Couldn’t think…. The next part

Comments

• edited May 2022
    I personally don't really wear football shirts. Occasionally retro or old ones when playing football. But for me it's not weird that an adult would wear one.
    On a match day I quite like the sea of claret and blue.
  • The black and red one IMO is revolting, why red? or black for that matter? that just makes no sense or is nothing related to West Ham, oh well...not my decision so have to live/accept it.....
  • Slacker said:

At the risk of offending anyone ( again) I really don’t get why anybody over 15 would wear a football shirt unless you’re playing.🤷🏻‍♂️

Whether you get it or not doesn’t really matter. What matters is that people do, and merchandise is a big revenue stream for football clubs. Making universally disliked merchandise (idk if this is, but it seems like it might be) that impacts sales will have an impact on that revenue stream.
  • Probably wrong thread but PL2 goal of the season by Ajibola Alese, was spectacular. Even tho' the opposition wasn't great, it was a one man goal
  • alderz said:

Slacker said:

At the risk of offending anyone ( again) I really don’t get why anybody over 15 would wear a football shirt unless you’re playing.🤷🏻‍♂️

Whether you get it or not doesn’t really matter. What matters is that people do, and merchandise is a big revenue stream for football clubs. Making universally disliked merchandise (idk if this is, but it seems like it might be) that impacts sales will have an impact on that revenue stream.
    Still looks daft on a fifty year old fat bloke though dunnit?

• Wait until it’s on the players & we’re 4th. Always looks better then I find.
  • Slacker said:

alderz said:

Slacker said:

And there's me thinking I look quite smart. 😂
  • I was gonna say I resemble that remark with my training top! For the good of the sites eyes I'll refrain from taking a pic with me actually in it

• IronHerb said:

Slacker said:

alderz said:

Slacker said:

And there's me thinking I look quite smart. 😂
    Me too Herb

That's thinking the same about me, rather than thinking how you look =)
  • Hamstew said:

Not great is it.

This shirt looks like it belongs to a short fat bloke hahaha
  • looks like the print faded on the arms first wash
  • edited May 2022
    As PLF said, it really reminds me of a training top. The black and red one looks like some knock-off from a market.
  • I actually think it could look ok if your took away the mottle effect and had solid stripes on those sleeves, it may look quite modern then. The best for ages was last seasons for me and the dark blue away kit with that was probably best ever.
  • Baz, you cad you.
    I’ve already had my shower this morning and there you go getting me to read a Daily M**l article! I’ll be running out of shower gel now.

*Sooo hope it’s true though.
  • edited May 2022
    I think it fair to say that your opinion is probably a minority one amongst sports fans the world over, but that does not make it offensive or invalid, i for one, am not offended.

There is a school of thought that when your opinion is likely to be considered as being against the grain then there is validity in keeping it to oneself, but this is specifically a forum where opinions can be freely expressed.

To be fair, I am sure there are many people not invested in a particular team who also feel it is slightly weird, but I think that seeing this is a sports forum, I would expect most on here will own a shirt or at least some WHU merchandise.

You are probably ahead of most of us financially as I suspect that you have saved yourself a few bob.

:-)
  • One for Slacker -

"The wearing of football colours is prohibited in the popular tourist attraction area from the Place de la Concorde to the Arc de Triomphe".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61610761
  • IronHerb said:

One for Slacker -

"The wearing of football colours is prohibited in the popular tourist attraction area from the Place de la Concorde to the Arc de Triomphe".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61610761

“ This does not apply to minors “
    😉

• I think it fair to say that your opinion is probably a minority one amongst sports fans the world over, but that does not make it offensive or invalid, i for one, am not offended.

There is a school of thought that when your opinion is likely to be considered as being against the grain then there is validity in keeping it to oneself, but this is specifically a forum where opinions can be freely expressed.

To be fair, I am sure there are many people not invested in a particular team who also feel it is slightly weird, but I think that seeing this is a sports forum, I would expect most on here will own a shirt or at least some WHU merchandise.

You are probably ahead of most of us financially as I suspect that you have saved yourself a few bob.

:-)

Mmm some interesting points in there.
    I reckon to “speak out against the grain” is a trait of some of the giants of history and probably changed it for the better ( I’m no giant btw).
    Regarding merch, nope never bought an overpriced fanboy shirt so yeah probably have saved a few grand! However there is “Nobes the gnome” sitting looking at the fish in my pond in his glorious West Ham strip and my trusty old West Ham “ match day “ mug- but I don’t take either to games.😉

• Ahh, but can Nobes the Gnome handle a wet and windy night in Stoke whilst watching the fish in the pond?
  • Whilst I certainly like to wear a shirt when going to watch a game live, going to a bar to watch a game and, slightly oddly, even when watching it at home -(I know it makes difference and no-one can tell me otherwise), I cannot imagine wearing one on a normal Saturday to go shopping or on holiday etc.

But that is just me,
  • I personally own a few hammers shirts… I love wearing them now and then out here in Cape Town, because it makes me stand out… Not because I want to stand out, but true football fans out here will then know I’m a true fan, not a wannabe who just picks a “top 6 “ team to be a glory hunter….. Like the majority of overseas based fans I guess…
    When I get greeted or someone says something about it, we’ll it puts a smile on my face …
    I do usually have to wait for the end of season sales as the exchange rate out here makes it more affordable to me ⚒️⚒️⚒️
  • But Jay, we will be a top six team again next year.
  • Phew its a good job we didnt make top6 two years running or there'd be a lot of SA accents screaming glory hunter at your claret n blue!
  • Ahh, but can Nobes the Gnome handle a wet and windy night in Stoke whilst watching the fish in the pond?

He’s as hard as nails (literally) he could do that on his head.👌
  • Tbh I’m looking forward to it.
    Got a lovely bit of fillet steak, proper chips and mushrooms on the go, oh and a nice drop of Pinot Noir to wash it down.
    A good mate is a proper Liverpool fan so just for him I’d like to see them win.
  • A good mate of mine is Liverpool. He has a Brighton season ticket lol. Think I'll be rooting for Madrid tonight.
  • My brother-in-law is Spanish, from Madrid, a RM life long supporter, so come on you RM
  • Hamstew said:

A good mate of mine is Liverpool. He has a Brighton season ticket lol. Think I'll be rooting for Madrid tonight.

That’s just weird.
This discussion has been closed.