NINE down - 11 to go. (Managers, that is.) ... (27.02.2022)

Comments

• Looks like Nuno is on the way out. That’s a shame. He’s doing a great job.
  • three down he has gone, who wants the job, I can do it for free >:)
  • Damn, he's gone
  • give me the job, we are missing Kane's obvious talent as a GK.
  • West Ham are the catalyst for ending jobs. =)
  • How embarrassing. Good though.
  • Maybe they'll poach the Norwich manager =)
  • BFS is available
  • Wilder and McCarthy come to mind. 🙏
  • Looks like Conte is the man but isn't he a more of a Mourinho type manager?
  • Bfs would probably not be all that fussed about the cup.
  • IronHerb said:

Looks like Conte is the man but isn't he a more of a Mourinho type manager?

Don't get this link, Conte rejected them in the Summer cant see what's changed to make it more appealing to him now
  • I read somewhere over the weekend that Conte won't take over mid-season, wants a pre-season - which makes sense from his perspective.
  • €15m a year I saw somewhere.   
  • IronHerb said:

Looks like Conte is the man but isn't he a more of a Mourinho type manager?

Don't get this link, Conte rejected them in the Summer cant see what's changed to make it more appealing to him now
    He rejected them because Levy wouldn’t meet his terms. If Levy goes back to him cap in hand, he only makes Conte’s negotiation position stronger.
  • Thread title updated
  • Better stay close alderz.Villa and Norwich might not been far behind for 4 and 5
  • My mum used to tell us kids “ never mock the afflicted “.
    Sorry mum -😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
  • I get the feeling Eddie Howe has been promised the England job. I feel sure he would have been snapped up by now.
  • We all have our opinions and reasons why for X,Y and Z obviously but I cant see Eddie Howes appeal for any big club. I just dont think he has the nous (maybe it'll come with experience) to get his team playing in an organized, adaptable (system wise) way especially defensively. His Bournemouth teams played attractive football but there was never any plan B or improvement in being hard to break down or being flexible in systems. Just what I think, maybe I am wrong but he just doesnt strike me as a good pick for a Prem Manager (yet)
  • I get the feeling Eddie Howe has been promised the England job. I feel sure he would have been snapped up by now.

I'm can't remember where I saw it but I'm sure I read that Howe interviewed for and effectively got the job for a northern(?) club in the summer. Then last minute pulled out as didnt want to move his settled family.

I think rumours were he's waiting out for the Southampton job, but I reckon he'd take a prem LDN team if offered.
  • I don't remember Howe being very good in the transfer market. I know they didn't spent tonnes overall but quite big amounts were spent on players like Solanke and Lerma. I feel like they partly went down because they never brought in any good players. Sometimes that's where some really good coaches can fall down and what can stop them from being good at a top level.
  • Everton 2 down ,how long will Rafa get ,This is fun when its not about us =)
  • Looked it up and apparently it was the Celtic job Howe was supposedly offered, and latterly turned down.

Agree that his transfers often didn't really push them on. However, in his defence, Bournemouth was a hard place to attract players to, and not much money to both purchase and for wages offered.

Also, while Solanke did basically nothing for them in the prem, he has got 13 goals in 16 games so far this season.

Much prefer Moyes, mind!
  • Ibe for 15M was another 'Solanke' success transfer too.
  • BBC gossip are stating Nuno gets severance payout of 14m but they could have sacked him at the end of the season for nothing had he failed to finish in the top 6.

They also suggest Conte wants around 237m transfer budget and has 6 Serie A players on his list. It could work but it could very easily go pear shape if he tries import 6 all at once The Premiership is not Serie A as our game against Villa showed, fast, relentless and physical.

Had he given Poch proper backing I think they would be in a very different place at present.
  • I cant see Spurs spending anywhere near that sort of money and its only an 18 month contract hardly a ringing endorsement of the manager chopping and changing manager brings its own problems new players to bed in etc. Still its spurs so its quite funny
  • £237m is a very specific amount, very odd. Still this puts the "savvy businessman" reputation for Levy to bed. Conte seems to have got everything he wants that funnily enough wasn't available three or four months ago. Still it will be nice to beat a third Spurs manager in 10 months. 😎
  • Jamie O'Hara busy on social media telling the world that Spurs are back.

5000 days to the day that they last lifted a trophy, it's hard to see where they were in the first place for them to be 'back'.

Conte is obviously a good manager, and he probably will improve them, but I really, really want to finish above them again this season.