January Sales

Comments

• Have read that Scamacca has posted "Soon back" on Instagram 🤞🤞🤞.
  • I wonder what his definition of soon is? I hate when people, often solicitors, say " we will be back to you in due course" what does that mean, later today, a couple of days, next week, next month, never?
  • edited January 2023

I wonder what his definition of soon is? I hate when people, often solicitors, say " we will be back to you in due course" what does that mean, later today, a couple of days, next week, next month, never?

My experience of solicitors (limited to house purchases/sales, honest 😂🤣😂) is that "in due course" means after you've chased them at least 3 or 4 more times.
  • Have read that Scamacca has posted "Soon back" on Instagram 🤞🤞🤞.

Was it in English or Italian? Could make a difference. 😁
  • Isn't that from a couple of weeks back? Or is he talking about moving again?

No real issue with him going if he's replaced, but if he goes and we're trusting to luck that Scamacca and Ings won't fall over again in the first week of February, then I'd be pretty peeved with the club.
  • edited January 2023
    IronHerb said:

Have read that Scamacca has posted "Soon back" on Instagram 🤞🤞🤞.

Was it in English or Italian? Could make a difference. 😁
    😱😱😱😂🤣😂

I've no idea tbh, as I'm not on Instagram, but I'm choosing to see the positive.
  • Times ticking ,can't see him going anywhere
  • edited January 2023
    Randy completes Bournemouth move 🧤
  • Coventry to Rotherham also confirmed.

He's signed a contract extension at West Ham so he's here until the summer of 2024. Presumably to cover relegation and the inevitable departures, should it happen.
  • Personally looking forward to Jannik Vestergaard being announced on loan for the rest of the season.

#announcejan
  • Ravel49 said:

Personally looking forward to Jannik Vestergaard being announced on loan for the rest of the season.

#announcejan

Where’s George John when you need him?
  • Still plenty of time for us to announce after an extremely long set of transfer negotiations the signing of Samuel Inkoom!
  • ‘ Arsenal still want Rice this summer'
    Sky Sports News reporter Dharmesh Sheth told the Transfer Show:
    "Arsenal remain interested in Declan Rice for a move in the summer, regardless of whether they sign Moises Caicedo in this window.
    "West Ham will not be selling Rice this month. They're in a relation battle. He's one of their key players if not their key player so he will be staying.
    "Come the summer though, he'll have two years left on his contract. If he doesn't sign a new deal, it is the optimum time to get a maximum fee.
    "These profiles have a succession plan given their ages to eventually replace the likes of Thomas Partey and Granit Xhaka."
  • It may be a good move for him. I think Arteta appears to be a manager going places and I could imagine him a good fit for Dec. He has not only got Arsenal winning again but has turned them around mentally into a much tougher outfit, able to play good football but also go toe to toe physically, something Wenger's sides sometimes lacked after Viera left.

If Dec wants trophies City may be his safest bet but should they not make an approach then Arsenal could be as good as Liverpool, Chelsea or United. Just please not Newcastle!
  • Real Madrid will not make a move for West Ham midfielder Declan Rice, 24, in the summer as the England international has decided to join Arsenal. (El Nacional - in Spanish)
  • Newcastle's Ashby bid rejected
    West Ham have rejected a bid from Newcastle for right-back Harrison Ashby.
    The bid went in earlier in the window.
    Negotiations are ongoing between the clubs. It is thought West Ham would be open to doing business, given Ashby is out of contract in the summer.
    Newcastle have a long-standing interest in the player and tried to sign him in the summer. They have been in the market for a young right-back, and Ashby is 21.
    Newcastle want a player who can learn from Kieran Trippier before developing as a potential first-choice, and they have watched Real Valladolid’s 18 year-old Ivan Fresneda on a number of occasions.
  • I don’t profess to know much about our kids other than brief appearances in Europe but I always feel it’s a shame to to see them go.
    I know there’s lots of elements involved, contracts, skill levels, agents etc, and that the coaches see these kids every day but I always loved to see “one of our own” come through.
  • I liked the look of Ashby and feel in 2 or 3 years he could easily be a first choice right back for a Premier league team. If Coufal is leaving,as has been mentioned a few times, then a perfect opportunity for him in the first team squad.
  • edited January 2023
    Didn't realise until today that one of ours that left in the summer, Sonny Perkins, scored for Leeds in the FA Cup third round earlier this month.
  • Given how out of form Coufal/Johnson (and Kehrer) have been I'll be very disappointed letting Ashby go

Understand from his perspective, if he can't get in the squad even if the ones infront of him are bang out of form he's not gonna get a chance, at 21 he needs to take the wheel of his own career
  • Prob

Given how out of form Coufal/Johnson (and Kehrer) have been I'll be very disappointed letting Ashby go

Understand from his perspective, if he can't get in the squad even if the ones infront of him are bang out of form he's not gonna get a chance, at 21 he needs to take the wheel of his own career

Coufal has been back in form for the last two games.
  • It would be hard for him to make a case for being nearer a first team place at Newcastle than at West Ham but they may of course pay him a good deal more to assume a more distant place than we would.
  • It is a bit odd as Howe is reportedly saying that he rates him as a youngster but wants him to train with and learn off Trippier. So he is unlikely to get much game time at the moment.
  • I would have thought that if Howe rates him, it would be reason enough to keep him.
  • West Ham have joined Aston Villa in the race for Marseille and France midfielder Matteo Guendouzi, 23. (L'Equipe - in French)
  • IronHerb said:

It is a bit odd as Howe is reportedly saying that he rates him as a youngster but wants him to train with and learn off Trippier. So he is unlikely to get much game time at the moment.

*Speculation* but if that’s all true, then it doesn’t look that different a situation than he is currently in, so the only real differences there could be are a) money, or b) greater likelihood of progressing to the first team.
  • And long-term prospects of the club. Whether people agree with how Newcastle are funded, it looks like they're heading for a top six berth (or will create a top seven). Probably a more exciting prospect than a team that doesn't look ready to push on.
  • £3m fee agreed for Ashby according to Sky.

Think we may regret this one. Time will tell.

Will we reinvest this month, I wonder.
This discussion has been closed.