Fiorentina Wednesday 7th June 8pm BT Sports ECL Final

Comments

• Cornets going to come on, do something and be a legend after not playing for more than 10 minutes all season.

Seriously though, its a final and its about whoever turns up. We have plenty of experienced players and have just as much chance of winning.

The fact that we actually got to a final is more important to me. But thats because England and West Ham have consistently disappointed since '66 so we are used to failing.

No other reason than gut feeling it, I do think we will win (and if we dont, I'll consign like all the other times we've been disappointed)
  • At least you will be able to fall back on Liverpool’s success..

Oh wait 😜
  • Hey calm down, clam down. We were a couple of games from winning everything last season. This one, well we figured ease up and let everyone else have a chance eh
  • Not sure clam down in a scouse accent works but limited edit time n all that
  • These are the ratings from a FM23 website

Terracciano 70
    Dodo 69 Milenkovic 74 Martínez 70 Biraghi 71
    Castrovilli 70 Amrabat 72
    Ikone 68 Bonaventura 71 Gonzalez 73
    Cabral 68

Antonio 68
    Fornals 72 Paqueta 75 Bowen 74
    Rice 81 Soucek 75
    Cresswell 71 Zouma 77 Aguerd 69 Coufal 73
    Areola/Fabianski both 70

I think Aguerd is underrated at 69 although his "potential" rating is 72 but on FM23 it looks like we have a slight edge

On Friday Gaetano Castrovilli managed to hit his knee against the goalpost and was limping at the end of the game. He missed the first half of the season after surgery on the same knee but Italiano says it was just a bruise

Nicolas Gonzalez also had to go off after an hour due to injury
  • Overthinking.
  • FM always slightly overpowers English teams and players, IMO.
  • I had a horrible dream last night, I slept through the ECL final...
  • edited June 2023
    Vincenzo Italiano says (translated from Italian)

"We have analysed West Ham. They are very strong. They have legs"

Damn it, he's discovered our secret!!!

Also they're practising penalties. It could be a long night
  • Pleeeeease not penalties.😱
  • Had a quiet afternoon in the garden being told by Mrs S “ You wont make it to Wednesday if you carry on like this, just sit down and take deep breaths you soppy old duffer.”😳
  • Decorating the lounge tomorrow are you? 😂
  • I’m gonna try fishing for a few hours. Probably won’t work but it’s better than being insulted.
  • edited June 2023
    Antony Martin of hammers.news reports a "Monumental boost for West Ham as two key Fiorentina players are reportedly out injured ahead of Europa Conference League final"

Italian website Kickest has listed AM Antonin Barak and GK Salvatore Sirigu as injured

Martin claims "Barak is a key player for Fiorentina" although he's only started 30 of the 50 matches he's been available

As for Sirigu...oh boy

Martin reckons "He is not Fiorentina’s number one goalkeeper" but "should number one stopper Bartlomiej Dragowski suffer an injury in the next couple of days or get sent off during the game, not having the reliable Sirigu serving as a backup will be a problem for Fiorentina."

Sirigu has been injured since the beginning of April

Bartlomiej Dragowski left Fiorentina to join Spezia last August and has made 34 appearances this season

https://www.hammers.news/news/monumental-boost-for-west-ham-as-two-key-fiorentina-players-are-reportedly-out-injured-ahead-of-europa-conference-league-final/

Maybe the internet is slower in Aylesbury
  • Just turned my West ham calendar over to June ,Yes I know few days late ,But who should be there then Coufal holding up a cell phone ,Looks like a cup to me =) and the fact the final is in his home country its a sign people =)

• Not long now. ⚒⚒
  • Really not looking forward to Wednesday.

Do I watch the final or do I watch live island. What say you @Ravel49 ?
  • edited June 2023
    😂 you know the answer to that my friend….

❤️🏝️
  • 4 - 0 irons! You heard it here first 😀
  • Doubt very much you will hear it again.

• Not long now ⚒⚒⚒
  • edited June 2023

4 - 0 irons! You heard it here first 😀

Doubt very much you will hear it again.

Perhaps nyc was talking about yellow cards ? 🙄
  • edited June 2023
    ^

• Am nervous. Not sure I like us being in finals.
  • Anybody else feeling like they don't actually want to watch it?
  • Yep.

But I feel I must embrace it.

COYI
  • I think I can manage it on my own. But I don't think I can cope with it and be on this site at the same time.
  • Have the wine standing by MrsGrey ,I have 2 bottles ready to go no matter what happens =)
  • By the way ,there both litre bottles to be on the safe side =)
  • 3am kick off here. Up by 2am for the pre-match build up. This may dull the tension, the pain, the joy. I'm not driving on Thursday, for sure 🍷🍻🎂