• steve said:

Seems to be a bit more chatter about terem moffi ,any truth in it

We've already got one 32yo CF 😂🤣😂
  • Am I missing something here I thought he was 23
  • steve said:

Seems to be a bit more chatter about terem moffi ,any truth in it

We've already got one 32yo CF 😂🤣😂
    No, we have Antonio.
  • Talksport reporting that our £20m bid for Terem Moffi has been rejected as Lorient think he's worth £30m and it looks more likely he'll move to Ligue 1 rivals OGC Nice

https://talksport.com/football/1304593/west-ham-terem-moffi-lorient-offer-rejected/

Yes, Steve, he's 23
  • Thanks ASLEF at last someone makes sense on here =)

• steve said:

Am I missing something here I thought he was 23

Just a joke about the ages of Nigerian footballers:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2010/feb/21/nigerian-football-age-old-problem
  • 20 or 30M its January and clubs will know we are desperate. But are we desperate enough to be pushed higher fee wise. Or will we use it as the reason not to buy?
  • Moffi wants to join Nice, Lorient don't want to sell him to them. Another factor is the new owner of Bournemouth is trying to buy a in his club so it is very doubtful he will allow them to sell their main striker to one of their relegation rivals, a bit like Jesse Lingard last season. Ouattara is already about to join Bournemouth from Lorient. If we have that kind of money we could pay compensation & get the manager we really need or make a big offer to Tuchel or Poch to entice them?
  • so it is very doubtful he will allow them to sell their main striker to one of their relegation rivals

Lorient are 7th, Nice are 10th

Relegation rivals?
  • Arsenal have made Declan Rice their top transfer target this summer and are confident they can beat Chelsea to signing the 24-year-old England midfielder. (Times - subscription required)
  • ASLEF, I was referring to Bournemouth and Us? If he buys into Lorient, it's reported he wants a 30% share, & he has a say in transfer matters he is unlikely to let Moffi join West Ham.
  • edited January 2023
    Ravel49 said:

Arsenal have made Declan Rice their top transfer target this summer and are confident they can beat Chelsea to signing the 24-year-old England midfielder. (Times - subscription required)

Funny. It was reported also in the Guardian but they use the word optimistic instead of confident. (No subscription required) :-)
  • If I was Rice and actually contemplating going to Arsenal (really cant see it) I'd go right now in the Jan window for the chance of winning the title. If he goes there next season he may get champions league with them but if he wants to challenge for the title as a norm then I dont think that's Arsenal

For what its worth, I doubt Arsenal are confident or optimistic or willing to pay what we will ask
  • Chelsea aren't regularly winning leagues either. They've only won 5 I think, despite all the money they've spent and the top managers they bring in. With how often they change managers and players, there are very few players who manage to hold down a position. Matic went from their rock to sidelined depending on manager. They're obviously still a pretty strong team with all that money, but there's nothing like consistency there. Liverpool have done much better over the past 5 years. You couldn't really see that happening before Klopp. I could see Arsenal building something closer to that.
  • BBC gossip states we are looking to bring Maguire in on loan. I think that would be a good move for all involved. He is a quality centre back who needs get away from Man Utd. We are a good club for him to find his feet again in the Premiership.

United would get a small fee and his wages paid and hopefully see him kick start his confidence and form again to get back into their side or most probably put himself in the summer transfer window.
  • Please no
  • I don't think Maguire isn't the world class, £80m defender Man Utd thought they were buying, but there's no doubt in my mind that he's an upgrade on Dawson and Ogbonna if nothing else so I'd happily take him.
  • Not sure what version of English I was using in that last post. To clarify, that should read 'I don't think Maguire is the world class...'
  • He ain’t no Tomkins Geez 👊🏿
  • Full backs David if you please.
  • Wouldn't be averse to Maguire on loan if Dawson's fee covers most of the loan payment.
  • Hamstew said:

Full backs David if you please.

Way down the list, I fear. From what I read from one of the KUMB ITKs this morning, Scamacca is supposedly out for a while with an injury, and Antonio wants out, so a new striker is the priority (again). 14 days to go; I can see a striker and a centre back to replace Dawson and Antonio and I reckon that'll be it.
  • Hamstew said:

Full backs David if you please.

Way down the list, I fear. From what I read from one of the KUMB ITKs this morning, Scamacca is supposedly out for a while with an injury, and Antonio wants out, so a new striker is the priority (again). 14 days to go; I can see a striker and a centre back to replace Dawson and Antonio and I reckon that'll be it.
    He's out again? What's wrong with him this time?
  • Don't know. It's from one of the more reputable ITKs, but as always needs to be taken with a pinch of salt. But it might explain why he only got 15 minutes at the weekend despite us desperately needing a goal.
  • Another regular rumour from back in the day

Daily Mail

West Ham and Everton have both asked about Atalanta striker Duvan Zapata.
  • Why do we need another CB now that Aguerd and Zouma are fit with Ogbonna and Kehrer as back up?
  • Why do we need another CB now that Aguerd and Zouma are fit with Ogbonna and Kehrer as back up?

Maybe Moyes wants to play 6 at the back instead of the usual 5
This discussion has been closed.