Fiorentina Wednesday 7th June 8pm BT Sports ECL Final

Comments

• edited June 2023
    Waiting for the bus. Waiting ages
    There'll be three along in a minute...
  • You're taking a bus from West London? =)
  • Will they get Moyes to park the bus?
  • Watching the parade here in Canada ,We really are massive ,But my head still hurts =)
  • edited June 2023
    Moyes bouncing to West Ham are Massive. Love it.
  • Proper Dad dancing to '500 miles' though
  • The BBC live coverage was carnage. The journos misidentifying players, having to apologise twice for Deccers dropping the F-bomb, but seemingly unaware of the lyrics as thousands of people belted out the Bowen's on Fire song 😄
  • Buffy I don’t think their president was exclusively thinking about the fans. I think he was also implying that our players were trying to hurt them especially as they went down like skittles whenever one was tackled.
  • Buffy I don’t think their president was exclusively thinking about the fans. I think he was also implying that our players were trying to hurt them especially as they went down like skittles whenever one was tackled.

That's my point exactly thornbury, he's accusing our players of being animals which is entirely unjustified.

• alderz said:

Alas, I was in The Plough

Bazshuayi said:

Should be working but spent the last 2 hours watching clips of the game, fans and celebrations!

I say that chap Bowen's ablaze and he's....

Paquetas pass was exquisite,beautiful,class etc

• Is that the West Ham team that had the fewest yellow cards in the Prem?

#animals

Need to get the Violins out for the Viola!
  • Just got home from the celebration. Loved it. Didn’t know what to expect but it was better.
  • Just watched the game again ,my head feels a bit better so just opend a nice red ,That will help right =) Also think I might be having a man crush on Bowen =)
  • Bowens on fire, man crushing Steve's desire!

#Na na na na na na na
  • My only concern was, did we have to do it in that shirt?, my comms guy talked about it not being a fans favorite and being on sale for £27, put a cup motive on it, go on and win said cup and all of a sudden they were going for £90,

My step son tried to get me one, truly lovely gesture but thankfully they had sold out…..really close call as I really do not like that shirt and I would have had to wear it 😉

• My only concern was, did we have to do it in that shirt?, my comms guy talked about it not being a fans favorite and being on sale for £27, put a cup motive on it, go on and win said cup and all of a sudden they were going for £90,

My step son tried to get me one, truly lovely gesture but thankfully they had sold out…..really close call as I really do not like that shirt and I would have had to wear it 😉

I agree Chicago, the least West Ham shirt for some time now immortalised. I never understood why the orange was not the usual blue that goes on the away shirts since forever. Not a terrible shirt then.
  • I feel really happy for Areola as he has been so patient for a keeper who could easily be first choice at clubs probably even a little bigger than us and has played really well throughout. I can't help feel a little sorry for Fabianski however who has been a brilliant servant for us and in my view possibly the best keeper we have ever had. He gets to struggle with relegation and Areola as second keeper picks up the Cup.

I wouldn't be surprised if they reverse things next year as Fab not getting any younger.
  • I don't mind the shirt. I think I read somewhere that the orange represents the sparks from a furnace. Or something along those lines.
  • To quote dear old John Motson -

"This is getting better and better and better"

• edited June 2023
    I was pleased when it was Fiorentina in the final as I knew it would be tougher & that it would feel that more special if we won.

What this has done is really cement our progress over the last 3 years. 6th, 7th & a semi-final defeat & now a European trophy, plus a third season in a row of European qualification. So many teams qualify for European football regularly, but to actually stamp it with a trophy really puts us on the map a little bit & is that evidence for that progress we have made as a club. When I look back on Sevilla, Lyon, Frankfurt last season & then Alkmaar & Fiorentina this season, it is almost so surreal given where we are used to being, hoping for a top half finish if we’re lucky.

When you look at Arsenal or Spurs for example, if we compare us to them, they have had several years of regularly competing in either the Champions League, Europa League or Conference League, & they have nothing to show for that consistency.
  • Do you think Newcastle fans would trade in their Champions League qualification to experience what we did on Wednesday?
  • Depends how long they last in it.
  • edited June 2023
    Read their forum. They discuss it a bit on there.
  • Since leaving Stansted at 10am on Tuesday and getting back to my hotel room at 1.30am, local, on Thursday I covered 37,000 steps. The walk from the main square to the fan park was up steps, lots of steps. Now I climbed the steps at Covent Garden tube and thought that was a lot but this was double. Not saying it was steep but I passed mountain goats having a rest. 🤷‍♂️

The walk from the Metro the stadium was 20 minutes downhill all the way and a lot longer coming back.

What I'm trying to say is does anyone have a good cure for sore feet and calves? 😁
  • IronHerb said:

To quote dear old John Motson -

"This is getting better and better and better"

We say a lot that Paqueta takes too long on the ball, but he doesn’t there, does he! The speed of thought to roll the ball and play that pass, and the quality to execute it. Amazing.
  • Think that was the only time Soucek touched the ball all evening 😂
  • #SoucekStats

30 touches
    39% pass accuracy
    Possession lost 12 times
    Dribbled around twice
    40% duels won

One Trophy.

• Apart from the trophy, those are pretty awful stats.
  • It was also the weight on the pass that was so perfect that Bowen didn't have to adjust his stride. Absolutely brilliant.