January Sales

Comments

• I still think he will go to Man Utd
  • I feel like I need a wash after reading that
  • I would not be surprised at an offer from someone like Newcastle, he would be a shoe in for a first team spot, they are currently going places and are able to pay top dollar.

Do not get me wrong, I would hate to see him go there, but I would not be surprised, the benches are simply too strong elsewhere and he would not be guaranteed a place
  • If he goes to Utd then he completely goes against his desire to win things.
  • You can't say we don't give young players a real chance to develop can you........ well it appears based on this you probably can? Not only the Mens team that do this?

https://www.football.london/womens-football/west-ham-transfer-exit-wsl-25886940

• You can't say we don't give young players a real chance to develop can you........ well it appears based on this you probably can? Not only the Mens team that do this?

https://www.football.london/womens-football/west-ham-transfer-exit-wsl-25886940

I'm not sure I agree with you there, she's had 10 appearances since she signed in August (we've only played 10 WSL matches, not sure if her 10 matches include other fixtures). Much more likely that she hasn't taken to England or London, is homesick or somesuch imo.
  • buffy, You are probably right possibly being homesick but we have let too many good young talents leave from both teams for there not to be a reason for concern. The womens team let a young aussie girl go & now she is being linked with a move back to the WSL it's as if they aren't trying to find a solution to keep them.
  • buffy, You are probably right.

I try to be at least once a year, that's me sorted for 2023 😂🤣😂
  • I don’t think the board will give Moyes any money in January. And to be honest, I’m not sure I’d blame them if they didn’t.

Moyes was given a huge kitty in the summer and oversaw a record spend, but his signings (and he has always stated he has the final say over transfers) are looking decidedly ropey right now. Whilst the jury is still out on Aguerd and Cornet as both have barely featured for us, Moyes has struggled to successfully integrate the other six into the first team, and his usage of them doesn’t reflect particularly well on his judgement, IMO;

Areola – doesn’t play ahead of an increasingly struggling Fabianski.
    Emerson – doesn’t play ahead of an increasingly struggling Cresswell.
    Kehrer – bounced around the back four, then dropped.
    Downes – barely plays at all.
    Paqueta – cost £40m but Moyes doesn’t appear know his best position.
    Scamacca – cost £32m but Moyes doesn’t employ tactics that suit the player, who is increasingly looking like Haller Mk2.

This all follows the previous summer where two of the four first team signings (Kral and Vlasic) were, at best, bit-part players who were subsequently farmed out 12 months later, so I do wonder how much trust is left in terms of the board giving Moyes money to spend.

I don’t think they want to sack him, but they may not have a choice soon; three more defeats – eight in a row – and they’ll be hard-pressed to justify keeping him on. A new manager now will almost certainly expect a budget this month, so if I was a betting man I’d say that the board are giving Moyes the next three games in the hope that he can turn it around, and if he doesn’t they can sack him after Everton (21st Jan) and then take a couple of weeks to bring in a replacement without having to commit to any new signings this month.
  • I don't think Moyes wants to make any new signings at this stage, there is an argument that we introduced too many new players at once in the summer. What he knows he has to do is to get some key players fit, the team performing and start accumulating some more points.
  • Aston Villa have rejected a bid from Everton to sign English striker Danny Ings on loan. The Midlands club will only accept the 30-year-old, also attracting interest from Bournemouth, Southampton and West Ham, departing on a permanent deal. (Mail)
  • Todays goal Mings to Ings... Stranger things
  • Bazshuayi said:

Todays goal Mings to Ings... Stranger things

Still doesn't match Lillee caught Willey bowled Dilley.
  • Or the Bowler's Holding, the Batman's Willey hahaha
  • Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta has reportedly given the green light for the Gunners to make a shock bid for Declan Rice in the summer. (Daily Mail)
  • That's the LB sorted then. 😂
  • IronHerb said:

That's the LB sorted then. 😂

The way Cresswell is performing, it's probably an upgrade.
  • Absolutely.
  • Armstrong Oko-Flex recalled from Swansea loan after just one start and 12 substitute appearances
  • Ravel49 said:
    Seems odd given he's started 13 games out of 16, and has played again since missing 2 gmes with an injury.
  • edited January 2023
    Seems really odd since Arthur came on as a sub half time on Christmas Day then played a full 90 minutes 29th December and scored the winning goal from a direct free kick

Maybe Mrs Masuaku doesn't like living in Istanbul
  • She CantstandMarkNoble?

#close enough
  • Bazshuayi said:

She CantstandMarkNoble?

#close enough

#itreallyisn't 😂🤣😂
  • Opinion is divided... All the other Captains say it isn't, I say it is :)
  • https://www.whufc.com/news/claudia-walker-departs-birmingham-city

The Womens squad is now 21 of which two of those are out on loan. Most weeks we don't name a full allocation of substitutes. Look forward to see who is coming in to replace the two who have now left plus shouldn't we have the full number of 25 players?
This discussion has been closed.