January Sales

It's the actual transfer window, so go nuts and I'll close the other thread.

Comments

• How did I forget 🤦‍♂️
  • Who are we going to sell
  • Ravel49 said:

How did I forget 🤦‍♂️

Who are you?
  • Too much fizzy pop* last night

*Neat Voddies
  • 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉
  • I thought we bought too many players in summer and I don’t know if we fix much by adding to that. The only real transfer I think could make a big difference is at left back. I think Cresswell is a big weak link these days and we seem to have to switch to a back 5 to play Emerson, who I’m not sure adds much anyway.

Otherwise this squad should be good enough and I don’t think we need any more people to try and force into it.
  • I agree, this squad is full of quality but not delivering. This is about getting them to play in a way that brings out the best in the existing players.
  • We need another striker. Antonio scored 5 Prem goals in 2022. He's no longer up to it. (One for you Slacker 😱)
  • IronHerb said:

We need another striker.

Imo we need a left back, too. Emerson is not the answer. Cresswell is past it, and it costs us dearly.

• Having spent £163.8m in the summer on 8 first team players I do not expect any new arrivals this month.

BTW, did anyone notice that Goncalo Cardoso, signed from Boavista in August 2019 for £2.75m, left for Maritimo in the Portuguese Primeira Liga on deadline day. He made the bench 12 times for the first team but never got on the pitch
  • IronHerb said:

We need another striker. Antonio scored 5 Prem goals in 2022. He's no longer up to it. (One for you Slacker 😱)

Yeah but some people 😉need a scapegoat so for that reason only he must play shirley.

• @Slacker, I agree it is unfair to put all the blame onto Antonio as there are a few others who are at fault so as that is the case he doesn't actually have to play.
  • Mmm, but even when he doesn’t play he’s “so dozy” , as an example he was “ nowhere to be seen” in the Rangers- Celtic game today.😉
  • @Slacker, Yes he has yet to turn up at all & perform well on the my local parks pitches either. =)
  • One for Ham 🤡🤡🤡🤡

Daily Fail

Crystal Palace star Wilfried Zaha has reportedly emerged as a target for Barcelona on a free transfer, as the winger enters the final months of his contract.
  • Was reading an idea from someone on Twitter just now. I think Ex actually. Phillips plus cash for Rice at the end of the season. For me that would be the best solution other than keeping him.
  • Depends how much cash really tbh. I can't see us wanting to trump up the equivalent of £40-50m on a DM when we've got other holes that desperately need filling. I think (absolute lowest valuation) £80m would be better than say £40m plus Phillips.
  • I think £40m and Phillips would be a good deal for us on paper, but his injury record is pretty awful which worries me a lot.
  • alderz said:

I think £40m and Phillips would be a good deal for us on paper, but his injury record is pretty awful which worries me a lot.

Is it that bad? I know he's been out for a bit at City this season, but I didn't think his time at Leeds was particularly poor.

On paper it may be the best deal available; if Rice has to go anywhere in the PL I'd want it to be City, and Phillips may well be the best alternative we can get (assuming he'd be open to the move).
  • alderz said:

I think £40m and Phillips would be a good deal for us on paper, but his injury record is pretty awful which worries me a lot.

Is it that bad? I know he's been out for a bit at City this season, but I didn't think his time at Leeds was particularly poor.

On paper it may be the best deal available; if Rice has to go anywhere in the PL I'd want it to be City, and Phillips may well be the best alternative we can get (assuming he'd be open to the move).
    Missed half of last season. 38 games missed since he came to the PL

• This season Phillips been out for two months with a shoulder he dislocated in a pre-season friendly although he kept going for three weeks before accepting it needed surgery.

Last season he had 3 months with a hamstring that also needed surgery while the season before he had a month out with calf muscle and a month with a shoulder.
  • Sicknote - welcome to the West Ham physio bench.
  • Would Rice even get in Citys team on a regular basis? Rodri being rested periodically would be his chance but I dont see why a player would go to City unless he liked sitting on the bench most of the time. I also dont think Rice would be that influential in a stronger/top team. There are other young players that are more dynamic than him plus offer more going forward. I'd like us to sell him to the highest bidder but I dont think City will go for him. Everyone will want Bellingham in the summer and I doubt those clubs will want to spend a huge amount on Rice (as opposed to waiting for his contract to run down more and offer something we definitely wont find palatable)
  • I suspect a cash plus Gallageher from Chelsea will be more likely. Dec should look to City however if he wants trophies as Chelsea may not be the force they were under Abromavich.
  • I'm not sure Rice gets constant game time at any of those interested in him. He'll have to compete with others.
  • Liverpool desperately need someone like Rice.
  • I have a strong feeling Rice’s career will massively stall if he goes to Chelsea and maybe even be derailed. Managers always changing with their own ideas about how they want to play and who they want to bring in. If he went to City or Liverpool he’d have the benefit of a long term manager who improves their players. Though he’d be competing with Rodri and Fabinho.

I guess it makes sense that he wants to do more but Chelsea could be a disaster for him. I can think of far more players who have been destroyed their than have had long term success
  • IronHerb said:

Liverpool desperately need someone like Rice.

I think they'll get Bellingham. Although not the same players.
  • Yes, he will actually be rotated sometimes at a stronger club. But I think at Liverpool (and Chelsea) he'd be first choice in his position as opposed to behind Rodri at City (Fabinho is getting on and he'd most likely play next to him anyway(
This discussion has been closed.