Jolly Negative Boys' Outing 😉
  • Ravel49 said:

I will personally drive Antonio to Wolves
    Anyone else keen on the road trip?

🙋‍♂️
  • Did we all just become best friends
  • Ravel49 said:

Did we all just become best friends

• Antonio did an interview with the Evening Standard three weeks ago where he said he was not happy with the number of games he'd played this season and he didn't like being on the bench

Swapping West Ham with Scamacca as the only competition for Wolves with Jimenez, Costa and four other first team centre forwards doesn't sound like an improvement
  • Last season he was talking about us needing another striker and for him to have competition.
  • Last season he was talking about us needing another striker and for him to have competition.

Competition where he was still first choice though. 😂🤣😂
  • He’s started 11 games this season, played in 24, and has 5 goals and 3 assists. Scamacca has 15 starts, 23 appearances, 7 goals no assists.

Neither has much of a record to shout about just yet, and honestly if either one of them showed any kind of form they would easily capture the starting role.
  • Antonio has 5 goals this season?
  • Including ECL, I suspect. 2 PL goals and 1 PL assist this season.
  • edited January 2023

Last season he was talking about us needing another striker and for him to have competition.

I remember him saying it a few times actually. From the BBC in August:

"On the competition for places, Antonio told the Footballer's Football podcast: "I’ve been asking for it, for like 18 months.

"We’re in the Europa Conference League now, in Europa last year. I played 52 games last year – that’s the most in my career.

"I’m getting older now. There’s times when I need that help. I had that period last year when I went quite a few games without scoring. If I had someone there to challenge me, that probably wouldn’t have gone on so long.""

That last paragraph reads to me as if the competition he wanted was an understudy; someone to play when he/Moyes felt like he needed a rest.

I get that he still wants to play, but his form hasn't warranted it this season. He must realise that. Granted, Scamacca hasn't done that much better, but he's looked more of a goal threat than Antonio this season, IMO.

But as alderz says, if either was performing anywhere near their maximum, they'd be nailed on to start each week.
  • Yesterday En-Nesyri released a statement through his agent (in Spanish, obviously)

"I thank all the clubs that have contacted my agent but at the moment I want to have my head only in Sevilla. It's not a money issue. It's a sporting issue, of wanting to help the team in the worst moments,"
  • Yesterday En-Nesyri released a statement through his agent (in Spanish, obviously)

"I thank all the clubs that have contacted my agent but at the moment I want to have my head only in Sevilla. It's not a money issue. It's a sporting issue, of wanting to help the team in the worst moments,"

Didn't realise he was related to Defoe.
  • West Ham considering swoop for Senegal international Mendy
    West Ham are monitoring Amiens and Senegal defender Formose Mendy according to The Athletic.
    It is claimed exploratory conversations with the 22-year-old have taken place.
    Mendy did go to the World Cup for his nation, but remained on the bench for the four of Senegal's games, with Chelsea's Kalidou Koulibaly favoured.
  • En-Nesyri moved to Spain in 2015 when he was 18yo, maybe he just likes it there

The weather in Seville is currently a sunny 16°C, can't imagine why he wouldn't want to swap that for London in January...
  • edited January 2023
    Chelsea have paid £9.7m for a four and half month loan!
  • Ravel49 said:

West Ham considering swoop for Senegal international Mendy
    West Ham are monitoring Amiens and Senegal defender Formose Mendy according to The Athletic.
    It is claimed exploratory conversations with the 22-year-old have taken place.
    Mendy did go to the World Cup for his nation, but remained on the bench for the four of Senegal's games, with Chelsea's Kalidou Koulibaly favoured.

Just in case anyone else doesn't know much about him, he's primarily a CB.
  • We've been linked with Ben Brereton Diaz lots of times. If we let Antonio go, he's probably a player who wouldn't be fazed by a relegation battle (in answer to above question about who we could potentially get)
  • West Ham have held conversations with French club Amiens about signing Senegal international centre-back Formose Mendy, 22. (The Athletic - subscription required)

West Ham are blocking any potential move for Jamaica striker Michail Antonio, 32, who is of interest to Wolves. (Express & Star)
  • I have 2 Atletico Madrid shirts with Trippier on one and Felix on the other
    2 of my Dortmund shirts have Witsel and Haaland on
    All have moved on
    So off to the shops I go to get an Antonio jersey 😜
  • West Ham seek forward reinforcements
    West Ham are exploring a move for Lorient's £25million-rated striker Terem Moffi after being snubbed by Sevilla forward Youssef En-Nesyri, according to The Sun.
    The Nigerian international has scored 11 goals in 17 Ligue 1 games this season
  • 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

• Should be all over that 😜 he’s done player 👏🏻

• Ravel49 said:

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

As its betway, shouldn't the name read AnToneyo? ;)
  • https://www.whufc.com/news/grace-garrad-departs-stabaek-fotball-kvinner

This means the Womens squad is now down to 20. I really hope there are some new players coming in very soon.

A new signing for our ladies:

https://www.whufc.com/news/west-ham-united-women-capture-belgium-international-amber-tysiak
  • love to see the growth of the Women's team i hope the board capitalise on its rise though than let it fall to the wayside. Feels like the WSL is rapidly becoming the go-to league for womens football if not already there now.

America and France seemed to be the destinations to go to but feels like England is rapidly becoming the #1 league for Womens football.
  • edited January 2023
    buffy, I hope the first of a few as they are needed.

Yeold, It would be nice if the Womens team could make a marque signing, no not the female version of Benny McCarthy, to send out a message of intent as all that seems to happen is the top players end up at the two Manchester clubs or Chelsea or Arsenal a bit like the mens game.
  • West Ham turn down Wolves offer for Dawson
    West Ham have turned down an offer from Wolves for defender Craig Dawson.
    The 32-year-old was linked with Wanderers in the summer but a move failed to materialise.
    "We've had an offer from Wolves, we've not accepted it and that's as much as I can tell you," said Hammers manager David Moyes.
    West Ham travel to fellow strugglers Wolves on Saturday.
This discussion has been closed.