Fiorentina Wednesday 7th June 8pm BT Sports ECL Final

Comments

• I watched the game in our local cricket club alongside quite a few West Ham fans. One guy actually came armed with bubbles which came floating over everyone at the end of the game. A magical night for everyone.
  • Not sure what sanctions we'll get for the cup throwing. Haven't heard anything about City getting punished for them throwing stuff at the Man Utd players at the weekend, so hopefully it'll be no more than a fine.
  • My head still hurts, but we’ll worth it…
    Wish I was in East London today 😭⚒️⭐️⚒️

Isn't there an East London in South Africa, could you go there? ;)
    There is!! But not a patch on East London UK!!!
  • The only bad thing to come from that game is my 10 year old learning the actual word used in the "Bowens on fire" song. I've always said it's "and he's dating Dani Dyer"
    🤣
  • edited June 2023
    Congratulations to everyone on this site. We have seen as many bad times as good times, but we’ve all stood by West Ham, often with polite disagreement, but always with humour and the best interests of the club at heart.We all deserve to enjoy this.
    Well done to all at West Ham ⚒.

……..and congratulations to Pablo for Friday. What a week for him!
  • Just been a lovely interview on GB news with Chesney and my friend.
  • Hamstew said:

The only bad thing to come from that game is my 10 year old learning the actual word used in the "Bowens on fire" song. I've always said it's "and he's dating Dani Dyer"
    🤣

Well I expect you sat him down and told him that there was something his mother wanted to explain to him. =)

That was a lovely gesture Chesney did for your friend Vic.
    I have to say Vic sounded very positive and that all helps
  • Mike, Vic is a force of nature and a terrific bloke.
  • Slacker, thanks for posting that, got a tear in my eye after reading it. A wonderful piece of writing.
  • Think the full match is still available on YouTube.
  • mike said:

I was watching in a pub in Chelmsford with my son.I was so happy for him as he has seen us win zilch.
    Great night and I'm still buzzing 🏆

Which pub? You may have been one of the strangers I hugged.
  • Oh my poor head
  • edited June 2023
    The year before West Ham won the Cup Winners Cup, these were some of the players who won the FA Cup and therefore made it possible to be in it:

Bond, Burkett, Bovington, Brown, Brabrook, Boyce, Byrne.
    And coincidentally Boyce scored the last minute winner.

See where I'm going with this. ;)

Now we can add Benrahma and Bowen to the list.

It seems that B is our lucky letter.

Now, who's available beginning with B? =)
  • All 11 players were English too when most teams had at least 1 Scot, Welsh or Irish player.
  • edited June 2023

All 11 players were English too when most teams had at least 1 Scot, Welsh or Irish player.

And the 1975 win was the last time an all-English team including the substitute and manager won the FA Cup.
  • I know no one cares anymore 😂
    But 9 players played for both
    And how could I forget Diamanti 😭

https://sport.sky.it/calcio/conference-league/2023/06/07/fiorentina-west-ham-doppi-ex/amp
  • alderz said:

mike said:

I was watching in a pub in Chelmsford with my son.I was so happy for him as he has seen us win zilch.
    Great night and I'm still buzzing 🏆

Which pub? You may have been one of the strangers I hugged.
    The Riverside Inn in Victoria Street.
    At the final whistle I hugged a lot of strangers but I do remember thinking was that alderz 🤔😉😁
  • Alas, I was in The Plough

Never been a Chesney fan but he did a long stint in the fan park and maybe being live music, pleasant weather and a supportive and ‘liquid’ audience he and his band were just brilliant. 👏👏👏
  • steve said:

ASLEF start the next match thread ,To soon okay =)

Perth Glory awaits 💥
  • My head still hurts
  • Bad loser much?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65846514

The incident with Biraghi was dreadful, but caused by a few idiot "supporters", but the broken nose was where their guy headed the back of Benrahma's (I think) head. All this after basically saying before the match that their gameplan was to try and cheat.
  • Bad loser much?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65846514

The incident with Biraghi was dreadful, but caused by a few idiot "supporters", but the broken nose was where their guy headed the back of Benrahma's (I think) head. All this after basically saying before the match that their gameplan was to try and cheat.

Him and Mourinho should get a room… sad lot 😭
  • As soon as Bowen struck that superlative shot I was hootin and hollarin before the Var verdict....it was my phrophesy.....not felt this good since 1980 final, footie wise....I am pleased our younger fans can enjoy that feeling....what next, EPL top 4...
  • Should be working but spent the last 2 hours watching clips of the game, fans and celebrations!

I say that chap Bowen's ablaze and he's....
  • Building mutually beneficial relationships..