player, it was agreed that Leeds would have to buy if the got promoted but they claim that the clause ended on June 30th but they only got promoted after that.

Nice to see that it is not always us who are in the papers for stuff like this.
  • I don't think Moyes is going to bring in anyone who isn't an improvement on the players we already have, he made a poor decision with Hugill and won't want to repeat that mistake.

He's got a long term plan and he's not going to be panicked into buying a player just to be seen to be doing something.
  • We have until the 16th to sign some players. I will not voice my displeasure until then on the lack of signings. The squad is currently short on players that we need to make our current formation work.
  • So according to C&H, Porto will pay the entirety of Anderson wages plus a 'substantial loan fee

Dunno what a substantial loan fee is, but in my eyes thats likely between £3mil to £5mil, most likely the lower end of that

Think it makes sense in this respect, Anderson makes approx £5mil per year from his basic salary alone, not including any clauses he gets for appearances, sub roles, goals etc.

And hopefully he does do well, which he could, because it'll attract potential suitors next summer

I agree with ASLEF, I don't think Moyes will try to get in players who won't improve us, and based off his track record since resigning for us hes done exactly that

We keep talking about the Championship, but wonder if there are some good deals to be had in league 1
  • Knowing how clueless our board is, we’d have been paying Chelsea an extra £50k for tomori not playing even when we played Chelsea.
  • So according to C&H, Porto will pay the entirety of Anderson wages plus a 'substantial loan fee

Dunno what a substantial loan fee is, but in my eyes thats likely between £3mil to £5mil, most likely the lower end of that

Think it makes sense in this respect, Anderson makes approx £5mil per year from his basic salary alone, not including any clauses he gets for appearances, sub roles, goals etc.

C&H also stated yesterday (before the Anderson deal was completed) that we had a £30m in the kitty. Are we to assume that the £8m-10m we'd be getting directly and indirectly for Anderson will be added to that pot? So a £40m budget? Will probably need all of that given the premium that EFL clubs will add to their valuations now that the domestic window is the only option for clubs still looking to bring in players.

We keep talking about the Championship, but wonder if there are some good deals to be had in league 1

I think the League 1 to PL step up is probably too big. Can't think of many (any?) players that have successfully made that leap.
  • I know, let's just pay them 50k anyway =)
  • I think the League 1 to PL step up is probably too big. Can't think of many (any?) players that have successfully made that leap.

Dele Ali
  • Brush 😂😂😂😂
  • edited October 2020
    Winston Reid's loan finishes on 31 December unless Kansas City want to make his transfer permanent. Providing our CBs can stay fit for the next 12 weeks we might not need another one.
This discussion has been closed.