NINE down - 11 to go. (Managers, that is.) ... (27.02.2022)

edited February 2022 in Other Players & Staff
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58778752
They don’t hang about do they?
They make Chelsea look positively patient with their managers.

Comments

• Only 2 more Watford managers untill Xmas.
  • Watford have always been quick to pull the trigger.
  • I thought they gave him plenty of time (more time than Ranieri will get) :)
  • Gino Pozzo bought Watford in June 2012, he sacked Sean Dyche in July and since then there have been 14 permanent managers (plus Hayden Mullins as caretaker twice)

Longest serving was Javi Gracia, 594 days and 66 matches

By comparison Moyes's second spell with us is now 648 days and 75 matches

I know we complain about our owners but...
  • It’s crazy though isn’t it? All clubs want to win stuff but the turn over of managers is getting to the point where they’re given seven games?
    It’s no wonder kids find a hard path through to the first team, the manager just can’t take the risk these days so he goes and buys a ready made player for that position.
    You have got to be exceptional ( I.e Declan) to to break that mould.

Sad really.

• Not a shock …
    Bruce sacked by the Toon
  • O.o Never saw that coming.

• Interestingly, he had almost identical record to Rafa during his time at Newcastle. 90 points over the space or two years. Newcastle will need a good window in January & that won’t be splashing the cash. They need to make sure they are not adrift by Jan as they will need to buy solid players who are willing to come to a side at the bottom & hope they all gel.

I personally can see this going very badly & they end up relegated.
  • Lets hope so
  • “By the time I got to Newcastle, I thought I could handle everything thrown at me but it has been very, very tough. To never really be wanted, to feel that people wanted me to fail, to read people constantly saying I would fail, that I was useless, a fat waste of space, a stupid, tactically inept cabbage-head or whatever. And it was from day one.

This Telegraph interview is brutal https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/10/20/steve-bruce-sacked-newcastle-reveals-hard-called-inept-cabbage/?utm_content=football&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1634722848
  • Remember, though, the Newcastle fans deserve success and we should all be really pleased for them.
  • Bookies have made Paulo Fonseca odds on favourite. Spurs were after him in the summer but allegedly it fell apart over certain tax benefits he gets in Italy that he wouldn't get in the UK

Lucien Favre and Eddie Howe next.
  • Lukerz said:

Interestingly, he had almost identical record to Rafa during his time at Newcastle. 90 points over the space or two years. Newcastle will need a good window in January & that won’t be splashing the cash. They need to make sure they are not adrift by Jan as they will need to buy solid players who are willing to come to a side at the bottom & hope they all gel.

Yes, those new solid players will need time to bedouin ;)
  • You get this many points for a win, remember?

• edited October 2021
    Perhaps this thread should now read 2nd one gone =)
  • edited October 2021
    Good point.
  • https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/58984256

"Newcastle United is kindly asking supporters to refrain from wearing traditional Arabic clothing or Middle East-inspired head coverings at matches if they would not ordinarily wear such attire.
  • By Saturday all the tea towels in Newcastle will have been returned to the kitchen...
  • Lukerz said:

Interestingly, he had almost identical record to Rafa during his time at Newcastle. 90 points over the space or two years. Newcastle will need a good window in January & that won’t be splashing the cash. They need to make sure they are not adrift by Jan as they will need to buy solid players who are willing to come to a side at the bottom & hope they all gel.

Ooh I really hope so. All this “ It’s a special club stuff “ really grates on me.
    Guess what ? So are West Ham, Ipswich,Southend or any other club you could mention TO THEIR FANS!
    I hope it all blows up in their faces.

• Looks like it will be an ‘until the end of the season’ appointment as they want a manager with PL experience to ensure survival.

Eddie Howe?
  • edited October 2021
    No way would the new owners do that. It has to be a manager with PL experience, experience managing sides near the bottom, playing good football.

It also helps that Eddie Howe is likeable & has previous with Wilson & Fraser.

He’s also a manager who will potentially be happy to see out the season but also has longer term potential if he does well, whereas somebody like Sam doesn’t.

Seems like that’s where your money should be going, if you’re a betting person.
  • $20 says BFS.
  • Eddie Howe would get a nosebleed and then take leave for Southampton
  • Ronald Koeman was sacked by Barcelona last night after they lost to newly promoted Rayo Vallecano. Barcelona are currently 9th!

Reports are that Xavi Hernandez, currently manager at Qatari club Al Sadd, has been offered the job and has accepted.
  • An international break is on the horizon. Is Nuno next to go?
  • MrsGrey said:

An international break is on the horizon. Is Nuno next to go?

It's looking very much that way.
  • How do you replace your 7th choice manager after a few months? 😬
  • The Tottenham fans want rid of Daniel Levy which really isn’t good news for NES, is it?
  • The Tottenham fans want rid of Daniel Levy which really isn’t good news for NES, is it?

Levy is Joe Lewis's man, it doesn't matter what the fans want, it's what Joe Lewis wants.

As ridiculous as West Ham fans chanting "sack the board"

Utter stupidity