NINE down - 11 to go. (Managers, that is.) ... (27.02.2022)

Comments

• I was thinking more your bum cheeks/top of your thigh.
  • That’s an awkward comment to be at the top of a page.
  • That’s an awkward comment to be at the top of a page.

How I wish that we could have multiple "Made me laughs"
    Brilliant comment Outcast, workmates looking at me like I'm a looney after an outburst of giggles
  • I never get to be top of the page and the time I do, I get there with possibly the worst comment of all time hahaha
  • After a nice pay off, Steve Bruce in the crowd in Abu Dhabi watching the cricket semi final. Looking very chilled, no more aggro coming his way . Good on ya Brucie, you enjoy it.
  • Don't think he was relying on the pay off to take a holiday in Abu Dhabi.
  • I'm blaming Brucie for the defeat! Bruce out!
  • Gerrard has joined Villa. I sort of want them to go down more now?
  • edited November 2021
    Villa ,Newcastle,Burnley for me now
  • Norwich are definitely going down so at least one of those will survive (I think Villa and Burnley will do, fwiw)
  • I kind of hope Lampard joins Norwich now and keeps them up or at least finishes above Gerrard.
  • I kind of hope Lampard joins Norwich now and keeps them up or at least finishes above Gerrard.

Nah, 19th & 20th would do just fine, any order =)
  • I don't particularly have a love of either player or team but it's good to see young English managers get their chance in the premier,rather than overrated foreign managers on their 3rd chance.
  • I think both Lampard and Gerrard will have their metal tested at Villa and Norwich. I think they are very different tests to Rangers and Chelsea. I see Gerrard as a motivator, he commands respect due to who he was as a player and his personality, but in the Premiership he is up against some of the best managers in the world, who understand tactics and can set a team up better than anyone else. He will need more than spirited team talks.
  • Gerrard will want a lot more possession, average 63.2% with Rangers this season compared to Villa's 47.3% but then he's playing against a higher level of opposition.

Dean Smith being touted as possible Norwich manager: what is the record for the shortest time between losing one Premier League job and getting another?
  • Your asking us ASLEF =)
  • Challenge accepted
  • And the winner is...

Our very own Alan Pardew

Sacked by the Icelandics on 11 December 2006
    Feet under the desk at Charlton 24 December 2006
    A record 13 days without a job

In second place is Wonderful Woy Hodgson

Left Liverpool on a mutual on 8 January 2011
    Signed for WBA 11 February 2011`
    34 days

And its a tie for third

Sparky Hughes
    Sacked by Stoke 6 January 2018
    Hired by Saints 14 March 2018

Nigel Adkins
    Sacked Saints 18 January 2013
    Hired by Reading 26 March 2013

67 days each

I'm spare tonight, 2:48pm - 11:18pm and so far no one has called in sick so I'm just sitting here on the office PC.
  • edited November 2021
    I know Pards a bit through a mate and the man is absolutely minted.

Never feel sorry for a sacked premier league manager.
  • Lampard has decided he's not interested in the Norwich job

So it's Kjetil Knutsen or Dean Smith (eight days to beat Pards' record)
  • Deam smith could also be in line for the Rangers job ,Does that count
  • Nah, has to be a Premier League gig
  • edited November 2021
    I wonder how the rangers fans feel, one of the two the biggest clubs in Scotland to lose your manager to a club in danger of relegation in the PL.
  • I wonder how the rangers fans feel, one of the two the biggest clubs in Scotland to lose your manager to a club in danger of relegation in the PL.

Reality bites… But Excuse any Scottish Hammers…..
  • Your excused Jay! (Some of the more educated Scots dislike Rangers AND Celtic).
    😜🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿⚒
  • edited November 2021
    Dwight Yorke moaning that he wasn't considered for the Villa job. He's just done his coaching badges, he applied but didn't get a reply back. I'm not sure what he expected, he retired ages ago, they probably didn't realise played for them hahaha
  • I wish he'd got it
  • Preston, They probably remembered he had time at Old Trafford under SAF and you know how that has affected Rio?
  • Smith in at Norwich, a good appointment as he has as much chance as any candidate of keeping them up (which is little) but he does have good championship experience if he fails to, so hopefully will be able to mount a challenge for promotion next season.
  • The Athletic reckon Smith will be given the Norwich job in the next 48 hours

Norwich at home to Villa 14 December and its live on BT Sport

Could be a bit of a giggle